Metallica concert this summer

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Metallica concert this summer

Post by [Syl] »

It looks live Metallica has a new album coming out in a few months, and it's supposedly their heaviest album ever (if it's harder than Kill 'em All or Master of Puppets, then i'm drooling already). to coincide with that, it looks like they'll be touring. If they don't make it to Sicily on their European tour, though, I won't be too upset, because it looks like you'll have to put up with Linkin Park (the backstreet boys of nu metal, gag) if you want to see them. Somebody else new and big is signed up for the tour, but i forget who at the moment.

What I'm wondering is, who the heck is their bassist?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Just checked www.metallica.com . it looks like the other band is limp bizkit (even more reason to be glad i probably won't see this concert). also appearing will be deftones (decent) and mudvayne (eh). nowhere on the site, however, can i find any mention of who is playing bass now. *shrug*

Feb 5, 2003
METALLICA, LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK COMMITTED to the SANITARIUM
In no particular order, here are the confirmed cities for Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 (slated to officially begin on July 4th). Specific dates to be confirmed later. Most of these shows will go on sale February 22nd. Stay tuned! Also appearing are the Deftones and Mudvayne.

Minneapolis
St. Louis
Orlando
Philadelphia
New York
Boston
Columbus
Montreal
Dallas
Houston
Seattle
Denver
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Detroit
Toronto
Washington /Baltimore
Chicago

Jan 27, 2003
Rock IM Park and Rock AM Ring confirmed, plus a new show for Berlin

June 6th - Nurnberg, GER
June 7th - Berlin, GER
June 8th - Nurburgring, GER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOUR DATES 2003

Date City, Country Venue
June 6 Nurnberg, GER Rock Im Park
June 7 Berlin, GER Wuhlheide
June 8 Nurburgring, GER Rock Am Ring
June 13 Imola, ITA Heineken Jammin' Festival
June 26 Roskilde, DEN Roskilde Festival
June 28 Werchter, BEL Werchter Rock Festival
Aug 21 Dublin, IRE TBA
Aug 22 Leeds, UK Leeds Festival
Aug 24 Reading, UK
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I kind of like Linkin Park and Mettallica...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hey, I like Linkin Park! In the End. *drools*
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

*shrug* a lot of people like Linkin Park. heh, to quote Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, "A lot of people like blood sausage. A lot of people are idiots."

kidding. it's just my opinion. they just might be the best nu-metal band out there, but that's damning faint praise from my perspective.

i didn't mind the stuff i heard on the radio when they first came out. didn't like it, but didn't hate it. then i heard some of their live stuff. ok, so a lot of bands aren't very good live. korn was atrocious live when they first came out... of course, now korn sounds better live but they're atrocious for different reasons... but i digress. then i saw a video of theirs when i was working at circuit city. they make goo goo eyes at the camera worse than n'sync or any of those ilk. the more i see, the more i'm convinced that they're a boy band with guitars... polished commercial crap. why does everybody have to sing about how screwed up their childhood was? personally, i'd rather not relive mine and instead hear more songs about drugs, sex, and death... preferably in that order.

*snoogins*
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Queens of the Stone Age - God Is In The Radio

I thought I saw him on the video
A trance is keeping him under
I know that god is in the radio
Checkin the station
I'm glad I caught it from me to you
Just a call in the medium
I know hear it, I hear it too
It's everywhere that I go

You come back another day
And do no wrong

The say the devil is paranoid
Always signin the cover
But god is leakin through the stereo
Between the station to station
You believe it, I know you do
You won't admit it or say so
I know that god is in the radio
Just repeating a slogan

You come back another day
And do no wrong
-George Steiner

Return to “Vespers”