Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Post by The World Breaker »

THEN COME TO ME, PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A GODLING THAT YOU ARE... YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF CALLING YOURSELF A CHAOS GOD. COME TO ME, AND I SHALL RIP YOUR ESSENCE FROM YOUR STILL-LIVING BODY - AND THEN WE SHALL SEE HOW YOUR VAUNTED "MIGHT" COMPARES TO MINE!

UNLESS OF COURSE, LITTLE GOD-WORM, YOU ARE TOO AFRAID TO TAKE UP MY CHALLENGE... IN WHICH CASE, LET ALL YOUR EQUALLY PATHETIC BRETHREN WITNESS THE BLUSTER OF A COWARD!

COME TO ME... I AM ALONE AND WITHOUT ALLIES. DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO FACE ME SIMILARLY FORLORN?
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

I WILL COME FOR YOU USURPER!!

And you will BEG for my MERCY!!! Your days are numbered. THINK ON THAT AND BE DISMAYED!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Ahhh G-ds...

I will no longer be trusted, I fear that in my heart. But...

Battle will not be the way. I know not what else there is, but there must be another way, without bloodshed. How can we learn of what Nephirthos has learned, and act upon it? How can we learn of his followers, the minions of the void? What is the difference between him and them? These things are what we must concentrate on, surely.

Please do not be rash, Astavyastataa Kadna. Although rashness is as true to your nature as anything else I have ever witnessed. To watch my brethren be picked off, one by one, and to watch them plan to do it...I can not bare it.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

So you would sacrifice all Eiran that we may die together? O-gon-cho, what madness is this? And speak to me not of different coloured eyes. I require greater proof than that for such a betrayal.

As for you, Nephirthos, you are scarcely more worthy than Astavyastataa Kadna. All your victories are hollow, even the shattering of the world, and are thanks more to luck and the ignorance of your enemies than to any merit that you might possess. He may not be the greatest of all deities, but I doubt that you surpass him in any way.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Sister...

All I can offer is the entire of what I sent Nephirthos...
Nephirthos...

I know not where to begin.

It is my belief that I am the youngest of the Pantheon of Eiran, for although I am not the most recent to ascend, I do not know of the origins of Moxinomol, and if Astavyastataa Kadna is as he says, he is ancient beyond reckoning.

However, from behind the scenes I have followed and studied the chronicles of the two Pantheons of Eiran since before the first G-ds started revealing themselves to their prophets. I witnessed you send your power on a slow consistent basis into the earth in the ancient days, until enough built up to crack the earth and bring about the destruction of Eiran as it was then known.

Yet, the question of why you did such remained largely unanswered. All I could come up with from my research was because you could. And you needed to show all of Eiran how powerful you were.

And now, through my unintentional bridging of Eiran and the outer darkness via the void, you are returned. I understand if you wish to avenge yourself on those who cast you out, but most of those are long gone. So, I suspect this havoc you are causing is not for revenge, but that your basic nature is unchanged. Yes, you watched and learned in the void, and you obviously grew strong. And now you bring chaos and destruction again to Eiran because you can, and for no other reason but to show us all that you can.

As the one responsible for bringing you here, I am stepping forward. What, if anything, will deflect you from your desire to bring us all low? I am far from being the most powerful of the current Pantheon, but I do not want more bloodshed.

So...I place myself at your feet. If there is anything within my power I can offer you to turn you from this path, just ask. I only request you find a way to work with the current Pantheon for the good of Eiran, or disperse back to the outer darkness if such is not possible in return.

If there is nothing I can offer to deflect you, I place myself at your service as a messenger to the Pantheon as one who will be listened to without automatic suspicion and outrage. Simjen's Fire cleansed and restored me. I will do what I must to save my World.

With hope for an authentic attempt at sincere Palaver with you,

O-gon-cho
If I erred in my attempt, I humble myself before all. Battle is not within me.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

O-gon-cho wrote:If I erred in my attempt, I humble myself before all. Battle is not within me.
Then perhaps you and all that you love will be destroyed.

I am also not made for battle sister, yet I will do so if necessary to save that which I hold dear.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

One does not treat with rabid dogs O-Gon. One merely puts them down.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Norn wrote:
O-gon-cho wrote:If I erred in my attempt, I humble myself before all. Battle is not within me.
Then perhaps you and all that you love will be destroyed.
Norn wrote:I am also not made for battle sister, yet I will do so if necessary to save that which I hold dear.
I will join in, if it is the only way, and will do naught to interfere if I am shunned from helping. But I still wish someone would join me in finding answers by other means for I know not where to begin looking.
Vadhaka wrote:One does not treat with rabid dogs O-Gon. One merely puts them down.
Is it truly the only way, Vadhaka?
Hedra Iren
Stonedownor

Post by Hedra Iren »

Pantheon, I ask of you. If ever Simjen did you a favor, please grant me a measure of your strength so that I may bring together our people.
O, brothers! let us leave the shame and sin Of taking vainly in a plaintive mood, The holy name of Grief--holy herein, That, by the grief of One, came all our good.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Hedra, I will give you whatever you ask.
Hedra Iren
Stonedownor

Post by Hedra Iren »

Thank you, Jove. But my request is modest. The threat is too great to be overly concerned with one widow. But if the dwarrow and giants are to survive these times, they must be united. And that is my goal, that we may all grieve and grow together. That that which my husband worked so hard to bring forth will survive and even prosper.
O, brothers! let us leave the shame and sin Of taking vainly in a plaintive mood, The holy name of Grief--holy herein, That, by the grief of One, came all our good.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Hedra, you are beautiful in your grief.

I will help you as I am able. Welcome back, sister.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Hedra,
How can we help you in this?
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Hedra, your and Simjen's followers have always Loved each other and their deities as beautifully as a God of Love could imagine. In honor of them, of Simjen, and of you, I will help.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Hedra Iren wrote:
Pantheon, I ask of you. If ever Simjen did you a favor, please grant me a measure of your strength so that I may bring together our people.
Aye, certainly. But please! Can we act together to cure Eiran's ills after we have destroyed the World Breaker?

Undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Vadhaka wrote:One does not treat with rabid dogs O-Gon. One merely puts them down.
Well said cousin!

If the pantheon supports me with DRP - I will bring this DOG of a World Breaker to heel.

If not, I will brave the mists and wrest the restrictions on my power from the AllFather. Fully restored I will REND this pathetic World Breaker ... slowly!

Who will support me? Or who offers a better solution?
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Post by The World Breaker »

Undine wrote:Aye, certainly. But please! Can we act together to cure Eiran's ills after we have destroyed the World Breaker?
THERE IS NO END TO ME THIS SIDE OF EXISTENCE. YOU ARE FOOLS TO THINK OTHERWISE. ONE OF YOU FALLS BY MY HAND. ANOTHER WREAKS HAVOC UPON THE WORLD THROUGH MY POWER. A THIRD THROWS HERSELF AT MY FEET. A FOURTH THREATENS WITH PATHETIC BLUSTER WHILE AT HEART, HE IS BUT A PITIFUL THING. A FIFTH DESTROYS TIME ITSELF IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE A MORTAL.

IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN PIT AGAINST ME? DO I HAVE TO TEAR THROUGH YOUR RANKS, AND SHRED YOU ONE BY ONE, UNTIL THE LAST ONE BEGS FOR ME TO END HER SUFFERING?

I AM THE WORLD BREAKER. IT IS TIME FOR ME TO FULFILL THE PROMISE OF MY NAME.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

DO I HAVE TO TEAR THROUGH YOUR RANKS, AND SHRED YOU ONE BY ONE, UNTIL THE LAST ONE BEGS FOR ME TO END HER SUFFERING?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

The World Breaker wrote: ANOTHER WREAKS HAVOC UPON THE WORLD THROUGH MY POWER.

A THIRD THROWS HERSELF AT MY FEET.
The DOG is not to be trusted ... but ... do we have a traitor in addition to a coward?!
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

World breaker, world breaker.

I am so tired of gods blustering and blathering their strength and superiority.

First we had Nor Yekith who vanished into thin air when we stood against him. Then we had Asta and now we have you.

From all the threats I have heard throughout my existence, I have yet seen any god carry out his threats.

How is it then that we should 'cower' at your thunder?

I'm sorry but I am too busy laughing.

Mox, have you smited me with madness?

Return to “Pantheon”