Yup masters of BS ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

But somehow Orange Man Bad is so much worse?

Messiah Obama engaged in a drone war. Liberals kept their silence.
Trump keeps trying to move troops out of useless wars and liberals are now pro war.

See the disconnect?
Last edited by sgt.null on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

He has a front and centre presence at the minute Null.

And he has demonstrated his "worse"ness.

tbh is he the worst?

I dunno. There have been few that I can recall that have come close. I mean W came across like a 5th grader at times .. he wasn't all that articulate .. but even he pales in comparison.

There are a lot of Trump apologists at work trying to normalise his mornonic .. and tell us .. oh he didn't mean WW2 he really meant WW1 OR .. oh he was just joking when he said x or y.

And you know what if it was an exception .. no one would have issue with him ... but the sad reality is that its not. Its his norm.

And as for lies and misinformation .. yeah sure all pollies lie and misinform .. but this guy is dangerous with it.

Telling the US public that children dont transmit COVID ... telling the US that the virus is under control, will disappear in summer. The sunlight will kill it .. was one too I think he came out with.

The guy is a loose cannon .. and worse also a raging moron, and to make things even worse a narcissist .. which means he does not listen to his advisors, meaning that he posts petty knee jerk reactionary tweets, and meaning that he thinks he is indeed a "stable genius" .. he genuinely believes that to be true.

AND thats the most dangerous kind of narcissist .. one that occupies the WhiteHouse .. has the power and influence of a POTUS.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

you are correct. Having a smooth operator like Obama who lied to us constantly is much better?

As to Covid, whatever Trump might say he has listened to the medical experts since the beginning.

It was Pelosi, Cuomo and Biden who criticized Trump's travel ban as racist. Pelosi and Cuomo invited large groups to visit their cities.

So the person who trips over his tongue but acts on what the experts say to do? Or the ones who put us in danger but reflexively do the opposite of what Orange Man says?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Sarge, some of that is a stretch.

Absolutely, in the earliest days, when the virus was new and the extent of the threat was a relatively closely-held national security secret, the travel restrictions were criticized as racist. To what extent that was lack of awareness of the threat vs. politicization is something I surely don't know. It was early; much was still unknown. Do you have any more recent examples of opposing prudent measures?

What I can clearly see is that while you say "whatever Trump might say he has listened to the medical experts since the beginning" it is equally valid to say "however much Trump has listened to the medical experts, from the beginning, his public pronouncements have been less-than-focused on those key public health precautions which the medical experts keep reiterating."

Instead, he advocates for quack cures and imprudent haste in dismissing the danger. Unacceptable.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

And incredibly dangerous.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

SD - the most recent example is vp/p nominee complaining about where is the vaccine as if somehow Trump is holding up a cure.

And the leftists jump on every change in course as if Trump has been up in the air about masks. The experts have had different statements on madks depending on if they wanted to hoard them at the time.

Trump certainly did not tell Cuomo not to re-up his states supply of ppe. And he certainly did not tell Cuomo to put the sick elderly patients back into nursing homes.

Trump mobilized a hospital ship to NYC ahead of schedule. He got companies to manufacture ppe. Trump has been arguing against having our manufacturing overseas from before he was ever a candidate for president. Trump has sounded the alarm on Chins for a long time. Trump has been trying to get rid of over regulation that would hold up a of this.

And his quack cure? The medicine I cant spell. But I have no idea why the left and the medis is so mobilized against it. I want to think they wouldn't want people sick and dying to deny Trump a win on that. But the anti-malaria drug has been around for decades. The left is so hysterical in their reporting on it.

What I see is Trump acted on the experts advice and was called a racist. And now Biden and company pretend that they called the alarm earlier than even Trump did.

I see Pelosi and the leftists in Congress pass one relief bill filled with tons of pork. Then they refuse to act on another bill. So when Trump signs some EO's they howl in protest. Something they did not do when Messiah Obama signed EO's.

I see Democrats claim any gathering of conservatives as spreading Covid. But many more leftists rioting does not spread the virus.

I see Democrats desperately trying to keep the economy shut down, lecturing Americans that they are selfish for needing to pay the rent or buy groceries.

And you wonder why someone like me, who did not vote for Trump, would be willing to vote for him this time out. Not for any great love for him mind you. But to keep Democrats out of power.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

"as if Trump has been up in the air about masks"

I can give Trump the benefit of the doubt in the earliest stages of the virus .. cuz it was something we really didn't have a good handle on.

It would be unreasonable to berate him for early stage ignorance cuz we were all in the same boat .. re ignorance.

But Trump didn't get ahead of the virus when he had the advice that he should have acted upon.

Talking the virus down, setting a very poor personal example, in his anti-mask like positioning. When the nation needed leadership he failed to provide it and is still failing to provide it.

Banging on about Obama .. is irrelevant at this juncture imv.

And as far as COVID spread .. gatherings are a risk. If you are gathering outdoors, the risk is lower, if you are masked it is lower again .. if you can maintain social distancing it is lower again.

The BLM protesters for the most part are wearing masks at least.

Take a look at the footage of Trump rallies and there are no masks to be seen .. Herman Cain was one of the unfortunates who died of COVID and was photographed not wearing a mask in a stadium sitting right next to a bunch of people.

But hey hes just one guy that sadly for him contracted COVID and then died. One less Trump supporter.

You'd think Trump would want to safeguard his supporters.

Yes I do wonder why you would think that is a better way forward?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

BLM rioters were wearing masks?

Herman Cain was older.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Skyweir wrote::LOLS:

"as if Trump has been up in the air about masks"

I can give Trump the benefit of the doubt in the earliest stages of the virus .. cuz it was something we really didn't have a good handle on.

It would be unreasonable to berate him for early stage ignorance cuz we were all in the same boat .. re ignorance.

But Trump didn't get ahead of the virus when he had the advice that he should have acted upon.

Talking the virus down, setting a very poor personal example, in his anti-mask like positioning. When the nation needed leadership he failed to provide it and is still failing to provide it.

Banging on about Obama .. is irrelevant at this juncture imv.

And as far as COVID spread .. gatherings are a risk. If you are gathering outdoors, the risk is lower, if you are masked it is lower again .. if you can maintain social distancing it is lower again.

The BLM protesters for the most part are wearing masks at least.

Take a look at the footage of Trump rallies and there are no masks to be seen .. Herman Cain was one of the unfortunates who died of COVID and was photographed not wearing a mask in a stadium sitting right next to a bunch of people.

But hey hes just one guy that sadly for him contracted COVID and then died. One less Trump supporter.

You'd think Trump would want to safeguard his supporters.

Yes I do wonder why you would think that is a better way forward?
I agree -- Obama is irrelevant here. This is about Trump and Trump alone.

He did fail to take this seriously until recently, and only just recently told people to wear masks. This is after months of saying it is just like the cold/flu and was downplaying its severity...yet he also wanted people to know that he shut down international traffic in order to stop the spread of it. It can't be both. Either it's serious or its not.

He's publicly humiliated and has gone to lengths to undermine his task force experts. He has talked all kinds of shit about Dr. Fauci despite being the one who appointed him. He has bullied Dr. Fauci into appeasing him, case in point being when Dr. Fauci said it would not be safe to vote in November yet now is suddenly saying it is 100% safe.

There was a poll recently where something like one-third of Americans said they would NOT get the COVID vaccine when it becomes available. Most of the people in the "I will not" crowd were Republican-leaning.

Many Republicans are anti-vax and anti-mask. Why is this? The GOP has a reputation for being the party of uneducated people.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
ur-Nanothnir wrote:[...]

He did fail to take this seriously until recently, and only just recently told people to wear masks. This is after months of saying it is just like the cold/flu and was downplaying its severity...yet he also wanted people to know that he shut down international traffic in order to stop the spread of it. It can't be both. Either it's serious or its not.

[...]
Tru dat.

Regarding the travel restrictions, seems to me that he saw the "Dempanic" as a timely opening to do what he planned to do from the git-go. Seen thusly in retrospect, 'twas a case of his racist border-policy impulses coincidentally intersecting reason and decency.

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. 🐕🌤️

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Many Republicans are anti-vax and anti-mask. Why is this? The GOP has a reputation for being the party of uneducated people.
It would be more correct to say that the Republicans push an Anti-intellectualism ideology.

Don't trust the smart people.

That comes in very handy when the smart people start pointing out why the Republicans' positions are so incredibly bad.

As every nutcase conspiracy theorist since Rome has figured out.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

That is such a concerning trend isn't it? This anti-intellectual ideology.

And lols Wos
Wos wrote:Even the sun shines on a dog's ass
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Anti-vaxxers are a very slim minority in the Republican Party. Republicans are not anti-intellectual, either, only anti-"the Federal Government thinking it can tell people how to live their lives". Those of you who wish to do so may roll over and let other people control your lives; that is your choice, but that does not mean that other people have to make the same choice.

If churches and bars are forbidden from being open because they amount to too many people being in one place at one time, then mass protests must also be forbidden for the same reason.

Again, the response to corona is up to State Governors, not the POTUS.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Orange Man Bad. It defies logic.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

sgt.null wrote:Orange Man Bad.
Indisputably. By every conceivable measure. Based on the facts.

After literally stoking the coronavirus pandemic, Trump is now dismantling the USPS, the only means of safely legally voting during the pandemic. As per usual, Trump has accidentally admitted it's all a political calculation to favor himself. [link] [link]

He's admitted it before. "If you ever agreed to it, you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again." [link]

This is based on facts. "Several polls have shown that Trump voters are likely to cast their ballot in person, while Biden voters are much more likely to vote by mail." Disrupting voting by mail suppresses the Democratic vote. Trump wants to disrupt voting by mail for no legitimate reason. Q.E.D.

That's very bad. Bad enough for intelligent, rational, thoughtful people to determine that the Orange Man is bad.
I am SURE that Obi-wan Nihilo will condemn this comment as SOON as he possibly can because he said "When you have no argument, and/or are looking to eliminate dissent, step one is to come out of the gate marginalizing your opposition," -- and I am sure he doesn't want to be proven a hypocrite at the first opportunity for him to put his money where his mouth is. Sure, he never condemned you for all the OTHER times you've said this, sarge, but hey, now he's put his foot in it.
Last edited by wayfriend on Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

wayfriend wrote:
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Many Republicans are anti-vax and anti-mask. Why is this? The GOP has a reputation for being the party of uneducated people.
It would be more correct to say that the Republicans push an Anti-intellectualism ideology.

Don't trust the smart people.

That comes in very handy when the smart people start pointing out why the Republicans' positions are so incredibly bad.
If that's all the "smart people" are doing, then they really aren't that smart at all.

Hey... how about the "smart people" tell us why their positions are good... how they are an improvement?

Or is the the only way in which Dems are able define their existence simply that "We're not Pubs"? How depressing is that? This seems increasingly likely though, as the following shows yet again...
wayfriend wrote:
Indisputably. By every conceivable measure. Based on the facts.
That may well be true, if only because "bad" is a relative term. BUT precisely how does this tell someone... anyone... that Biden and the Dems would be better?

Endlessly yelling nothing but "Everything's shit at the moment!" is in fact not smart in the least. It's facile and trite - it is literally and absolutely no more than the much-quoted "OMB" (and very much in the same utterly banal vein as Hillary's "deplorables" before that).

Perhaps the Dems could give the long-suffering US electorate just a little bit... even just a taster... of why "SMG"? (That's "Senile Man Good" for the uninformed...).

God but the clueless Dems piss me off. In four years all they've been able to come up with is to shift their messaging from:-

a) "If you vote for Trump, you're either moronic or immoral or both." (2016)

to

b) "Vote for us because we're not Trump." (2020)

For fuck's sakes... is that REALLY the only justification and raison d'etre that the Dems can come up with??? That's as disgracefully incompetent as it is tragic.
Last edited by TheFallen on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Anti-vaxxers are a very slim minority in the Republican Party. Republicans are not anti-intellectual, either, only anti-"the Federal Government thinking it can tell people how to live their lives". Those of you who wish to do so may roll over and let other people control your lives; that is your choice, but that does not mean that other people have to make the same choice.

If churches and bars are forbidden from being open because they amount to too many people being in one place at one time, then mass protests must also be forbidden for the same reason.

Again, the response to corona is up to State Governors, not the POTUS.
Anti-vaxxers being the minority in the GOP voter base? Sure, I believe that. However, I would hesitate to say that it is a "slim minority," however.

From my experience, anti-vaxxers are surprisingly common. Many people I've met who were anti-vaxxers tended to be Republican-leaning types.

"I know what's good for my child, not the government and their dangerous vaccines."

I would further argue that the anti-mask sentiment, which also seems to trend with the anti-vaccine sentiment, isn't at all uncommon among Republican voters. Are they a majority? Perhaps not. I can name several confirmed Republican voters that I know in real life who believe that people who refuse to wear masks during the pandemic are knuckle-dragging morons. I can also name several Republican voters I know in real life who refuse to wear masks and very likely believe that vaccines are dangerous.

In fact, most Republican voters I know in real life don't wear masks to public gatherings unless there is a state-wide mandate.

Everytime I drive by the local Moose Lodge, its parking lot is always full of cars. I really doubt those old codgers are practicing social distancing and mask-wearing while inside.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

wayfriend wrote:
I am SURE that Obi-wan Nihilo will condemn this comment as SOON as he possibly can because he said "When you have no argument, and/or are looking to eliminate dissent, step one is to come out of the gate marginalizing your opposition," -- and I am sure he doesn't want to be proven a hypocrite at the first opportunity for him to put his money where his mouth is. Sure, he never condemned you for all the OTHER times you've said this, sarge, but hey, now he's put his foot in it.
Wow, you think about me much more than I think about you.

Obi-wan Nihilo: Living Rent-Free in Wayfriend's Head Since 2010.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I can list of a number of accomplishments of President Trump over the last 4 years.

What have the Democrats done in that time?

Oh and on the anti-vacc. I get my vaccinations each year and I only know a few people (on both sides of the political spectrum) that don't. I will say that I will not be the guinea pig for the corona vaccine. So don't expect me to be lining up any time soon for that. I also suspect it will be a flu like vaccination that has to be gotten each year to be effective.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Return to “Coercri”