ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I guess I am a bit over anxious. I got to the airport waaaaaaaaay too early. But it was JFK and the flight was at rush hour so I didn't want to stress out. So here I am 2 hours early, the hot spot is sporadic. Wont get in until midnight but at least it is a direct flight.

Can't tell you how excited I am. Such a rough year, this is like dessert after having to eat the brussel sprouts. (though I love brussel sprouts actually)

The Jet Blue hub at JFK is actually very nice, surprisingly. Of course I made a little scene with the TSA. I went through with all my techie stuff and the idiot at the screen never even put his eyes to look at what I had. scary to me. So of course I found the supervisor and made a complaint. The TSA in NYC are such low lives. Leave it to me to stir stuff up.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Work is done. I'm going to head out and get food for the dog and the cats this evening for their boarding. Also dropping off a graduation card for a party I'm going to miss this weekend.

Tomorrow it's get the guys boarded in the am and head down to the train station at noon for the 3pm Amtrak tomorrow out of Chicago.

Either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll pack. ;)
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

This is so cool to see and hear of the wheels turning all at different speeds to get folks at the same place at the same time. Hopefully the lack of voices from the distant travelers indicates all is moving along.

Things in preparation began for me awhile back but lax time is just about gone. Tonite begins the march step . The plan is ..Friday morning to grab and go. See ya soon!
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'm officially sprung from the job until Monday the 30th! Whoo hoo!

I get to catch the Metro bus here outside the apartment at 5:30am-ish Thursday, ride the Blue line two stops to Rosslyn, and then get on the 5A bus toward Dulles. The things I do to avoid dropping $30 on a one-way SuperShuttle ride (or $10/day to park the car in a lot at the airport for 8 days :faint: ).

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Quick update: I'm in Arizona. Phones will hopefully work again in bigger cities. Have had quite an adventure with more missed flights, luggage sent ahead of me, sleeping in a crowded airport lobby etc. Saw grand canyon today and heading to ALB tomorrow with the original grayhound scedule. Bed now.
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

So I finally decided yesterday that I am going to come. Only problem is, I can't get off work this week, and I work the 3pm to 11pm shift. So, I am going to leave at 11:18 pm on Friday and drive 14 hours to NM. :O

I am already in trouble at work with absenteeism, so I can't just skip work. But I really want to meet Stephen R. Donaldson. I think it will totally be worth it.

I haven't been keeping up with the forum, mostly out of bitterness at not being able to go, so I don't know all the details. But I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and meeting SRD. :)
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Shuram Gudatetris wrote:So I finally decided yesterday that I am going to come. Only problem is, I can't get off work this week, and I work the 3pm to 11pm shift. So, I am going to leave at 11:18 pm on Friday and drive 14 hours to NM. :O

I am already in trouble at work with absenteeism, so I can't just skip work. But I really want to meet Stephen R. Donaldson. I think it will totally be worth it.

I haven't been keeping up with the forum, mostly out of bitterness at not being able to go, so I don't know all the details. But I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and meeting SRD. :)
That's pretty awesome driving 14 hours. I will keep the coffee hot for you.

BTW - ARRIVED!!!!!!! In my suite, all is lovely. I think my roommates will like it here. I bumped my head on the car trunk and will probably have a bruise above my eye tomorrow. 8O My only real worry is the ultra luxurious suck you butt bed. Has my back a bit worried.

The weather is gorgeous. Cool and crisp night air. I have a really nice rental, very jazzy. So all is good. Hope some of you can join me tomorrow evening to celebrate my 59th annual 1st birthday.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Have fun everyone! Wish I could be there too.

Make sure you take and post heaps of photos.

PS. Drive safe Shuram.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY lorin!!!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yay Shuram!

Yay Frostheart!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Menolly and I are here, and she tells me she ran into lorin over coffee this morning.

Will be picking up Iolanthe at the airport this afternoon and Frosty at the bus terminal this evening.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Eek they're forming their own ur-vile wedge! We best secure the house!!!
fall far and well Pilots!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

danlo wrote:Eek they're forming their own ur-vile wedge! We best secure the house!!!

and I am the loremaster:whip:
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Creator wrote:Lucimay and I (and Harry) will be staying at the Residence Inn by Marriot at the Airport. It was the best Pet Friendly hotel / rate we could find!

We arrive Thursday night. See you all on Friday!!
Change in plans ... we will be at the La Quinta Airport. It's .3 miles closer to the Sheraton - only 1/2 mile to stagger to our hotel if we can't drive! :cheers: It's also cheaper and no charge for pets! wooo hooo!!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Woohoo! Psyched!
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

The train that was supposed to leave at 3 o'clock didn't leave until 5:30. It's lost a half-hour of time since then. Per the schedule, the train should be in Central Missouri, however it still hasn't crossed the Mississippi yet. We'll see tomorrow. I think they build some make up time into the schedule in Kansas. :)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

And so it begins... Had a lovely dinner with Lorin, Danlo, Lady Tam, Grace, Ussussussudioemiel (think bad Phil Collins song) Iolanthe, Menolly and SD. Lorin has been officially commandeered for tomorrow for general errand running and house prep. Lorin also got a chance to ride in Jeep Vader. I think she's ready to get one of her own... :wink: All in all a lovely evening. It was also good for Lord Foul's Chihuahua to meet some of his fan club. He was pretty excited and instead of asking people to throw his bunny toy he ended up just making rounds in circles with his bunny in his mouth. He's a silly creature. I am so excited for tomorrow. I can't wait to see how happy he is to see his Lucimay again. For tomorrow's arrivals, don't forget it's prep night for the bbq on Friday and our one chance to hang with the amazing man, Mr Bob Vardeman aka Karl Lassiter. Festivities officially start at 7 but you are welcome earlier if you want. Call and give us a heads up or if you need directions etc. My number is 415-297-9952.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cameraman Jenn wrote: Lorin also got a chance to ride in Jeep Vader. I think she's ready to get one of her own... :wink:
I definitely want one, along with the knee replacement I will need if I have to get in there more than a few times. I needed a frigging crane to be hoisted up (along with an oxygen mask for altitude)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:P LMAO
fall far and well Pilots!
jonnyredleader
<i>Elohim</i>

I'm coming too, save me a space!

Post by jonnyredleader »

I'll be coming too :D

I'll be landing on Friday at 18:15 and staying at the Sheraton until Tuesday morning.

Look forward to seeing you all again
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Updated list:

Confirmed:
1. Danlo
2. Lady Tam
3. Aliantha
4. dlb
5. Iolanthe
6. Lorin