Heartfelt Thank-you

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Fist and Faith wrote:And don't worry, SRD, I'm going to have Vain change markjeffrey's name to Mark-o.

(somebody say it)
"It's only a flesh wound"?
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Steve, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for meeting our intrepid little group. They took buses and planes and drove very long distances, but nothing compared to Covenant slamming across the snow in numbed agony with a shattered ankle! 8) You, Jennifer and Peri were so gracious and despite some of our pregnant (**don't look Furls!**) pauses the question and answer seqment was utterly amazing and very entertaining. Thank you for putting us all at ease and making us feel like old friends at the end. And thank you for your extended time with us, we truly did not expect those added riches! :D
fall far and well Pilots!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

What a classy guy. 'Nuff said.
markjeffrey
Woodhelvennin

Post by markjeffrey »

Dragonlily wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:And don't worry, SRD, I'm going to have Vain change markjeffrey's name to Mark-o.

(somebody say it)
"It's only a flesh wound"?
Hahahaha :)
Steve.
The Stevester.
Steve-o.
Steve-a-leve-a-ding-dong.
Makin' copies.

Personally, I give Stephen R. Donaldson two big half-handed thumbs up for how he treats his fans. - Mark-o
When you're done with 'Runes' :) ... check out www.pocketandpendant.com ... like a small, minty refreshment after the Main Course has been served!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

*hopes that SRD will return and actually deign to read this but*

Hail and well met Mr Donaldson aka Literary God person! your presence honours us greatly!!!!

I have worshipped and adored TCTC since I first encountered this great work. I wish beyond all things I were able to attend elohimfest but from the great feedback we have had here at the Watch from the attendees, we have been able to share in a small part of this event.

I almost made it .. but the thought of taking advantage of an opportunity I could not afford to share with my family - seemed to awful to go into debt to realise.

You are the most amazing author of my time .. there is great depth in your writing and in the ethical concepts you explore.

Those of us here down-under will be gathering for our own trans-tasman meet .. but we lack the good fortune of having you as our guest!! Unless ofcourse you are contemplating a journey of several thousand kms to join with us .. ofcourse ;)

Then good fortune would not describe the joy that we would feel in hosting you immense greatness!! LOL

in adoration always ..

sky!

aka: sky down-under ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

If you ever do see this, Mr. Donaldson, a very heart felt thanks for being so gentle with such a shy person. 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Gentle? Didn't you see him whipping dinner rolls at you?

Oh, wait. That was me. :-)
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

Post by amanibhavam »

Dear Mr. Donaldson,

I wish I were a Sandgorgon so that a mere ocean wouldn't stop me at the next Elohimfest from meeting you in person. I wish you many many happy years in writing.

And thanks for reading the Watch.

Bye,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Dear Mr. Donaldson, I wished to add my heartfelt thanks to those of all Kevin's Watchers who already answered this thread. I wish I had been able to attend the fest, but, living in Italy, I found it a little difficult - for now ;) Still, I hope to be there one day - and indeed, if you are surprised or embarrassed by the depths of the reactions of so many people, think of it as a milestone... I wonder how many other authors can rightfully claim such love from their readers. Then again, not many authors nowadays are able to strike emotional chords like you do so masterfully :)
So, this is our way to tell you, thank you for teaching us about ourselves... thank you for everything ;)
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

*gulp* Excuse me a moment...
*leaves room briefly, closing the door behind her. Girlish, excited giggling and jumping can be heard behind the door. She re-enters as though nothing has happened*

Sorry, er, needed some air *sheepish grin*
Mr. Donaldson, I don't know if you'll read this, but I think I can speak for all the Watchers (hehehe...Watchers...yeah, I've been watching too much Buffy) when I say how much we appreciate the way you have treated your fans; it is extraordinarily kind of you to take so much time for us...answering our questions, going to Elohimfest, putting up with silly girlish fan-outbursts *tries very hard to look innocent, and fails completely* :wink: Anyway, believe me when I say that all the work you have done and are doing is greatly appreciated (did I mention we appreciate you? :smile: I think I need a thesaurus...)
Blessings!
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I just wanted to say that it was a huge relief to be able to say what I wanted to say for 21 years. Man, was I scared lol. But we must own our awkward moments and make them the best awkward moment it can be! lol :oops: I emailed you a few years back and wanted to say it then, but I didn't want you to think it was some Stephen King movie.... "I'm your biggest fan" kinda thing. :roll: It is just... well... for once I was able to feel like someone else in this world understood how I felt. I was suicidal by age 10 and I don't even HAVE to mention how old I was when I read it... been there, done that, got the t-shirt. lol Anyway, now I am a very happy 34 year old mom and I am a strong person now. I am raising 3 kids all alone and manage to keep them in a nice home with everything they need and still find time to just dance with them. Oh and I only play video games so I can help them... I don't enjoy it, but, alas, as a parent it is my duty and obligation to play those games and figure out thier legos for them. Ahem.... :D No, a book or character can't save someone, but it can help you find the strength to go on when you have nothing else to turn to.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”