Holiday cookies 2014

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Holiday cookies 2014

Post by aliantha »

New thread, because I can't be fussed to find the old thread. :mrgreen:

So this is the weekend for me to gear up the ol' holiday cookie baking production line. I'm not feeling terribly inspired this year, so I'm sticking with an all-star lineup (recipes available upon request):

Chocolate chip oatmeal bars
Gingerbread cookies*
Almond crescents
Chocolate mint meringues
Raspberry bars

And also:
Peppermint bark
Spiced pecans

Anybody else baking this weekend?

*I swap between gingerbread and sugar cookies from year to year. I do the sugar cookies with a cream cheese dough, and frost 'em with "royal icing" (the kind that sets up hard). For the gingerbread cookies, I just put sprinkles on them before I bake 'em.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

Those sound lovely!

For our holiday cooking, it comes down to Sweetheart Rolls--a type of coffee cake. Shaped in a heart and filled with a toffee streusel filling and pastry icing, you roll it out, then roll butter between the layers. Totally yummy. My mom loves them, so I make up a dozen at a time (three batches of 4 each). They are quite tasty.

It's too late to do Stollen. that is our other yearly tradition. Ah well, such is life.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Dr. G., if you happen to have a spare coffee cake, you can send it to me. :) Those sound yummy!

I knocked out the gingerbread cookies, the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and the almond crescents over the weekend, as well as the peppermint bark. The others take no time at all. I might actually finish the baking tonight. 8O

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

My wife always makes the best chocolate chip cookies evar during this time of year. And they really are the best I've tasted.
We made them last weekend, and found cherry cordial chips and caramel chips for making them. And they are especially good this year.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “The Galley”