new editor for SRD...

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

new editor for SRD...

Post by aliantha »

As you may or may not know, this year's World Fantasy Convention is being held in DC, about ten minutes from my house. Batty and MagickMarker both volunteered to be part of the crew. Unlike with anime conventions they've volunteered at, however, where they have only staffed the con, for WFC they're helping with the planning, too.

Among the features of this year's convention will be a thumb drive containing short stories contributed by a ton of authors. My understanding is that the thumb drive will be handed out to all attendees with the big book bag at registration.

The guy in charge of the project has farmed out the contributed stories to several committee members, to have them formatted for uniformity and so on. Batty's batch of 20 or so stories includes SRD's. :lol: She's also got one by some guy named Neil Gaiman, but I know nobody here cares about him. ;)

Don't get too excited -- the authors weren't required to write a new story for the project. ;) I think Batty said that SRD contributed "The Kings of Tarshish Shall Bring Gifts".

Anyway, I thought I'd let y'all know that Batty is SRD's newest editor. :lol:

(I contributed a story to the project, too. So I'll be able to say that I'm in an anthology with SRD and Gaiman. :mrgreen: )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That is awesome.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”