Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, Lore, did you not mean it when you said you'd postpone it a turn?
You made Maeror look like an idiot. :lol:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:So, Lore, did you not mean it when you said you'd postpone it a turn?
I did something else, or concluded something I have been doing for some time. Regardless, and Xar will attest to this, I made a mistake with the deadline but no other player's god will be affected.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ah well. I suppose looking like I'm out of touch isn't the worst thing that could happen.
I should go read my events again; that'll get me smiling.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The description of the important event is posted, as well as a picture of Nor Yekith's important followers. As it's late, I fear the writing is not the best, so forgive me for any grammatical errors. I'll fix them tomorrow.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Indeed. I have it on good authority, for example, that the correct spelling is hierachy.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Bhakti wrote:Indeed. I have it on good authority, for example, that the correct spelling is hierachy.
:haha: Funny you should write that. :lol:
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

I take it that the rules regarding the physical manifestation of a deity have been applied?
Death To All Fanatics!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

An excellent question, as I was informed of the difficulty of such a thing.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Bhakti wrote:An excellent question, as I was informed of the difficulty of such a thing.
Well, Nor Yekith's move happens this turn, so the massive DRP expenditure should be described in the mail for this turn. Last turn was the purple radiance.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Xar wrote:
Bhakti wrote:An excellent question, as I was informed of the difficulty of such a thing.
Well, Nor Yekith's move happens this turn, so the massive DRP expenditure should be described in the mail for this turn. Last turn was the purple radiance.
So you're saying I will have to expend almost all of my DRPs? I don't have a problem with that, as I'm winding down from my campaign of experimentation. :lol:
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I am now quite confused! Nor has already turned in his move for the turn that the rest of us must turn in within another (approximately) 4 days? And The Great Transformation - kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=421811#421811 - is the result? If so, why bother telling us now? Why not simply save it, and tell us after we have all turned in our moves?
Loremaster wrote:So you're saying I will have to expend almost all of my DRPs? I don't have a problem with that, as I'm winding down from my campaign of experimentation. :lol:
I was told all DRP's would be needed to break the "unspoken agreement" we all have to not appear.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

We had an unspoken agreement about that? Damn, I must have missed that silent meeting. Heh.

Hmm. Who do I talk to if I want to do something about fertility? Jastrau seems decidedly plant-oriented, but I have a feeling Bhakti's a bit busy at the minute.
Last edited by I'm Murrin on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Nor Bhakti wrote:I am now quite confused! Nor has already turned in his move for the turn that the rest of us must turn in within another (approximately) 4 days? And The Great Transformation - kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=421811#421811 - is the result? If so, why bother telling us now? Why not simply save it, and tell us after we have all turned in our moves?
No, as I understand it, all I did was mutate the plague. The transformation is the result, as the plague was almost everywhere. What I am referring to is that my god manifesting requires massive DRP expenditure. If so, next turn I will either spend it or just edit that from happening.
Nor Murrin wrote:We had an unspoken agreement about that? Damn, I must have missed that silent meeting.
Same.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Loremaster wrote:Nor Murrin
The world awaits the coming of the Murrin!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Nor Murrin
The world awaits the coming of the Murrin!
:lol: :lol:
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

However, for game purposes: if you wish to manifest yourself physically, you automatically must allocate all your divine rank points in that manifestation. Physically appearing in the mortal world is extremely taxing: you cannot do that and keep an eye on the general state of the world at the same time. At the same time, your appearance is momentous and shakes everyone who sees your divine presence. So, given that you're putting all your divine rank points in your incarnation, the event you wish to affect with your incarnation will be influenced as if you had put all your divine points in there, plus an additional degree of influence and proselytism due to your very presence. This means that even a tiny demigod who manifests himself will attract loads of followers who wish to bathe in his divine glory.
But there's a drawback: because your attention is focused on one place, you will not be aware of other events in the world for as long as you're incarnated. That means that if declare you want to appear in the world during turn 5, the events that happen to your faith during turn 6 will not be revealed to you until the beginning of the turn after you abandon corporeality (turn 7, in the example).
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Simjen wrote:
However, for game purposes: if you wish to manifest yourself physically, you automatically must allocate all your divine rank points in that manifestation. Physically appearing in the mortal world is extremely taxing: you cannot do that and keep an eye on the general state of the world at the same time. At the same time, your appearance is momentous and shakes everyone who sees your divine presence. So, given that you're putting all your divine rank points in your incarnation, the event you wish to affect with your incarnation will be influenced as if you had put all your divine points in there, plus an additional degree of influence and proselytism due to your very presence. This means that even a tiny demigod who manifests himself will attract loads of followers who wish to bathe in his divine glory.
But there's a drawback: because your attention is focused on one place, you will not be aware of other events in the world for as long as you're incarnated. That means that if declare you want to appear in the world during turn 5, the events that happen to your faith during turn 6 will not be revealed to you until the beginning of the turn after you abandon corporeality (turn 7, in the example).
Thanks. Hmmmm.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

I think Xar also stated in the original Pantheon thread that crossing into the mortal realm was kind of verboten.
So, manifesting is a very risky choice. And remember: not only you won't be able to hide the fact you manifested yourself in the mortal world, but as soon as one manifests, the others won't be restrained any more. Among good gods that might not be a problem: but consider that by manifesting, you open the way for your enemies to manifest as well!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Simjen wrote:I think Xar also stated in the original Pantheon thread that crossing into the mortal realm was kind of verboten.
So, manifesting is a very risky choice. And remember: not only you won't be able to hide the fact you manifested yourself in the mortal world, but as soon as one manifests, the others won't be restrained any more. Among good gods that might not be a problem: but consider that by manifesting, you open the way for your enemies to manifest as well!
The thing is, it was stated at the start that there was statue that represented my god. All I did was make that statue break open and the worm to appear. Okay, perhaps I went too far. Can I say that I made an avatar appear or just some image? I'll spend a DRP next turn to compensate.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

You could say that, but... they were sucking on the thing, man. It spoke to them and transformed them. I'd be very surprised if you got the result you wanted without manifesting.

Return to “Pantheon”