How epic will Sanderson's Cosmere storyline turn out?

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Mighara Sovmadhi
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Near where Broken Social Scene is gonna play on October 15th, 2010

How epic will Sanderson's Cosmere storyline turn out?

Post by Mighara Sovmadhi »

Given the guy's insane talent and vision, I'm wondering if what we're gonna get is the biggest thing in fantasy yet. Supposing the whole scheme involves Hoyd(sp.?) doing something about all the Shards of Adonalsium, with the myriads of worlds with myriads of magic systems connected thereby, and the scope of e.g. the Mistborn saga alone, I feel like the outcome of this mythology just has to be super-freakin' awesome. I mean look at how he finished off Jordan's tapestry of story arcs! I am shocked with the glory of it right now (I'm on the chapter "The Last Battle" in AMoL).
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

The good thing about the Cosmere is that it can at least be better than The Dark Tower series... since Sanderson would have had this idea in mind during any book he wanted set in the Cosmere universe.

I believe Hoid's purpose, however, will be carried through in the Stormlight Archives (which I just started).

The main issue is going to be that we will have to wait...sooo looong. The major Cosmere series won't come out until after the Stormlight Archives are finished...we have two books down and eight more to go...nevermind he'll have projects in between including but not limited to: a sequel to Elantris, a couple more Mistborn Adventure books, the Second Mistborn Trilogy, and playing in Magic: The Gathering tournaments.

Another issue will be coming up with a conflict that can encompass and surpass the ones in the current series he has written...which may be difficult if the main plot of the Stormlight Archives is what I think it is.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”