Where are you buying The Last Dark from?

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Amazon, for $21 and free shipping. They're saying it will be delivered tomorrow.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Pre-ordered Audio from Audible.com yesterday when it finally got put up.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

avdrdr
Servant of the Land

Post by avdrdr »

Amazon

It shipped from Seattle a couple hours ago. :wink:

9 years went by faster than I thought it would. :D
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Billy G. wrote:Amazon, for $21 and free shipping. They're saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

I imagine they threw it on a truck this morning. It was only 281 miles away. Hopefully I'll have it by noon. :D
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Local bookstore - not sure when that will be!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

StevieG, are you sure you have that unbelievable patience? :) This is my usual mode of buying books, but this time... Kindle pre-order, it received the book sometime around 4 at night (my local time) I guess, managed to flick through a few pages to make sure it was really there before going to work in the morning :biggrin:
A role-player, beware
Blasius
Servant of the Land

Post by Blasius »

Tried three different independent bookstores yesterday/today -- none of them were even remotely close to stocking it... (e.g., no Donaldson books of any kind, the largest one had just three shelves of combined science fiction and fantasy, and paperback only... ). :(

Lots of art books, critical theory, etc. Looks like they're specializing to be different, and floor space in Manhattan is too expensive. So I just ordered from Amazon; getting it Thurs.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I did finally get it this morning at the local Barnes & Noble. They didn't want to give it to me because they're evil, but I wrest it from their sinister clutches!

Seriously, worse service ever.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Effaeldm wrote:StevieG, are you sure you have that unbelievable patience? :) This is my usual mode of buying books, but this time... Kindle pre-order, it received the book sometime around 4 at night (my local time) I guess, managed to flick through a few pages to make sure it was really there before going to work in the morning :biggrin:
Heh - my grand reread was a little mistimed! I'm half way through the One Tree 8O Have to decide whether to skip to TLD or continue and be six months behind everyone.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Orlion wrote:I did finally get it this morning at the local Barnes & Noble. They didn't want to give it to me because they're evil, but I wrest it from their sinister clutches!

Seriously, worse service ever.
Wow, at my local B&N they are usually nice. They only try to sell me their discount membership once or twice per visit. :P

I have learned to avoid them like the plague though, from November 1 through the first week of every January. Once I went in there in mid-December and there had to have been 200 people queued up for checkout. 200!!!

8O
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Did yours arrive as expected, Billy G?
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Yep, received it after 4 PM on the 15th. I am happily on about p. 180 right now. :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Got it today at Waterstones, from their new release shelf. £4 off (pretty common deal on new HCs in Waterstones), but the cover price has been increased for this one - it's £20, while all three previous were £18.99.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm Murrin wrote:Got it today at Waterstones, from their new release shelf. £4 off (pretty common deal on new HCs in Waterstones), but the cover price has been increased for this one - it's £20, while all three previous were £18.99.
Wow - considering the exchange rate, you're paying much more than we are in the US.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

dlbpharmd wrote:
I'm Murrin wrote:Got it today at Waterstones, from their new release shelf. £4 off (pretty common deal on new HCs in Waterstones), but the cover price has been increased for this one - it's £20, while all three previous were £18.99.
Wow - considering the exchange rate, you're paying much more than we are in the US.
For the Audiobook, I pay $14.95 a month at Audible and get a Credit every month, and it's one credit per Audiobook, so, I paid $14.95
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

sindatur wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:
For the Audiobook, I pay $14.95 a month at Audible and get a Credit every month, and it's one credit per Audiobook, so, I paid $14.95
I did the same - my wife and I both listen to audiobooks on our commutes so it's not a bad deal at all.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

dlbpharmd wrote:
sindatur wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote: Wow - considering the exchange rate, you're paying much more than we are in the US.
I did the same - my wife and I both listen to audiobooks on our commutes so it's not a bad deal at all.
Exactly what I do

Rau Le Creuset
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rau Le Creuset »

mine appeared in the mailbox today. I are so happy
"I am He, that arrogant fool who thought he could thwart death itself with his money."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Bought it at Hastings last Friday for 35 bucks 8O 8O 8O !!!! Most I've EVER paid for a book, and I doubt I'll ever pay that much again in this lifespan.
fall far and well Pilots!
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Pre-ordered from Amazon.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”