Concerts

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Ugh... I've heard of Crazy White Sean, so I refuse to click that link.

And yes, Jonathan Davies' mic stand is pretty chouette, from the pics I've seen.
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

CovenantJr wrote:Ugh... I've heard of Crazy White Sean, so I refuse to click that link.

And yes, Jonathan Davies' mic stand is pretty chouette, from the pics I've seen.
:lol: Well yes his act is a bit...well....scary. Saw the last gig in their mini tour yesterday-it wasn't quite as shocking this time round. What surprises me is what a lovely guy he is-was chatting to him afterwards (plus he was on the same plane back to London) and he is just so normal-well if you look past all the piercings and tattoos. :)

And go on...click the link...you know you REALLY want to... :twisted:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote: Fat Mike must have been born to the stage
I am not overweight!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Your mullet is
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote:Your mullet is
True.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

that Cannibal Corpse show was awesome...

but it was horrendously hot there....

aaand....yup
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

DAMM!! Lady Tam just missed getting free tickets to The Dave Matthews Band, and my friend Rick had to rub it in my face how great the Los Lonely Boys free concert at the Zoo (on Elohimfest Eve) was!!! :-x grrrr. Now I'll try to see Godsmack but Yes and Dream Theater are performing the night after...I've seen Yes twice but have always wanted to see Dream Theater...arrrgh! decisions, decisions.... :roll:
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

This weekend is the annual Bloodstock indoor metal festival, but this year I can't go because it clashes with a business conference. However, I do get to go to the "warm-up party" tonight, and see a couple of random bands play. So that'll be fun. I'm off in about half an hour.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

The best gig I went to strangely, was Tesla (remember them???) in 1986 in London, when I was but a foolish child. they were outstanding.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I am absolutely gagging from alcohol consumption *gag*
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

Edinburghemma from Afar wrote:The best gig I went to strangely, was Tesla (remember them???) in 1986 in London, when I was but a foolish child. they were outstanding.
They are coming to Tampa in a few days or so.
Another show that I would like to see, but I have to save my pennies
for another hurricane that is coming our way.
(Something wicked this way comes...)
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I was in Boston over the weekend and found out that Jimmy Buffett was playing in Fenway Park. I'd never been to see him before so we got some tickets. I must say it was a great time. 8) He does an awesome live show.
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

Wait a second.....You went to a Buffet show and actually REMEMBER what happened?

Most people I know are in a drunken stupor for a week after his concerts.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Well, I remember most of it. ;)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I've always heard Buffet concerts are a lot of fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm off tonight to go hear Wynton Marsalis and the Rockefeller Center Jazz Orchestra. Image. I haven't been to a concert in a long time, so I'm hoping it will be a good one. :) Will be hooking up with some friends who will also be going to the concert, and going to the Firefly Club in Ann Arbor to go hear more live jazz after the concert. 8)
Love as thou wilt.

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

The concert was incredible. For the encore, the trumpeters came out along with the piano player, the drummer, and the bass player. The five trumpeters took turns tossing completely impromptu, searing hot, solos back and forth and around like a ball. It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard in my life. Truly awesome. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

They were making a live recording to release somewhere down the road, so keep an eye out for a CD of Wynton Marsalis and the Rockefeller Center Jazz Orchestra playing live at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor, and you will hear some truly incredible big band jazz. :D 8)
Love as thou wilt.

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Went to another fantastic jazz concert tonight. :D

Dave Brubeck is a master jazz musician, and the originator of such standards as Take Five. He also plays some classical music, and some very original compositions that fuse ethnic music (such as traditional Japanese music) with jazz. :)

I went to see him and his quartet tonight. :)

He was awesome. He is 83 years old, walks very stiffly, has a headful of white hair, and an old man's quavery voice. But when he sits down at his piano he plays with the intensity and force and limberness of a twenty year old. 8O He also seemed to be a genuinely nice person. He talked about how happy he was to meet with music students the day before and answer all of their questions (he mentioned that a lot of the questions were about his Japanese/jazz fusion album). One of his army buddies from WW2 was in the audience and he had him stand up and told a story about how they had once been trapped behind German lines in the war, and dedicated a wonderful classical piece, Elegy to him.

It was amazing. 8O 8O It was remarkable. 8O 8O I feel honored and privaleged to have heard him play his music. 8O 8O
Love as thou wilt.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

One of his army buddies from WW2 was in the audience and he had him stand up and told a story about how they had once been trapped behind German lines in the war, and dedicated a wonderful classical piece, Elegy to him
I got chills just reading this - wish I could have been there!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Violent Femmes last night. Good stuff.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Zakari
Servant of the Land

Post by Zakari »

I saw Rush on their 30th Anniversary Tour at the NEC in Brum last month....

Man that rocked...best band ever....

*reaches for Bass guitar *

Return to “Vespers”