Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Let's see if this works...

image hosting 15mb

image hosting over 10mb

image sharing sites

Much better. Thanks for showing me how to post pics Wayfriend!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Brinn, you look awesome ... but can you drink a beer in that thing?!?!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Hah! That was the first engineering priority I had!

Drinking a beer won't be a problem. The face mask lifts up and down with a nod of my head. It's electronically activated by a liquid switch in the helmet. I will need a long straw though as the arm flexion is limited.

Though the better question remains...How am I going to take a piss?!?! 8O
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That is so cool.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Brinn wrote:Hah! That was the first engineering priority I had!

Drinking a beer won't be a problem. The face mask lifts up and down with a nod of my head. It's electronically activated by a liquid switch in the helmet. I will need a long straw though as the arm flexion is limited.

Though the better question remains...How am I going to take a piss?!?! 8O
What does Iron Man do? Catheter, I am thinking ... :)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Uu, that's some spectacular work. Now, you should find a backdrop with some adequate explosions and soaring superheroes... ;)
Is it difficult to walk with that gear on in terms of material stiffness? I see the joints are left open, but from experience I've noticed it's rather hard to twist my forearms while wearing vambraces for instance.

We don't do the American-style Halloween here up to that extent. Neopagans celebrate Kekri/Köyri instead, etc.

Then there's a whole summer of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMM6vPw-XCA
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Frostheart Grueburn wrote:Uu, that's some spectacular work. Now, you should find a backdrop with some adequate explosions and soaring superheroes... ;)
Is it difficult to walk with that gear on in terms of material stiffness? I see the joints are left open, but from experience I've noticed it's rather hard to twist my forearms while wearing vambraces for instance.

We don't do the American-style Halloween here up to that extent. Neopagans celebrate Kekri/Köyri instead, etc.

Then there's a whole summer of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMM6vPw-XCA
Walking is fine. Arm and leg flexion is limited but not so much that it makes moving around difficult. Twisting forearms is fine as the forearm and gauntlet are separate and there is minimal friction between the two pieces.

I'll try to post a video with all the electronics working. The suit has a moving faceplate, working blink/fade eyes, speakers in the helmet which produce the sound of Jarvis saying "I am indeed uploaded and ready", a working chest unibeam that has three modes (steady, blast and flickering battle damaged) that are activated via a magnetic switch that is housed in my fingertip, and palm repulsors that are also motion activated and fire when I place my hand in an upright firing position and shut off when my arms are by my sides.
Last edited by Brinn on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That is amazing!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”