The Mahdoubt's Gown

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

"Covenant wondered if he would ever hear the Giant laugh again.

Sourly, he reached a hand up to get his staff from Dura's saddle, and noticed for the first time what Morinmoss had done to his white robe. It was spattered and latticed with dark green stains - the markings of the moss.

The stains offended him. With a scowl, he looked around the company. The other riders must have been more adept at dodging; they showed none of the green signature of the moss. Lord Mhoram was the only exception; each shoulder of his robe bore a dark stripe like an insignia."

LFB, right where Covenant mentions the marks on himself.
A role-player, beware
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Thank you. So...the Land itself is marking them as uniquely special and/or hinting at their destinies.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Thank you. So...the Land itself is marking them as uniquely special and/or hinting at their destinies.
Heh...exactly what I would have responded.

If we want to probably over-interpret, it might even matter that Covenant is "marked" one way...but LM...insignia is something more particular than simple marking, though part of the same system.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

You're very welcome :) Actually, I have to thank you and the other people in this thread, and much - I intended to link or quote a piece of a song parody to this, wayfriend gave a good sample :) Only to find out that apparently I failed to post that one to start with, probably due to thinking that I've done it :lol: So much for good memory and keeping in mind a single a line from LFB nobody remembered :biggrin: So very large thanks to everyone here again, now it's going to its rightful place kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=939746#939746 I can repost it here if that's more convenient :)

The reason this reminded me of that song - I had such a thought on this - if the reasons are similar, perhaps the fact that Mhoram received the marks can help to understand the other two better. And it's not just that the person is important or special, Foamy was with TC and Mhoram then.

It might be related to the Wild magic, Mhoram did have more understanding about it than even TC himself then. And this might be pretty much the same thing in the essence - the connection that feels best for me is that all of them find the ability to stand in the eye of the paradox, to find the hope in contradiction.
Vraith wrote:Maybe it becomes more/explicit in Last Dark...but I'm semi-content with the interp. I came to, that it is the visible marks of the Land paralleling the internal/psycho-spiritual marks of the Land on the outsiders.
Spoiler
The mated opposite of Linden's "mark" on the Staff/earthpower.
Not sure that's spoiler. Did it in case.[/color]
Just in case, about this under a spoiler as well.
Spoiler
It actually can count as "the mated opposite of Linden's "mark" on the Staff/earthpower" you suggest - that is the sign of the Law, this is a sign given for the paradoxes - perhaps for the Wild Magic that's not within the rules.
A role-player, beware

Return to “Fatal Revenant”