2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I was at the Falcons/Bucs game and holy crap the Bucs played like a bad highschool team. We ran up the score to 42 to 7 at the half. Then took out our key players.
Falcons now have to play NY Giants in New Jersey.... The Giants is a good match up for the Falcons and if they can get a win there, it will go a long way in confidence for a rematch with New Orleans and that humiliating defeat on Monday night football last week.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I hate saying this ( a between the toes paper cut has more appeal to me ) but the Ravens, at least to my eyes look like the best of the AFC. They are healthier than Pittsburgh , not to mention the fact that they have already beaten them twice. The Patriots can be bested if you employ a power running game ( See Baltimore Ravens ), and keep Tom Brady on the side lines through clock domination. The Patriots may also have the worst defense in the league.
Mr. Tebow it was fun while it lasted.

The NFC is more difficult to speculate. Between " the Robot " , and " the Breeze" Id say.

Atomic Im sorry I dont know how the Browns snaked into the #4 pick. If its any consolation they will probably squander it .

Cail I still hate your team.
Wide Eyed Stupid
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Sorry, Mr. Broken, these Patriots look, sound, smell, and play like the Patriots of old. (Meaning of ten years ago.) They aren't perfect, but they find ways to win.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The Patriots have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, which is an enormous benefit. They've gone to the Super Bowl in the past because superior teams are outmatched by the miserable New England weather (specifically the 2001 Raiders). That said, the 2001 Patriots were a much better and well-rounded team than the 2011 Patriots.

The Ravens didn't lose to any team with a winning record. New England lost to Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the Giants. Assuming both teams make it to the AFC championship, the Ravens have the advantage on paper (much better defense, awesome running game). The New England weather will be a factor. If it's not snowing and above freezing, the Ravens win.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I don't follow football, cut I root for NY in all cases. So go Giants! I picked them over the Jets last week, based on nothing but a feeling. Didn't have that feeling before the game against Dallas. Now they play the Falcons? I don't have any idea. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Pats are hard to fathom. 2 weeks in a row, got down big, which is a problem, but came back. Against weaker teams tho, now going against playoff teams, don't think they can allow that. And that defense is weak, bad weather may affect their passing game.

Ravens' problem is Flacco, has looked terrible. But Steelers and Texans are banged up.

I don't know how you go against Saints and Packers, even w/Packers being banged up as well (BTW, who would ever want to add 2 games to schedule?). But maybe the Niners will surprise people w/that ridiculous defense and running game.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cybrweez wrote:Pats are hard to fathom. 2 weeks in a row, got down big, which is a problem, but came back. Against weaker teams tho, now going against playoff teams, don't think they can allow that. And that defense is weak, bad weather may affect their passing game.
Their schedule has been weak. They're 1/2 against teams that made the playoffs. That means that they played 13 teams (and lost to one) that couldn't make the playoffs. Their record is less impressive than the numbers would suggest.
Cybrweez wrote:Ravens' problem is Flacco, has looked terrible. But Steelers and Texans are banged up.
Flacco's had a troubling season. He's had a lot of catchable passes dropped, and the play calling has been way too conservative.
Cybrweez wrote:I don't know how you go against Saints and Packers, even w/Packers being banged up as well (BTW, who would ever want to add 2 games to schedule?). But maybe the Niners will surprise people w/that ridiculous defense and running game.
I'd love to see SF take the NFC.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

wayfriend wrote:Sorry, Mr. Broken, these Patriots look, sound, smell, and play like the Patriots of old. (Meaning of ten years ago.) They aren't perfect, but they find ways to win.
I hope your right.
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The problem I see with the Pats is that, in the last couple of games, they came out swinging too late in the game. I worry about the fact that they give up so many points in the first half and then have to try to come back from way behind to win. If they do the same in the playoffs they may find that they cant come back from a 21 point deficit in the second half when playing a playoff caliber team.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

It helps the Pats no one else stands out in AFC, and they at least have home field. I think Pack, Saints and Niners are top 3 in NFL. Sux for them they're all in same conference.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Home field advantage has not proven to be much of an advantage in previous years.

Based on statistics of previous bowl years a #1 seed team has only a 66% chance of making it to the super bowl and only a 5% chance of winning.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I heard today that Brady Quinn has taken extra snaps with the first team this week at practice. This is either caution, or anticipation, on the part of the Bronco's. Caution dictates that when faced with a defense that could decapitate (see James Harrison) Tim Tebow, the team must be prepared at back up. Anticipation suggests that Tebow is on a very short leash , and could be pulled , and replaced by Quinn. If Quinn beats the Steelers ... oh man , it will suck even more than ever to be a Browns fan.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Texans have just pulled off their first playoff win in franchise history, and the Lions have the lead over the Saints going into halftime, this could get very interesting.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Nope the Saints are running away with it now.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Saints offense is awesome. if the defense can be adequate...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:Saints offense is awesome. if the defense can be adequate...
Lions could easily have won. At least three dropped interceptions and then that bad call by the official on the fumble that should have been ran in by the Lions.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

None of the four teams that played Saturday looked good. All this talk about how great the Saints are was mitigated by how bad they looked against the Lions. If Detroit keeps going on the track they're on, they'll be a serious contender next year.

The Texans/Bengals game looked like a bad high school game. Houston is gonna get clobbered by the Patriots.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

SoulBiter wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Saints offense is awesome. if the defense can be adequate...
Lions could easily have won. At least three dropped interceptions and then that bad call by the official on the fumble that should have been ran in by the Lions.
good teams take advantage of situations. other teams go home and complain about it...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

And then sometimes one bad break for a team shifts the momentum at a key time in the game.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cail wrote: Houston is gonna get clobbered by the Patriots.
I think the rest of what you said is probably right. But on this...I THINK without checking the schedule that Houston has to get past Baltimore first...and I have a feeling they won't. [even though I kinda wish they would...for some reason I like this Yates QB].
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “Sports”