TMOHD Chapter 17: Teresa Takes Action

Mordant's Need group reads

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dANdeLION, Cameraman Jenn

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

dANdeLION wrote:Actually, I'm quite tired of the "I hate Teresa, don't you?" question. It keeps getting asked over and over again, just like the inane sex questions about Teresa & Geraden. I do not consider these questions to be germane to this discussion (and definitely not this chapter), and I'm really, really close to deleting the lot of them. SRD has written quite a good 'fairy tale' here, and there's so much more going on; I'd really like to focus on some of the things that actually are relevant to this chapter.
surprisingly very well and soberly said ;) LOL <having bolded my fav part of the above eloquently astute declaration.

I do believe that Eremis believed himself to be the height of intellectual prowess .. LOL .. regardless of his big nose he seemed to weild significant charisma with the girlies .. Saddath did consider herself supremely crafty to have made her way into his bed ..

Eremis had charisma notwithstanding a very big nose ;) or even inspite of his big nose .. or maybe because of his big nose ;)

well take a look at Austin Powers - international man of mystery .. yeah mojo baby .. but Eremis was different right?

A master of manipulation .. a artisan of his gender perhaps :) but he knew how to push buttons and get what he wanted. He always came across as a man who was accustomed to having what he wanted ..

Terisa wasnt stupid .. she was inexperienced .. She was a girl who had not only had a kinda forced alienation imposed on her .. but a self-imposed alienation from the world too ..

Here was a mature male who approached her in a way she had never been approached before .. a man that seemed even to "see" her ..

Dont despise Terisa for surrendering to Eremis' smarmy approaches .. Teresa was still struggling with this reality .. and her own ..

and Mordants Need is a very interesting fairy tale indeed
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Sky wrote:a man that seemed even to "see" her ..
Extremely important point Sky! Even though he probably pretends to see her. Geraden and possibly the Tor are the only other persons, well male at least, who take Terisa at face value. Joyse and Havelock are too confusing, Qullion too mysterious. As we can see from the soldiers women are for the taking and not to be considered that seriously. Through Saddith, in general and Elega's opposition to status quo we see the limited social status of females.

But back to Sky's point the members of the Congery and others on the fringes are still wrestling with the debate of whether or not produced images are real. So Terisa up is against three factors, her own alienation, not being taken seriously as a woman and being an image-product. Emeris know that the more attention he pays to Terisa the more real she'll feel. But he doesn't believe it-since he's the champion of the unreal-image-product faction.
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “Casting the Augury”