What's next? TLD is out.

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

It's always good news to know that there's another original work on the way. (Better get to TLD soon :P )
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Ananda wrote: The fight scene getting into the Earn$hazz Confederation's fortress is amazing, too. Love how SRD turns it all around and the Vamp Clan has to team up with the Earn$hazz Confederation to battle the invading army of Gloambots of the Unhermeneuticalariverse.
GIGANTIC SPOILER:
Spoiler
I heard from a reliable source that a THIRD force shall intervene! An elite force of 10-foot half-weredirewolf half-vampire tanned Amazons in battle bikinis will arrive with a fleet of luxury yachts from the mysterious confines of Greek islands and land by the fortress in the very heat of the clash. What will the sexy Scottish, kilt-wearing vampires of Earn$hazz do now????
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'm saving up for the illustrated edition.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

SkurjMaster
<i>Elohim</i>

What's next for SRD?

Post by SkurjMaster »

I would like to see him revisit Angus Thermopyle. Now that he is super human, SRD could do some interesting things with his character.

I don't think that he could do more novels in the Land-verse without things getting ridiculous.

Or, he could follow Reave the Just into a full-blown series!

I am aching for some real magic, though. If SRD had had the Recluse idea instead of L E Modessit, that would have been phenomenal. It was pretty good as was by the original author.

But maybe he needs to go Stephen King and write a novel crossing over all of his best characters!

Finally, I know that I am not in the know like many of you, but is SRD currently ill? I have thought that I detected some hints as to his medical condition, but I know nothing firmly. Is the man sick with some dread condition? Also, just how old is SRD? His age shouldn't prevent him from writing, although is certainly could prevent him from finishing, if you know what I mean. Not trying to be insensitive. The world of literature would definitely be a less interesting place without him.

I am not sure which would be worse: never seeing another SRD publication or having some unfinished trilogy of which we have only one book. Not quite as bad as realizing that you through out a winning lottery ticket, but still bad.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”