The Problem With My Favorite SRD Series....

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

The Problem With My Favorite SRD Series....

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I am sure a lot of people say this, but I want to say it myself.

The problem with SRD books/series, is that my favorite series is always the last one I read.

I re-read MN, and said, well this is definitely my favorite.

I finished TLD, and said, no Covenant is definitely my favorite.

Finishing a Gap re-read now, and, what do you know, Gap is definitely my favorite.

All I know is SRD is is my favorite author. He is the master word-smith of the universe.
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

:lol:

I go back and forth between the Chrons and Mordant's Need, but usually the Chrons win.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

excuse me..I'm still laffing about your avatar , gud. Anyway..You hit on something that relates to his mastery of the craft, his skill. That his work does pull you in,,and holds you..no matter which story of his you may be reading ,,says a a lot. He says he writes with his ear..insert joke here.. but seriously , for me that may be why I so easily get into his work , no matter the title or series. His work flows,,even as he teases,,there is meter with accents soft and hard when he really lets the gates open; Lyrical, you bet. So ,,he could write a tech manual for the maintenance and care of the Rhomboid Diasperator and people would buy one just so they could read his work...

So,,by that mastery of the craft, he eliminates a..interference barrier. There is less friction when the words run smoothly to each other..Maybe thats the line..Donaldson's words run to each other and we just let them carry us along in their travels.

I have a difficult time saying which of his I like best..the best I can say is..at this moment I like ...the best. I've really liked them all,,each being the best at one time or another.

..but TLD is blowing me away like no other, right now.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”