Audio version of Fatal Revenant

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

I can't wait to check it out. Well, I might have to wait till tonight after work :)

I couldn't listen to the series read by the woman... it just grated on me too much. I've heard parts of it by the guy but never went all the way thru it.

Go Scott!!
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

If you've never heard one of Scott's reads, you're in for a treat.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

I just listened to a few minutes of his read for LFB -- sounds like he has a good voice and inflection. damn! I may have to download that one.
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Post by Audio Covenant »

Relayer wrote:Scott, if you ever happen to visit the Watch, :yourock:
Wow. I guess I can chalk this up to being new to message boards, never having been a member of one before. When I first came on here to announce the audiobooks, I was wondering, "Where should I post?" Then I got permission to post the news just about anywhere I wanted, but still, I was thinking, "Where could I reach the people who want the audio versions, where can I reach those people specifically?" So I searched around and TOTALLY MISSED this string...!

Heh. Well, color me embarrassed. But color me honored to read so many nice comments about me, and I'm floored that people have been writing about this since September.

We're getting closer, day by day. My girlfriend is proofing the recordings as we speak, er, type, listening and reading at the same time to make sure it's word for word what SRD wrote. Then I'll break it all down into chapters and we'll be good to go on May 1st. Thanks so much for your patience, everybody, I really hope you enjoy them. If so, I hope you'll leave a comment on the website. My hope is to reach as many non-SRD fans as possible and spread the word. We'll convert the masses yet...!

Thanks again,

Scott Brick
Are you a storyteller, Thomas Covenant?

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Thanks Scott. We're pretty good about posting stuff here so people know what's up. Anything SRD puts on his News page from SRD.com will get posted somewhere.

No worries about missing this thread; when I first joined the Watch it took ages to surf through all the different forums.

And, thanks for your committment to getting this project going! I know from what SRD has posted you've had some challenges w/ publishers.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Baron Ken
Servant of the Land

Post by Baron Ken »

Is this ever going to make it to Audible?

I have the other 3 in the series on Audible and want to listen to Fatal Revenant before listening to the last 2.

Thanks.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Baron Ken wrote:Is this ever going to make it to Audible?

I have the other 3 in the series on Audible and want to listen to Fatal Revenant before listening to the last 2.

Thanks.
Check out this link for Scott Brick's version.

brickbybrickaudiobooks.com/item/fatal_revenant
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I just wish he would redo AATE. Can't stand that other version.
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Post by Audio Covenant »

Baron Ken wrote:Is this ever going to make it to Audible?

Thanks.

There are no plans to put them up on Audible, no. Right now they're only available on my website. Thanks dlbpharmd for putting up the link! And Lorin, as for redoing Against All Things Ending, nothing would give me greater joy, but it's illegal for me to do so. I'll have to wait until the contract expires (8-10 years?) and hope to do so then.

Thanks for listening everybody! Hope to see you all at Elohimfest!

Best,

Scott Brick
Are you a storyteller, Thomas Covenant?

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
Baron Ken
Servant of the Land

Post by Baron Ken »

dlbpharmd wrote:Check out this link for Scott Brick's version.

brickbybrickaudiobooks.com/item/fatal_revenant
Thanks. As far as I can tell, Scott's version is the only version. :wink:

Even were I willing to pay 3(+) times the cost of an Audible credit to get the mp3s(?), I would still lose the ease of use and accessibility from using the Audible app. I have many Audible books read by Scott and was hoping to see Fatal Revenant make it there as well.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Thanks. As far as I can tell, Scott's version is the only version.
Unfortunately there is one book with a different reader. He did AATE. I am hoping/waiting for Scott's version in 8 - 10 years if I am still alive. 8O

Why do you need the Audible app to listen to the books? You can put it right onto your computer? I did and listen to it on my Sonos or Ipod.
Baron Ken
Servant of the Land

Post by Baron Ken »

lorin wrote:Unfortunately there is one book with a different reader. He did AATE. I am hoping/waiting for Scott's version in 8 - 10 years if I am still alive. 8O
Yea, I have the 3 that are available on Audible. I haven't listened to the last 2 yet, but I knew AATE was a different narrator.
Why do you need the Audible app to listen to the books? You can put it right onto your computer? I did and listen to it on my Sonos or Ipod.
I don't need the Audible app. It is wanted/desired. :)
I could import the audiobook into iTunes, sync my iPhone, upload it and play it in iTunes on the phone, but the Audible app let's me easily select books from my library for download directly to the app and has a nice rewind feature that I use often since I listen while commuting. I can also sync and upload the audiobook to the Audible app, so at least I would get some of the benefits of the app. Since Scott has no plans to distribute through Audible, it appears that if I want to listen to FR, I will have to use that last method.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”