Europe: is the great federalist experiment about to fail?

Archive From The 'Tank
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

ussusimiel wrote: the EU currently has two glaring problems: immigration and Germany's refusal to allow the Euro be the fiat currency that it actually is.

u.
If the second was allowed, the first would likely be less problematic.
Germany no doubt has power and position.
But I think the ECB even now has some actions it would/could take,
fiat-like, but won't take because they AGREE with the currency/debt/deficit/austerity junk.
So it isn't all about Germany.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

ussusimiel wrote:I won't repeat my comments from upthread. I don't have the strenuous objections that others have (membership of the EU has been very beneficial for Ireland in the past for economic and social reasons), but, as I see it, the EU currently has two glaring problems: immigration and Germany's refusal to allow the Euro be the fiat currency that it actually is.

u.
Sure, just print on and feed the addicts.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Morning wrote:Sure, just print on and feed the addicts.
Yup, it's called MMT and the greatest example of it on earth at the moment is the US of A.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

ussusimiel wrote:
Yup, it's called MMT and the greatest example of it on earth at the moment is the US of A.

u.
Exactly. End the Fed, end the ECB, end Abenomics - I am not expressing a wish, just a prediction soon to come true.

You cannot, should not, and definitely want not to have a unicorn dream based on fiat as the baseline scenario.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Morning wrote:
ussusimiel wrote:

u.
Exactly. End the Fed, end the ECB, end Abenomics - I am not expressing a wish, just a prediction soon to come true.

You cannot, should not, and definitely want not to have a unicorn dream based on fiat as the baseline scenario.
Didn't read the stuff at the link, did ya, Morning? ;) The Fed is not the problem.

And I must say, u., l'm hurt that you didn't include me in your roster of MMT'ers. ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Morning wrote:Exactly. End the Fed, end the ECB, end Abenomics - I am not expressing a wish, just a prediction soon to come true.

Obviously on this we differ. Lets take it over to the MMT thread and discuss it there.

aliantha wrote:And I must say, u., l'm hurt that you didn't include me in your roster of MMT'ers. ;)
I started listing people and then realised that it was a Watch movement. I came late to the game so apologies if I didn't give your MMT-hood its proper regard :biggrin:

u.

P.S. Thanked you by accident there, but sure you deserve it anyway! :lol:
Last edited by ussusimiel on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

I didn't, but it's one of those rarest cases that I deem unnecessary to. Monetary flooding, that is, printing your way out of the mess created by rising to power on the shoulders of populist, lax and mediocre policies and promises, is going to bring the demise of TWAWKI. Only a commodity, pragmatically based economical model can survive the rule of these sociopaths who plague the West these days.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

ussusimiel wrote:
Morning wrote:Exactly. End the Fed, end the ECB, end Abenomics - I am not expressing a wish, just a prediction soon to come true.

Obviously on this we differ. Lets take it over to the MMT thread and discuss it there.

u.
Some day. I would respectfully decline or request to adjourn my participation. Not feeling so bad right now.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

ussusimiel wrote:
aliantha wrote:And I must say, u., l'm hurt that you didn't include me in your roster of MMT'ers. ;)
I started listing people and then realised that it was a Watch movement. I came late to the game so apologies if I didn't give your MMT-hood its proper regard :biggrin:

u.

P.S. Thanked you by accident there, but sure you deserve it anyway! :lol:
Okay, I forgive you. :mrgreen:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “Coercri”