Read Jay's Lips : *No* Last Chronicles Spoilers

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

WB MM!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Spoiler
In the beginning of Runes, Jay gets broken in half!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

As Jay said, please don't post any spoilers if you can help it.

Any outright spoilers will be moved to the appropriate forum or possibly deleted. Things which I don't think are really spoilers but may be somewhat spoiler-ish will get spoiler tags.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Any outright spoilers will be moved to the appropriate forum or possibly deleted. Things which I don't think are really spoilers but may be somewhat spoiler-ish will get spoiler tags.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Jay and Syl, considering the amount of FR spoilers (minor as they are) that have managed to seep through despite your best and our best to police the situation, I'm just thinking that once The Last Dark comes around, you guys are REALLY going to have to lay down the law. Man, if the ending of The Last Dark is ever prematurely revealed here...

I dunno. Declare martial law or something.

Yeah, I know that's 5 years away, but it's something to think about. :P
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a separate forum for the final book/s that can be merged with this forum.

In addition, new registrations will need to include a message to the effect that revealing spoilers will be punishable b death :)

Oh who am I kidding. Spoilers will probably happen and there may not be much we can do about it. Or maybe in 5 years time, the forum software will be extremely smart and be able to purge spoilers :)
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, we'll have some time to think about it. Overall, I don't think it's been too bad. I've had more spoiled simply by being careless when browsing the FR forum topic titles and reading Wikipedia (really stupid mistake).

-jay
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Although it isn't the best solution, I just didn't read the Watch starting a few days before the release until I'd finished the book.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

matrixman wrote:People are probably farting FR spoilers because the book is such a rich meal, it's giving them gas.

Go get 'em, Jay. (And make sure you have Lysol air freshener with you to combat said gaseous offenses.)
LOL!!! yeah i had a little piece of FR slip through my blinders, thankfully something i had already suspected myself. i can feel it..almost time to read FR........
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

If people think martial law is needed for the release of The Last Dark, you can always get me to do it. :P I'm quite happy to implement zero tolerance policies. :biggrin:
Valion
Servant of the Land

Post by Valion »

Relayer, you DID hit on the best solution. Anyone who has the book in their hands and stops reading it to come here, deserves to have things spoiled. READ THE BOOK! DON'T STOP!

:wink:
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Valion wrote:Relayer, you DID hit on the best solution. Anyone who has the book in their hands and stops reading it to come here, deserves to have things spoiled. READ THE BOOK! DON'T STOP!

Wise words (well ... except maybe the "deserves" part ... too harsh for me). That is certainly the approach that I will be taking. I will also not read email or answer the phone. And I probably won't talk to anyone. I may not even pay my bills. :biggrin:
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

AjK wrote:
Valion wrote:Relayer, you DID hit on the best solution. Anyone who has the book in their hands and stops reading it to come here, deserves to have things spoiled. READ THE BOOK! DON'T STOP!

Wise words (well ... except maybe the "deserves" part ... too harsh for me). That is certainly the approach that I will be taking. I will also not read email or answer the phone. And I probably won't talk to anyone. I may not even pay my bills. :biggrin:
And if we go ahead and pay your bills for you, are you going to get angry and fall in the middle of the road for no actual reason? :D
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:
AjK wrote:

And if we go ahead and pay your bills for you, are you going to get angry and fall in the middle of the road for no actual reason? :D
Just so long as he doesn't try to re-affirm his humanity and pay his bill in person ;)
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I guess the spoiler thing would have to be a real pain in the ass but myself, I can't imagine doing/reading/thinking anything else but reading a new SDR book from the moment I got my hands on it and untill I had reached the very last page - and thus, no spoiler will ever touch me!
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Will the last Chrons forum's [or whatever they are called] be joined into this one when the final book of the series has been published. If so what will the new forum be called? - The First, Second and Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant? Just the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant? The Complete Chronicles of Thomas Covenant? Are plans underway as to how we on the Watch should mark this [what must be momentous or we wouldn't be here] occasion - surely something of an online celebration [perhaps a mass meeting in 'ChatBane' or somesuch] should be organised, or a new 'HomePage' or somesutch! [Idle speculations Guys - just a sign of my mounting exitement at the final and long awaited approach of the glorious 17th! ;) ]
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

There have been no discussions on this. I would favor keeping The Last Chronciles separate from 1st and 2nd Chronicles.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”