Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Vadhaka...Brother...

I am as yet apprehensive on your decision to enter the mists, and have no power to spare. And you have requested none. But, I will donate one DRP to strengthen you anyway, for I trust you.

May the AllFather look kindly upon your journey.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Save your power for yourself sister. I need no aid nor do I want it. *bows*
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Too late, brother.

Unless the AllFather returns it to me as being refused.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Since we're still a week from the deadline, I don't think that'll be a problem.

However I thank you for your trust.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Vadhaka wrote:Since we're still a week from the deadline, I don't think that'll be a problem.
*bowed head*

We shall see. I wish the AllFather to know there is at least one among the Pantheon who is willing to support you in this with more than just words.
Vadhaka wrote:However I thank you for your trust.
Safe journey, Brother.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Into The Mists

Drawing the shadows about him like a cloak, Vadhaka’s corporeal form pressed briefly against the imposing barrier of mist before fading through it. He focused all of his not inconsiderable power into a bright blade of purpose in the darkness, to drive the need of his quest into the AllFather’s awareness.
Death To All Fanatics!
The AllFather
Servant of the Land

Post by The AllFather »

And so, shortly after Vadhaka Chorah stepped into the Mists for the salvation of Eiran, the gods waited for what would come, and braced themselves for salvation or destruction. The Mists writhed and boiled, like they had done long ago, tendrils slowly stretching over the seawaters.

On Eiran, throughout the lands and continents, among worshipers of all gods, mortals of all ages slowly seemed to fall into a trance, their voices speaking in unison in what seemed like an omen of doom, repeating the prophecy of the end times that the gods themselves had helped fulfill:

"When three are born of divine blood
Under moonshadow, and amber glows
On all the lands, death is denied
And from the snow, a blood-red rose
Is born to herald a coming storm

When weeping desert heeds the call
And what once was has never been
Alone in darkness, a child will cry
Bereft of life, love, lore and kin
And at his cry, the land will fall

Beneath the ocean's silent waves
Beneath the rolling haze's song
And all that was and could have been
Will lay at last where does belong
Whether on pedestals or graves."

Like a chant, over and over did they repeat the verses, rocking slowly back and forth, eyes unseeing, uncaring of others who tried to awaken them from the trance. Mortals throughout the world, and undead also, stopped their wars, their slaughters, their activities of peace or woe, and everywhere did the voice of prophecy echo, for mortals to hear.

For months the gods had interrogated themselves about the prophecy, about the fulfillment of each verse, wondering whether their actions had helped the prophecy continue its inexorable course, or if they had stalled it instead. Now those fateful words were repeated among mortals, and it seemed as if tortured Eiran itself spoke those words - either in promise or in agony.

The AllFather
Servant of the Land

Post by The AllFather »

All over Eiran, the prophecy of the end times was repeated over and over. It was not long until some among the priests and the common people understood what they were listening to, and how close the prophecy was to completion. Slowly, first as a trickle, then as a steady stream, those who were not in the grip of the trance flowed into the temples of their gods, or held gatherings to pray; as the end of the world echoed in the words of those who had fallen to the trance, the mortals and undead of Eiran raised their voices in prayer, chanting the name of their deities.

For three days, the prophecy was repeated, and each time, more people realized what was coming. But on the third day, those who had fallen into a trance spoke different words - in unison, they spoke of a plea made in a voice which reverberated through the world, and all who heard it knew it was the voice of a god.

"One of your children comes before you, driven by the need of your creation and the threats that it faces. I risk myself to seek your aid and advice AllFather, for while my brethren bicker and fight over corporeal power my brother Simjen writhes in cruel durance to a despicable foe who would break the world, either his own actions or by the actions fear of him and his words and works have driven my brethren to."

In temples and cities, amidst armies and refugees, all stood silent and entranced upon hearing the plea. For the passion and heart of a god was in it, and no mortal in Eiran had ever heard such. Throughout the world all knew they were standing before something solemn, something which commanded silence; they were listening to the words of gods, and privileged in doing so.

"AllFather I beseech you. The time of the prophecy vouchsafed to my followers by you seems at hand. Portents, omens and harbingers of destruction are all around us. I first meant to come before you to seek an end to the threats that Erian faces. And I seek that still. I seek to inure us against these outside threats. It matters little to me whether one faction or another rules or is more powerful. But it matters to me that the world endure."

Here and there, among the mortals, a wail echoed from those who realized that gods themselves could fear, and that speculation upon the prophecy had turned into reality.

"And far more than that even, far more indeed, it matters that my brother, husband to my sister, son of my father's friend, be set free and the threat of the World Breaker at least be ended.

Eiran cannot long endure the bitter remains of his work and the work of those forces which seek the destruction thereof through malice or mere power.

I beseech you therefore…how may I save my brother and end the threats of a hostile and uncaring universe that Eiran faces? If we are to be destroyed, let us at least be responsible for our own actions. I am no warrior AllFather. I am the dagger in the night. The shadow that is cast by the starlight. Combat is ill-suited to me yet stealth is my strength.

Guide me AllFather. Whatever the cost to myself, I would save my brother and protect Erian."

The voice fell silent, and the mortals of Eiran found themselves kneeling as well, so powerful the passion, so impassioned the plea. Tears flowed down the cheeks of many of them, and even the most battle-hardened ones felt fear creeping up in their hearts, awaiting the judgment they now knew would be coming. Awaiting the words that would seal the fate of the world, for better or worse - even as the gods themselves waited in their heavens, knowing that their destiny, too, would soon be decided.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

...ah brother...you did go with what we discussed...and I know not how many others counseled you...

I hope it is a strong enough reason.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Well spoken, Vadhaka. Well spoken, indeed.

Your words touched my heart deeply and conveyed all I would have wanted to say but would have been unable to utter, so deep my grief.
Hedra Iren
Stonedownor

Post by Hedra Iren »

My husband's wisdom has always moved me, but never so much as now in his choice of naming you friend. I speak for Simjen's people when I say we do not cry out in fear, but with fists raised. None among the dwarrow and giants, and certainly not myself, would hesitate to sacrifice our lives if it meant Simjen's return.

Best of luck, Brother.
O, brothers! let us leave the shame and sin Of taking vainly in a plaintive mood, The holy name of Grief--holy herein, That, by the grief of One, came all our good.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
The AllFather
Servant of the Land

Post by The AllFather »

And after a lifetime, or so it seemed to those who waited, both fearfully and hopefully, for the judgment, those who had spoken before spoke anew, and the voice echoed not just in the ears, but in the hearts of all who listened.

"I have watched Eiran and the struggles of my children since the first of you entered my new world. Some there are who always seek to mar and destroy that which should bring wonder and joy. But some there are, such as you and your brother, my first-born Simjen, who would sacrifice all they have, all I have given them, for the sake of the world.

It is because of you, and those like you, that I have once spoken to Simjen and given him a message. And it is upon your shoulders to redeem that message. You could have asked me to wipe out the evil that afflicts my world of Eiran. You could have asked me to eject those who would remake it in their image. You could have asked me power, like once before my children asked of me. Yet you choose to ask only counsel, guidance, and help against that which is none of your doing.

The World Breaker is aptly named. His coming, not his actions, has broken the world more than he could have ever done. And even in the face of his dreadful power, I have seen my children unbroken, fighting to the last breath if need be, never surrendering. Even when Simjen fell, he fell triumphantly, for he did not yield, not even when the fateful moment arrived for him.

I once spoke to him in these same Mists. I told him that he or she who would come for the third time would herald the end of the world. I sent you, of all my children, a message, guidance through the dark times I saw ahead. But despite all your efforts, the prophecy has come to pass.

Three children born of three gods, and an amber doom that threatens the lands. A dead dwarrow child sheltering a lonely rose, and a call to the World Breaker himself from the depths of a desert. Time undone, and a child - lost in confusion and darkness, bereft of knowledge, seeking ways to fulfill the love for his world - crying my name. A new land sinks beneath the silent waves.

The signs are fulfilled, my child. It should be time to draw the curtain on this world of Eiran, but you have come, and you bring with you the blessing of all of my children, and this is what I have sought all along.

Heed me, then, my child - heed the words and judgment of the AllFather..."
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I said nothing, Brother Vadhaka, when we learned you intended to go into the mists, because I knew your Wisdom and Heart would be all the counsel you would need. Well done!

*bows deeply*
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
The AllFather
Servant of the Land

Post by The AllFather »

Silence hung heavy throughout Eiran, in temples and in battlefields, as those last words faded into echoes... and mortal and god alike waited for the judgment of the AllFather.

Time stretched as those who had fallen into a trance stood silent. Who can know what eternities pass in the Mists, between one breath and another? And then, even as expectations grew unbearable, the Voice spoke again.

"The World Breaker is a danger born of the world, and any one of my children of Eiran could have become as he has become, spending an eternity in the void. He is a god of violation, a breaker of Laws, a shatterer of Truths. All that cannot be done, he does; he violates the rules of the world itself.

Yet he is not the only hurt Eiran suffers. An aspect of the Prime that should sleep stalks the halls of my world, bringing destruction in his wake. And others have flocked to his banner, and rent the world asunder. Countless children dead, and the world itself threatened by that which should never been allowed by a keeper of Time.

Thus, heed my words, my child, for if you ask me to intervene, to stretch my hand and heal Eiran of its illness, I shall heal it of all ills, grant it time to recuperate - I shall
interdict this world of Eiran to all gods and goddesses, for a time. I shall expel not only the World Breaker, but all who exist in Eiran, your brethren, those who do evil and those who do good, those who destroy and those who create. For no less shall I stretch my hand, for the World Breaker and all others are children of Eiran, and I shall heal my world of all ills, or none at all.

Once, long ago, my child Solus understood that there are some hurts in the world that can only be healed by time. Time in which the gods should not interfere in the affairs of mortals. This is what I shall grant my world - respite - should you ask of me that I free my first-born Simjen and eject the World Breaker.

To this I would add a boon, for you have come for a selfless reason. If such will be your choice, before speaking the
interdiction I shall allow each of you, dark and light alike, to bestow a last gift to the people of Eiran. This much I shall allow, before granting my world the healing it requires. In a time yet to come, I shall remove the interdiction and allow new gods to enter Eiran - yes, and old gods too, should they choose to return, yet bind themselves to the rules I will establish.

Thus, my child, now the choice is yours, and yours alone. Shall I stretch my hand and heal Eiran of ALL ills, or shall you, on behalf of your brethren, accept the burden of facing the World Breaker and the gods who bring darkness?"
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

The AllFather wrote:or shall you, on behalf of your brethren, accept the burden of facing the World Breaker and the gods who bring darkness?"
I will follow you into battle, Vadhaka Chorah. I know I am a proud man, but I would not see someone else solve my problems for me. Let us end this, as warriors do. For even though you fight in the dark, and I the day, we are both warriors.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Vadhaka, my Brother,

For what it's worth, you have my blessing either way. I know that you will choose from your Heart, and I know your Heart to be good. And either path is my victory. If you choose one way, we are all barred from Eiran, and it heals. I could not ask for a better future for my followers. I have sought nothing but the safety of my followers all along. I need not be with them to be happy beyond words for them. My Heart would burst with Joy every day at the thought that they are well.

Or, we continue with out struggles, and we safeguard the world from those among us who want pain and horror. A more difficult path, to be sure, but one of Honor and Love. If you feel we cannot ask the Allfather to do our work for us, I am content. Like our fathers, we will fight the good fight! :D

Do as you will, without fear or reluctance.

*bows*
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Wise words, my beloved husband.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I am concerned that a 'last gift' of mine would not be enough to cleanse Eiran's oceans of the spreading poison.

If I can get an assurance that any last gift can utilize blessings from the domains of other gods -from The Goddess of Mutation, The God of Nature and Love, The Weaver, and the God of Healing, then I would feel less concern.

Undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Moxinomal,

I do not believe Vadhaka will ask the Allfather for an Interdiction. I believe the we will continue our struggles, so we must discuss things.

I cannot think of a more perfect world than one where all inhabitants follow the ways of Love. Who among us would not want all to turn to them?

However, I have not taken any steps to try to make this a reality. I believe the world will see the glory that Shakari is becoming, and be unable to resist. All will turn to me, where their children can grow in Love and Peace and Safety.

OK, it might not work out that way. :lol: But that's ok. I Love those who follow me, and do not begrudge those who do not. Choice is everything.

You, on the other hand, have a completely different approach. You have attacked the entire world! You have revealed yourself to be the greatest enemy of Eiran. No other deity has so much as attempted to harm everyone. You not only attempted, but succeeded. You have acted in a way that not only prevented a stronger Eiran in the face of an extraordinarily powerful foe, but caused untold numbers of followers of other deities to, by default, follow you. Choiceless, they are Mad. Choiceless, they give you Power. (Of course, you don't receive Power from the many who have died. But that's not a particularly good defense for you to fall back on.)

Truly a remarkable effort. Hideously evil, but admirably successful. You have caused an amazing number of deaths! They, of course, are the lucky ones. The Madness goes on, and the survivors visit horror upon each other.

Jove and I spent a combined 12 DRP's fixing a problem that, while not entirely your fault, you were largely responsible for. Now, I must spend another 4 to resolve only the worst single aspect of my problems. In this case, the problems are entirely your doing. I am sure you have felt the Madness and Insanity that grips two of my cities, and my elemental.

You have caused massive harm to many, and some have already made you pay dearly. Perhaps they are done, perhaps not. However, I offer you another option. My deal is this: I will not spend any more Power repairing the harm you have caused; you will. (Of course, the deaths that have already resulted cannot be repaired. Your work there cannot be undone.) You will send 4 DRP's to the deity of my choice. I will tell you which deity in private when we are closer to the deadline.

You will take the Oath of the Allfather - here, publically - that you will do this, to insure that I will not get results, and find that you did nothing.

I am aware that you only have 4 DRP's, as well are a Crisis of Faith. If you need DRP's to get you through these difficult times, you can borrow them from your allies. They are powerful. If you had not acted against the entire world, you would not be in this position, so please don't *cough* whine about it. Those who find value in you will surely help you survive.

In return, I will let the entire matter go. Yes, I will know the kinds of things you are capable of, but I will not bother you again about the Screech. Until you act against Shakari or my followers in Landir, or harm them through another global attack, I will not act against you.

Of course, it is not entirely to your liking. You would much rather damage the world as much as you can, then go about your business. But it hasn't worked out that way, has it? I think my offer has merit. At the least, it means you need not concern yourself over me. And possibly better, it would show the Pantheon that you are willing to make reparations. Which is better than having them finish the job of killing you.

Deadline is not for another week, so you have some time to think things over.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

BAH! I ORDERED the Screech ... if you have a problem ... it is with me!! A 9 DRP god threatening my 4 DRP vassal. How brave. Try your luck with ME, whining godling!!

Return to “Pantheon”