Krinn
PP: 10

Brand

Laurel

Ianua
], PP: 6
Last edited by AllMother on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

APRIL, YEAR 1

The town cryer clears his throat and begins.

"Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Farmer Barnett is taking bids on the piglets born last week. There are six - 3 males and 3 females - all of good stock and health. Contact him if you are interested in adding to your pen.

Plans for next year's Tournament of the Sword are beginning. Please visit the merchant's guild if you want to rent booth space.

Planting season is upon us and we all must do our duty to help. Sign up to reserve your preferred space and time for planting. Many options are still available.

That is all for today."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

May, Year 1

The town cryer clears his throat and begins.

"Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Plans are under way for the Tournament of the Sword. Booth spaces are ready and going quickly. Sign up for your merchant spaces today!

Builders are required for the new town center. Innkeeper Smyth needs carpenters and masons to expand Inn of the Wooden Spoon and craftsmen needed for the marketplace expansion. Contact the Tradesmen's Guild for more information.

Thefts have been reported throughout town. If you have any information, contact the magistrate. All information will be confidential.

That is all for today."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

The Town Crier clears his throat and begins.

"Hear ye, hear ye.

The Council of Elders has issued a caution to all people of Twinsriver. A pack of wolves has been spotted in the surrounding areas of the city. Livestock have been attacked and the child of the Drover family is missing and presumed killed by the wolves. Use all necessary caution when you leave the city boundaries. Anyone having information regarding the pack is urged to come forward.

The Council has named a new Chief Organizer for the Tournament of the Sword. Attend the council meeting a week from this Thursday and speak to the Harper if you want more information on how you can help.

The town’s school will be offering exciting summer programs for children of all ages. Sign up with Schoolmaster Robert to get the program of your choice.

Betty Dick in the marketplace has grilled tripe at the end of the day, ready for supper at 8 o’clock at Jeanie McMillan’s pub. Tell your folks about it."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Town Crier clear his throat and began.

“Hear ye, hear ye.

The Council of Elders asks that all persons be of civil and peaceable behavior as new arrivals enter the city. The council does not want newcomers to engage in rows or other unseemly behavior that risks the safety of our townsfolk. Do your part and set the example!

Be it known that all buildings and houses should have tiled roofs. Thatching is no longer allowed. Contact the Builder’s Guild to get your roof changed.

Master Bellwith’s tavern has been completed along with 25 new rooms. He is looking to employ barkeeps, housemaids and cooks. Talk to Master Bellwith if you need work.

New items are to be had in the marketplace – horses, fowl and produce from the outer reaches of the world! Visit JWK Merchants stall in the middle of town to purchase your share!”
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

"Hear ye, hear ye!

The Council of Elders wants to announce the celebration to be held next Tuesday in the town square for Azver, the brave fighter who has rid Twinsriver of the wolf pack that threatened us.

All are welcome to attend."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

“Farmers and hunters are needed for maintenance and harvest to the west of the town. All interested workers can contact Mr. Johnson at JWK Merchants in the marketplace.

“The Council of Elders ask that all livestock be kept out of the construction site of the new Tournament Hall as they have been interfering with the building. Please keep your animals at home!

“The Builder’s Guild has a backlog of work so be sure to schedule your requests with them. Do not go to the Council for your work requests.

“Also, the Builder’s Guild asks for able-bodied men to help with the construction of the town center marketplace. Many new projects have been planned. They need help with Tournament Hall construction, street paving and expansion of marketplace stalls.

That is all for today.”
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Town Crier clears his throat and begins.

"All new craftsmen and artisans are to report to the Builder’s Guild if you want to work on the many town expansions. No worker will be considered without the Guild’s approval.

"The Tournament of the Sword is less than a year away and plans are under way to expand the venues to incorporate other areas of competition. This can include competitions in the handmade arts, blacksmithing, cooking, horse racing and livestock. Please meet with the Council of Elders and the Bard Laurel to discuss your plans and ideas.

"In addition, all artists shall present themselves to the Bard Laurel as she will delegate the decoration of the new Festival Hall and conduct the auditions for any and all entertainment.

All citizens of Twinsriver are encouraged to be on the watch for crime. "The city is experiencing a high level of immigration and with it theft and other crimes are on the rise. No vagrancy will be allowed and those who do not comply with the laws will be dealt with harshly."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

The Town Crier clears his throat and begins:

“The Council of Elders meets Tuesdays and Fridays. All are invited to attend. Be aware. No disorder will be tolerated.

"Magistrate Gener has ordered that all weapons within town limits be surrendered to the city watch for the safety of the citizens of Twinsriver. Do your duty. Obey the law.

"This month’s bread is made by the Cataline Brotherhood of Millers. Cataline uses only the finest flour in the land. True bread for true citizens.”
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

The Town Crier clears his throat and begins

"A weekly service will be held at Kimer's shrine on the last day of every week. All are welcome to attend. A light lunch will be served afterward. Donations will be accepted to help the less fortunate, including the wife and children of Spritz.

"Anyone wanting to hire entertainers for their household, contact the Harper Laurel to make arrangements.

"Harvest time is upon us. Please volunteer your time and resources at the fields and granaries to make this a successful and bountiful harvest."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

"Hear ye, hear ye! By the order of the Elders, all able-bodied men must report to one of the village's weapons masters for training at least once a month. Those interested in joining the Twinsriver Defensive Guard will report to Gener. Azver will accept all who wish to join the Twinsriver Offensive Militia, and Krinn will review applicants for suitability in the Twinsriver Expeditionary and Reconnaissance Force. Those who do not report will be fined or assigned two weekends of community service."

"Hear ye, hear ye! The village Elders are seeking competitive bids on welcome houses and visitor gardens to be built outside the gates of Twinsriver."
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

“Harvest time is upon us and takes priority over all other duties. However, the council has seen fit to have a festival to celebrate and give thanks to the gods for their bounty. In the marketplace, JWK Merchants are sponsoring a feast at the end of the harvest. Food, wine and ale will be provided.

“Fishermen report seeing strange looking fish in the waters of the rivers. The council asks that you not eat these strange fish but destroy them or throw them back in the river.

“Magistrate Gener has instructed that a silo be constructed to hold surplus harvest items. In addition, the Council has decided on the new town center that includes a council chamber and constabulary building. Governmental infrastructure takes precedence over the Tournament so builders on the festival hall will be redirected to complete the town square before the end of the year.

“The Council wishes to thank Brand Redbeard for his quick work in raising the wall. Almost overnight, Twinsriver has the beginnings of the wall built.”

“That is all for now.”

TOWN GOSSIP

The women of the neighborhood in the south stood around the well. “The town gossips are saying that Laurel has been having an affair with Peimur, one of her harpers. Apparently, when he returned from Aswan, she flew into his arms and they barely got behind closed doors before they – well, you know. But, I heard from one of the students that she’s also been seeing the schoolmaster!”

“I’ve seen these types of fish before when I was fishing in Harrisbridge,” the skinny fisherman said.

“Where’s that?” another man asked.

"South of here, by the sea.” He looked at the faces of the other fishermen. He looked down at his net and retied and the knot, his brown hands quickly repairing the net. “These fish are the offspring of the hydra and the god of the sea.” He nodded, seeing that he had the attention of the superstitious fishermen. “They mark the arrival of the hydra, a great sea beast with six heads and breath so foul, I’ve seen grown men drop dead from the smell of it!"

“No, I saw him, I really saw him,” the young boy exclaimed to his friend. “I got up last night and went outside to the bushes. As I was doing my business, I looked over and saw this huge metal man putting up a metal branch!”

His friend looked skeptical. “You did not!”

“Yes I did and I’ll show you!”

He led his friend around the back of the neighborhood and there the children stand before a great metal post, carved like a tree branch.

As she picked the herbs and moss from the wet earth of the river bank, the old woman replied to her daughter, “Yes, so many newcomers are bringing this horrible sickness into the city. But, I think my medicines have been helping.” The moss she picks is muddied with dirt, saturated from the river water.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GM NOte: the gossip may be true or false.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Posted on the announcement board in the marketplace:

A murderer has been caught!

His name is Tellel and he confessed to the killings of Shoner and Spritz as well as other dastardly crimes against the citizens of Twinsriver including theft and rape.

The man was accosted by the constabulary weilding a deadly, thorned whip. After questioning by the magistrate and his constables, Tellel admitted malice and aforethought of the crimes and lacked any remorse.

A trial was convened and a jury was made up of Twinsriver residents including Councilman Weatherby. The jury found the man guilty and sentenced him to death.

He was brought to the town square where Gener read the Devotion to Kimer and then beheaded the murderer with one, clean swipe.

Tellel's remains will be burned and his ashes buried outside of town.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

Gossip

The merchant adjusted his robes around his enormous belly, his horse seeming to breathe a sigh of relief at having the great weight lifted from its back. “I bought a fine group of slaves there but I doubt any of them are from Harkenwold. I wish I did though! I would like the reward the Baron is offering for their return.”

The young man’s skin shines with sweat as he lifts a heavy plank and hands it to his brother in arms.

The redheaded girl sighs, “I could stand here and watch him all day!”

Her friend leans in close and whispers, “But, he usually spends all day patrolling the town and then he goes to the dojo at night.”

“I know, I know.” The girls pause for a moment, just watching the men work. “I wish I knew his name.”

“I saw him helping Old Man Orrey the other day. Seems like all they do is go around doing good deeds all the time.” She points and adds, “And now they are helping with the wall.”

The redhead replies, “Who cares?! At least we get to watch them!”

The Aswani traveler sets down his load and sees to wife’s comfort. He lays down a blanket for her to rest. The baby seems to have dropped and he fears her time is near. He leaves her with a cup of wine and a small crust of bread and cheese and passes through the gardens toward the Welcome Center area.

He peers through the dust and waits his turn in line. Workers are all around him raising the bones of a building as he and other prospective citizens vie to enter Twinsriver. A nearby garden of autumn foliage filled with pumpkins, herbs and flowers wafts through the air, giving an earthy, but sweet, fragrances. He inhales deeply, feeling that this move to Twinsriver has been blessed by the gods. As he waits, he overhears conversations about this and that. But, one captures his attention.

The men standing a few feet behind him discuss a place called Spire Mountain. He listens for a few moments and then quietly laughs to himself and shakes his head when the men begin to mention evil magicians and ghosts haunting the place. People will believe anything!

“Next!”

He stops his reverie and steps up to the clerk.
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

“Although the days grow shorter and colder, all are encouraged to come celebrate Twinsriver's traditions, cultures and faiths during The Festival of Artistry over the coming month. Luminary paths will lead citizens to public gatherings of song, symbolic decorations, performances and special events to entertain, warm, refresh and enlighten.

Each night's commemoration will be in a different Twinsriver venue and each will have distinctive attractions; come and see what any given night holds...
That is all.”

Gossip

"Johnson is an outright theif! He stole my customers by bringing in that fancy wine from Aswan. Now what am I going to do with all this ale??" The merchant harumphed and stalked away, leaving the bartender shaking his head.

The young man whispered, "We can take the shit and smear it on the walls inside the hall!"

His friend could not help but stifle a laugh. "They will catch us and I don't want to mess with, well.. mess!"

"You're just scared!"
AllMother
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by AllMother »

“Although the days grow shorter and colder, all are encouraged to come celebrate Twinsriver's traditions, cultures and faiths during The Festival of Artistry over the coming month. Luminary paths will lead citizens to public gatherings of song, symbolic decorations, performances and special events to entertain, warm, refresh and enlighten.
“With the surprise completion of Festival Hall, all events will occur within. Come One, Come All to appreciate the results of the efforts of Twinsriver’s craftsmen and artisans over the past several months, and enjoy the celebrations.

“A message to all immigrants from Harrisbridge: Please direct yourselves to the Welcome Center to check in with the magisterial guard and you will be given instructions of Twinsriver amenities and services. “

“Master Tomas the blacksmith asks you to give your tithes at the Great Forge in thanks for Janus’ protection from the dreaded hydra.
“That is all.”

Gossip:

Goodwoman Matthews wiped her hands on her apron. “Well, if you ask me, the gods have blessed Twinsriver. Why, just look at that clock! And the wall!”

“Don’t you think it is a little scary, I mean, with all the gods doing things all over the place?” her companion asked.

Goodwoman Matthews places the flour covered bowl on the table and turns the dough out. As she begins kneading, she replies, “No. I feel more protected now than ever!”

The Marquis of Aswan stroked his beard as he listened to his councilors bicker.

“Trade with Twinsriver has been profitable. I don’t see why you quibble, Santo,” Borof said.

Santo replied, “Because they grow at an alarming rate.” He stopped and looked around the room. His eyes stopped on the Marquis. “My lord, we have profited from this trade with Twinsriver but we risk becoming a second stop in an ancient trade route.”

Return to “Prophets”