Avengers cartoons

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm completely with you. If the art is not every bit as important as the story, then it should be written as a short story. Since it is a visual medium, I absolutely demand good art.

Obviously, I mean what I consider good.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Strange, because the art and great animation is one of the things that I liked so well about Avengers #1.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

dlbpharmd wrote:Strange, because the art and great animation is one of the things that I liked so well about Avengers #1.
Well its certainly up to interpretation and personal tastes. Art is like that. I can't expect every frame of a cartoon that was never intended to be a full motion Disney type production to impress. I understand animation (perhaps that is my curse) I've studied it. I know what has to go into a genuine fully rendered feature and Avengers isn't that kind of production and it isn't the cartoon's fault. You can't have the world's best animators working on a production for 3 years to turn out near perfection. The Avengers cartoon and the movie simply don't have the budget for such things and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not putting it down, I just don't personally care for it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Gotcha.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I haven't really watched the movie. Like any book-to-movie, various aspects of the story will be lost. In which case the movie's animation needs to be spectacular. The parts I watched didn't look too bad, but it wasn't good enough to make up for the missing story elements.

Regarding what TOM and I were saying, Batman: Year One comes to mind. Frank Miller storytelling at its very best. And most of the time, Mazzucchelli's art was extraordinary, as it was in Daredevil's Born Again. But some parts of Y1 were silly cartoony crap. I believe it was done in homage to the early years of Batman. It really looked like stuff from the 40's, or whatever decade. But the relatively few panels like that were bad enough. If the whole thing looked like that, I wouldn't have cared that it was a Miller story; I wouldn't have considered buying it.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

I've recently had a look at some screen shots of the new Iron man animated feature. Supposed to be produced by the same group that gave us Avengers. The stills look pretty good. If the animation holds up I may have to buy it when it comes out.
THOOLAH - Nuff said.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

The Iron Man stuff might be OK...the one I am looking forward to is Dr. Strange.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

They've released a trailer of the Iron man dvd available January 07. Looks pretty good for an animated feature.

www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=23352
THOOLAH - Nuff said.

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”