Vox Magi

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Vox Magi

Post by [Syl] »

I have an idea for another game, though I think this one will be a lot looser and a lot less serious.

When I was a kid, I enjoyed Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series. Never a favorite, but... Basically, this guy gets pulled into a fantasy world. Kind of like Covenant. Just replace "leper" with "amateur musician," "white gold" with "music" and Mhoram with a wizard turtle. Anyway, ever since these books, I've often imagined what the music I listen to would do if they were instead magical spells.

I'm picturing each player choosing an avatar summoned from another realm to represent a particular faction. The players will compete in various arenas (generic settings like, say, a desert plateau, a swamp, a crowded market, etc.). Duels will consist of posting links to music videos (official or otherwise), the lyrics, and a description of what the 'spell' does. The other player then does the same. And let's say one more round with the turn order reversed. Then all players (and maybe observers) vote on a winner. After all the arenas/nodes are claimed, whoever has the most wins wins the game.

Anybody interested? Thoughts?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Sounds interesting.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

If I had time for one more thing in my life...
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I put a poll in Vespers to gauge interest.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Not particularly musically inclined. :D Does make me think of Greg Bear's Songs of Earth and Power though.

--A

Return to “Gravin Threndor”