ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Damelon wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:
dlbpharmd wrote:Do we have an updated list of attendees somewhere?
Scrolled through the thread, and this is (as best I can tell) a list of attendees. Post if I've missed anyone.

Danlo
Lady Tam
Aliantha
dlb
Iolanthe
Lorin
Wayfriend
Creator
Lucimay
SD
Menolly
Dam-sel
Rdhopeca
Sarge
Mrs. Null
Ussusimiel
Duke
Me too. :)
Great!

Updated list:

Danlo
Lady Tam
Aliantha
dlb
Iolanthe
Lorin
Wayfriend
Creator
Lucimay
SD
Menolly
Dam-sel
Rdhopeca
Sarge
Mrs. Null
Ussusimiel
Duke
Damelon
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm actually still planning on going, although technically it is in a "maybe" state as I have booked nothing yet, and Bossk and I have not made arrangements. I see several I'd really like to meet for the first time, and some I'd like to hang out with again. I'll be calling Bossk on his birfday on the 30th, so I suspect we'll be making arrangements soon. If he doesn't go, it is likely I won't go, or may camp.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

You're expected to show up, Cag. Just so we're clear.

I can recommend danlo's backyard as an accommodation. :D

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Ok, I am definitely coming to Elohimfest. I've just booked my return flights from Melbourne -- LA. 19th June-7th July. In typical fashion I missed the cheap flights by just a couple of days, but I'm now committed. I now need to put through my leave from work! ;)
bungleman
Servant of the Land

Post by bungleman »

Screw it, I don't care about my pay cut, I'll be there. I'll likely have my ex-wife with me. "Do something they don't expect."
"Do something they don't expect."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

See? I told you you'd change your outlook in a little while. :wink:
bungleman
Servant of the Land

Post by bungleman »

Well, unfortunately I'm one of the cheapest people on earth. That's compounded when I know cash is going to be really tight. But this will, for me, be a once in a lifetime thing, so I suppose I should listen to others and actually live for once. :)
"Do something they don't expect."
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Well. I've secured two weeks off around that particular weekend. Will miss juhannus, but then again, I'm intrigued about the prospect of visiting America. Is there someone with whom I can discuss the dromondful of practical questions from survival without a driver's license to accommodation to sightseeing? I'm visiting a travel agency sometime next week to see if I could get an easier solution (I usually self-book everything, but America's terra incognita... :?).
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart wrote:Well. I've secured two weeks off around that particular weekend. Will miss juhannus, but then again, I'm intrigued about the prospect of visiting America. Is there someone with whom I can discuss the dromondful of practical questions from survival without a driver's license to accommodation to sightseeing? I'm visiting a travel agency sometime next week to see if I could get an easier solution (I usually self-book everything, but America's terra incognita... :?).
Great news.

I think that from June 20 to 23, you will have an easy time of it getting around in Albequerque. Everyone is there, we'll be doing trip[s] together, and you can get a cab for the odd anything else, but just exchange phone numbers with anyone else and we'll get you around. Just get a hotel at the Airport and you'll be around most other folks, and near the dinner location as well. That part will be easy.

Outside of that I don't know. Depends where you're going, who you're with, and when you're doing it. If you don't want to drive I suggest a tour group, which usually gets around by a group bus. But the US is big I'm not sure how much you want to be in only one place in it.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

:lol: The continuance's still all open (before and after fest), obviously I'll spare a few days for jetlag recovery. I'm traveling alone. Likely will fly off to some other city after Albequerque; the terrible heat's going to restrict outdoor adventures (Which is...well. I just did hillwalking up in the Cuillin and Trotternish in sideways-flying rain and sleet for hours on end, but when it goes past +25C...:? Argh. When roaming around Northern Europe, I'm used to hopping into the nearest public transportation and coning the landscapes with a compass/gps and a terrain map. Quite sure this wouldn't work in the States... I rarely have taken tours, unless it's Newgrange or Maeshowe or something where it'd be difficult to travel elsewise like the central highlands of Iceland.)
However, if there's one thing I'd be interested in seeing, it's Native American culture or sites. I'm all for indoors entertainment like art galleries as well (as long as it's not modern...XD).

I'm going to try to pester some of my friends and workmates who have been across the great divide for further ideas. :lol:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yay, Frostheart's coming! :D

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Indeed, quite stellar news!
:bwave:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

FH: If you're in a city, you'll be all set for public transportation. If you want to see the great outdoors, ... well, I think your screwed if you're not with a tour. But this is what your travel agent is paid for, to explain this stuff.

At that time of year, the best place to go in the US is ... Hawaii. Just like every other time of the year. But that's me. Get a hotel by the beach ... where else do you need to go? :wink:

If your stopping at Boston ... let me know.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

If Native American culture is Frosty's area of interest, New Mexico (where Elohimfest is held) and the Pacific Northwest (where Menolly, Dam-sel and I live) both have many sites, both historic and current.

Weather here will be much more to her liking too. Hawaii in the summer (anytime really) would be warmer than she cares for. Boston too.

Just saying...
Last edited by Savor Dam on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Updated list:

Danlo
Lady Tam
Aliantha
dlb
Iolanthe
Lorin
Wayfriend
Creator
Lucimay
SD
Menolly
Dam-sel
Rdhopeca
Sarge
Mrs. Null
Ussusimiel
Duke
Damelon
Frostheart
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I hope you guys know lurch is coming, he's helping big time! I talked to Debbie--the Guest Room link apparatus was on the fritz--straightening it out today-she's been working on it for 3 days--had meetings all day Wed and a trade fair today--the link will definitely be up by Monday, sorry for the wait...you can call the 1800 #:866-716-8134 this weekend and mention Elohimfest and reserve your room @ the Sheraton.

SRD emailed me back Weds--he's raring to go!
Last edited by danlo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

:thumbsup:
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, well. I've made a crazy but important decision. I've been talking about moving to Albequerque for quite some time now and I've been unhappy and frustrated here in Omaha so here's the deal. I gave notice at work and I'm going for it. I am working for three more weeks at my job and then taking some time off and going to Alb to look for places and jobs in early May. If all goes well I should be a resident by the end of May. I can be counted in for E-Fest... :biggrin:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

okay danlo..that is what I was looking for..I'll have a room by this weekend..Hopefully time will slow down for us all and we all will get know each other. I am so looking forward to this.

jenn..Whhhaaat!!?...WOW!.. 8O
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Family's important, Jenn.
I believe this is the best decision for you.
|G

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”