2012 Watchies. How to post in the forum and what to expect

Spotlighting Watchers and posts that go Above and Beyond the call of duty.

Moderators: Menolly, [Syl]

[Syl]
Unfettered One

2012 Watchies. How to post in the forum and what to expect

Post by [Syl] »

It's that time of the year. Again.

We're doing things a little differently this time. If you're a member of the Tank, you probably know what to expect.

Basically, in order to nominate and post, you need to register. You can do that by following this link. Press the button that says "join group." If you're not added to the group within 24 hours, send me a PM. Please do not register any alts. This is to ensure the vote count without the mods having to add them all up.

Once you're registered you can post. Visit the category nomination thread to suggest a Watchy category.

Once the category phase is over (no hard date, but two weeks from today I'll probably close it unless there's still significant activity), each category will get its own nomination thread in which you can nominate people, posts, etc. for that category. When that phase is over, the thread will be converted into a poll with the seconded nominations as options. The polls will run for a set time (TBD), at the end of which, the winners will be apparent.

Let the festivities commence.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Also, I will approve alts to join once the voting is done so any alts can comment at that point.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner

Return to “The Watchy Awards Forum”