2014 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dANdeLION wrote:So the play was off by hundreds of seconds? Funny, I thought it took a lot less time than that.......
Heh...I thought I wrote tenths of thousandTHS, not thousands. Should proofread more, I guess.

That could be a good move for you Atlanta fans, SB.
A number of my friends are Buffalo fans, cuz that's my original part of the world. I think they are going to be sad with their new coach. The help the Bills needed isn't the stuff I've ever seen Ryan be very good at.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Agreed about Buffalo. Their defense was looking very good, that's all Ryan knows. They need QB play, and his record there is terrible. Who thought it was a good idea?

More about Brady. Considering the length of his career, winning championships 13 years apart, well over other greats (Montana 9 years). Montana at 37,38 on KC, with aging Marcus Allen and no name receivers went 2-2 in playoffs. Brady, at 37, 3-0, passer rating over 100. That's impressive, and possibly unprecedented.

Also, regarding strength of team, I saw that Brady, during his 4 title years, played with 2 other Pro Bowlers. Montana - 12. Wow. Strength of schedule, well, Brady played the best defense of last 3 years, and beat it. At the end of game. Same defense that Manning (a QB who had thrown 55TDs last year) looked like a high schooler against.

I think he clinches it.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Nope, I would have reverted to sandlot football; "Everyone block, I'm giving the ball to Lynch". Only sane call outside of the "Twilight Zone"
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I said when it the Pass happened that Carroll wanted Wilson to win it. the play call was borne of arrogance. and it could cost him the team in the long run. and the lack of discipline on the Seahawks rears it's ugly head again. the Hawks had a chance for a safety and free kick at the end, Brady was not assured of getting out of his end zone. instead the Hawks jump and start a fight? wow.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Your latter point is the one that is too easily overlooked. Wilson threw four interceptions in the GB game and still found a way to win...and the Hawks have never won a Superbowl without forcing a safety at one end of the game or the other. ;)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and deflate gate may have been shenanigans on the Colt's part?

SD : with Wilson's megacontract, the likely departure of Lynch - I forsee some bumps in the road for your hawks. that and the lack of discipline will hurt them.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Also overlooked is that the Pats first real drive ended with Lane intercepting Brady's pass in the end-zone to steal 7 points from the Pats.

Yes, I am saying that payback is a bitch.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

well the report has come out.

the Pats may have tampered with some footballs.

and Brady may have known, in a general sense, that something was going on.

and with that damning evidence Brady is likely to be suspended for some games. :roll: :roll: :roll:

cue the rabid reaction of the jealous ones who are angry for the Patriots winning four super bowls. for Tom Brady marrying one of the most gorgeous women on the planet.

I have listened to the nfl talking heads all day today. they want blood, even though they can not connect the dots.

if you can't beat them on the field... beat them in the rules committee and outside investigations.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”