Crack'd Pot Trail

Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Crack'd Pot Trail

Post by Mr. Broken »

I didnt see a thread on this one , and the injustice of that fact left me haunted. Like many of his previous works it begins with an introduction of characters , though not in the fashion to which we have been made acustom. It then descends into a beautiful, catastrophe, of sex, violence, and deeply disturbing humour. I loved it . Simultaneous stimulation to both funny bone, and gag reflex, with a lesson. No I didnt say moral, morals have no place in this long winded , if all too short telling. If it seems like I'm gushing over this novella, this writer, and his talent, Iam and thats part of the lesson.
Wide Eyed Stupid
lucimay
Lord

Re: Crack'd Pot Trail

Post by lucimay »

Mr. Broken wrote:I didnt see a thread on this one , and the injustice of that fact left me haunted. Like many of his previous works it begins with an introduction of characters , though not in the fashion to which we have been made acustom. It then descends into a beautiful, catastrophe, of sex, violence, and deeply disturbing humour. I loved it . Simultaneous stimulation to both funny bone, and gag reflex, with a lesson. No I didnt say moral, morals have no place in this long winded , if all too short telling. If it seems like I'm gushing over this novella, this writer, and his talent, Iam and thats part of the lesson.
what a great blurb (or review)!! nice job. you just made me go pop that bad boy right into my little kindle! 8) :thumbsup: :D

i have the first two, don't have the lees of laugher's end.
should i get it and then read straight through all four or can
i speed right on to crack'd pot?
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I dont believe sequence to be crucial, at least as far as these novellas go. I would dig right in.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Onos T'oolan
First Sword

Post by Onos T'oolan »

I was looking at this the other day, while browsing in B&N with Xar. I haven't read the other collection of novellas about those guys, so didn't get it yet. But does it say who the Sisters are? I was skimming through, hoping to see.
"You have no understanding of what his title of Sword signifies - he is without equal in this world." -- K'rul
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Ive enjoyed these novellas very much. My only regret is that the characters of Bauchelain, and Korbal Broach only made a brief appearance in the main story line. However it sounds as though there will be more novellas to come. Their particular brand of evil is just so much fun, as for the Sisters , their identity remains a mystery at least to me.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Enjoyed it even more on the second read. Avas Diddion Flicker deserves a spot in the main storyline. I'm hoping for something in Eriksons upcoming works.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”