... no one.
67%

Total votes: 6

Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

Who will break the Arch of Time?

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

I swear, I read that in the GI, SRD says that we can figure out his story from the clues he's given us. Maybe this swearing is just intellectual cussing. But if not, if he really said that, here's some more of a go at figuring everything out.

Question-and-argument: who will break the Arch of Time?

Here's the argument:
  • IF the Worm stops, the only way to break the Arch from within will be to restore Her name (barring a caesure-fest from Linden and Covey, or some unknown Jerry-atrics). The Elohim alone know Her name. They will not tell It to the Despiser. So if the Arch breaks from within, it will be because of the Worm.

If the Worm breaks the Arch, Anele's talk of forbidding will go to waste.

The protagonists will try or not try to act on Anele's talk.

They will try.

Therefore, they will either fail, or something from without the Arch will break it.

The Creator might intervene in creation, breaking the Arch, if the Land were sufficiently Desecrated (FR 148).

The Land will be sufficiently Desecrated.

Therefore the Creator will break the Arch.
Not a technically valid argument, I'd fail a Logic 101 class with it, but go QED.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'm torn in my predictions...but went with my preferred-at-the-moment theory so said no one.
Most likely, it won't actually get broken, though it will be close.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”