Demon: The Fallen - Scene 4 - Downtown

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire scrunches her nose and ignores her father. She heads quietly into her room, opens the bottom drawer and pulls out a small-ish cloth wallet from the back corner before heading back out to where Ivan is waiting.
"If nothing matters, there's nothing to save." - Jonathan Safran Foer

"...his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Is good? Let go, then. Drunk papa remind me too much of Soviet Russia."

Ivan heads back to the Rover, and unless anything prevents him (bag lady with a holy avenger, dog turns crinos, another wave of police cruisers, etc.), he will leave the area and go back to the downtown area.

"Ivan is hunger again. You want hit Denny's?"
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Claire:

The familiar sensation is stronger in your room. You snag your wallet. A quick check shows everything that should be there is. As you head out, dad notices you.

He bellows "Claire, you can't leave. There are things there. You aren't." then he turns and looks at you. He gets a thousand yard stare and whispers, "My god...you're...you're..." and collapses crying. Not boo-hoo sniffling, More of a 'My neighbor set my cat on fire and it died' crying of a small child.

The dog growled from the doorway when he yelled, but quieted when he started crying again.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan:

Baglady Barbie is moving down the street towards the house, but not up to the house. All pretense is gone, she is looking at you with venom and hate. She notices the dog, squints at it, you feel something but it's faint, then hurries away.

[2 successes, you noticed she stopped a moment to get your vehicles plates]

You hear drunken yelling, then it drops to mumbles and crying. The dog barked, quieted. It looks expectantly in the door.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire takes two steps closer to him and hisses at him "You will NEVER touch me again, and if you try to find me again I will kill you." She then leaves, not looking back and goes around the house to Ivan's vehicle. She slips into the truck and nods, "Denny's would be awesome."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan doesn't like bag people giving him attitude in his newly adopted city.

"Claire, you know baglady there? She around here normal? Maybe you call poh-lice on her, eh? You come home from being false arrest, there strange baglady here going through trash."

"Maybe she undercover police baglady?"

As he drives away from the neighborhood, he asks "Anyway, what happen in police station? Ivan leave early, when everybody not looking. What was big distraction going on? Everybody was running and looking except Ivan."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire stares out the passenger window and shakes her head. "Never seen any bag ladies here, ever. No homeless really. That's more a couple blocks over." She makes a vague motion to the right with a hand. "I'm not talking to the pigs again today, thank you. A lawyer came in...who was...strange. Then the crap happened next door and there was another girl, older then me, from that homeless shelter. She did something to the little girl. Was accusing you of doing something to the kids too." She glances at him and quirks a brow, a faint smile on her lips. "Then I left."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan and Claire:

In your mirror, you can see baglady's lips are moving you can see, she's repeating the letter/number combination of your plates.

Drunken wailing becomes screaming, loud enough to be heard in the vehicle, also through the open door of the house, as you start to drive off it goes shrill, it seems to pierce through to both of you in it's intensity and pitch.

Driving off is uneventful, Denny's has a handful of tables with emo kids, a few scene girls hanging on trying too hard, a few truckers, one asian man sitting in a corner watching everyone.

Beuhla the Waitress approaches, "HowmanyandwhatkinIgetforya'll?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan looks around the place, and chooses a booth by a corner window, where he can see out of the place towards his parked Range Rover.

He once again makes a point of putting his gun in the trunk, so it's not on his person while he's in Denny's. He has a feeling that the cops will be roaring up with lights flashing again.

"Ivan have coffee. But leave pot. I drink fast; need more quick muchly." He opens a menu and flips through it quickly. "Also, have Denver omletto with hash brownies? Is how you say? Cut up potatoes, da?"
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire slides into the booth and looks briefly at the menu. "Can I have an apple juice, 2 eggs, scrambled, with bacon, hashbrowns, and rye toast please."

After the waitress leaves she glances at Ivan and says softly, "Thanks."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"So... Claire telling me please, what is happen in police office? Is very strange things happen in this town."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire shrugs and fiddles slightly with her cutlery. "I'm not sure what happened. A fancy pants lawyer came to talk to me, mostly asking about you. Dunno what happened with the chick and little girl next door, she tried to do...something to her I think. She did accuse you of messing with the little girl at the home I think." She stops fiddling and looks over at Ivan, "They seem to think you're responsible for everything that brought us in there."

-Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”