Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm not real handy with computers, so maybe someone can help me. I'd like to use tha Gilden-Fire cover #1 for my avatar. I think it's a pretty decent representation of Fist & Faith. But it's too darned big! I tried it, but it just took up too much room. Is there a way to make it appear smaller when it shows up under my nick? To my knowledge, I don't have any software to do this. I was hoping some command in the Avatar control panel would do the trick.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

i don't think there's anything you can do with the avatar selection that will change the size. if you have mspaint (standard on most pcs) you can resize the picture with that by clicking on "images" then on "stretch and skew." for some reason i still couldn't get my avatar to load after that, so Vain was nice enough to take the image over email, resize it, and put it up.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner

Return to “General Discussion Forum”