Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:yeha I found some weak assed pussy nun types, and these tiny dwarf wanna be Indians. Also, had a random encounter where I found some gas mask wearing priest and a little boy in a room together.
I heard the little boy's name was Liam, and he had a New Zealand accent. Apparently the priest had to console him after he heard the news Australia took over NZ in a day.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

News clearly told to him by a derange idiot who has no idea and is out of touch with reality
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:News clearly told to him by a derange idiot who has no idea and is out of touch with reality
Dorian, you have let me down. I expected a far more cutting remark from you. ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Children! Behave! Anyway, it was half a day :P
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I have decided to tone down on cutting comments. a few watchers cant handle them
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:I have decided to tone down on cutting comments. a few watchers cant handle them
:lol:
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

stop laughing you filthy descendant of a convict
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:stop laughing you filthy descendant of a convict
I'm not a descendant of a convict, you citizen of a country that has a weak value of currency compared to the Australian dollar and most of its people come over to my country to live off the dole and its only great effort is making a trilogy about elves and orcs with americans playing fat dwarves.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm feeling a strange urge to use my mod powers to delete about a page of posts here :)
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:I'm feeling a strange urge to use my mod powers to delete about a page of posts here :)
A post for a post; every post you delete of mine I will delete one of yours. :lol:
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Funny how you say we have made no great effort

rommels diarys have a run down of the commonwealth forces in them, stating the following

British; average soldier is great, whilst the officers who lead them are poor and useless

Australians; no better than the english

New Zealanders; great soldiers and a perfect fighting force. If mixed with german panzer devisions, one could win this war with a small force.

Also, the Maori were the only native race that managed to be given the titles of warriors by the english, whilst the rest of the native races were known as savages.

while we're at it, our economy has been rising fast of late, so we arent as weak as we once were my friend.

Oh and theres the fact that up until very recently, Australia was so far up Americas ass that the lump in george bush's throat was John howards nose.

I could carry on, but hey, we arent like that, its all good, we're all friends here, now shut up and leave that poor boy alone!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Ok...this has strayed so far from the point of the thread, I shall be deleting posts. It's not that I object to the good-natured jibing, it's just that it's clutter.

And Rommel would say that about the Aussie's - they humiliated him at Tobruk. And Rommel was just a damn show-pony, anyway! :P

Halal Kebab
Servant of the Land

Following on

Post by Halal Kebab »

And Dorian, please take Russell Crowe back, we don't want him anymore.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Hell no hes yours! Keep him. We will let you keep the Pav if you promise not to send him back
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:yeha I found some weak assed pussy nun types,
:|

...weak assed my tush...

*glare*
Dorian wrote:I have decided to tone down on cutting comments. a few watchers cant handle them
:roll:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All turns will be released tomorrow night.

The map will be uploaded on Saturday. If anyone wants to see the map's rough draft, PM me, and I will email it.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*eyes wide*

...oh my word...

I'm hooked. Hook, line, and sinker.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I am burning midnight oil right now, ensuring that all turns are processed. Three are done, and four are to go. I am releasing them as I do them.

This is not all altruism, of course, I'm also trying to correct my ridiculous sleeping patterns of late.

A WORD ON POPULATION GROWTH:

For every settlement you have, with elements of PEOPLE present, you get a growth roll. The more idle (i.e. unassigned PEOPLE you have), the higher your growth is likely to be. Certain structures also add bonuses, as does the overal reputation of the faction.

You may shift PEOPLE around to settlements at will (no ORDER required), though you will not get a growth roll at a settlement if the maximum garrison limit is met or exceeded. Remember, an element of PEOPLE counts as an element in the garrison.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Now that people have seen their turn results, what is the consensus on one turn per month (every 4th turn) being presented in a very detailed manner, with the other three being done in turn three's style? The chief benefit of this is that I can process and present information faster and, probably do about 4 turns every 5-6 weeks, as opposed to 4 every 8-10.

Further, everyone got a 'short story' as an intro to the turn results. Some stories had nothing to do with actual turn events, but merely provided 'atmosphere'. I thought the presentation would be novel. Do people have any objections to that style? Would the simply prefer the detailed reports to be presented as reports from a subordinate? Or perhaps whatever comes?

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

The map is, at last, revealed. Due to some unforseen layer problem, half the grid references 'magically' vanished, to add to GM frustration and madness. After raining blows upon a stranger's head, and feeling better for it, I decided to post the map as is for the moment. The problem will be rectified very shortly (hopefully) and, in the meantime, I'm sure those in unreferenced areas will be able to work things out by using their Turn 4 reports.

Also, I chose not to butcher my map's appearance by having criss-crossing grid lines across it. If players find the lack of grid lines a pain, I can, regrettably, rectify that too. Also, if white is too striking, I can change the b/ground colour.

Buildings seen on the map are not intended to be to scale. Remember that each grid is about half what a man could walk in hostile conditions in one week, thus, they cover a lot of ground.

The new player has not been placed on the map, so as not to reveal their home base co-ordinates.

Players are to assume that the RU broadcasted grid references for all factions designated in the "Borderlands", as a way of proving they are monitoring movement.

Return to “Borderlands”