Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Vynarkus wrote:Vynarkus looks at Laurel. then he nods. "Ah, of course! I never told you! I worked out a few of those things. You can activate it an infinate number of times a day, and I believe it is a regualr invisibility spell, cast by the weakest person who can, so it should last three minutes, then wear off automatically."

Good to know...
Vynarkus wrote:Also, your music will not stop the spell, nor make it immediately obvious where you are, beyond a general direction. Also, people not used to fighting invisible creatures should miss you entirely about half the time even if they guess the general area (square) you are in."

Should miss you entirely about half the time. hmm...
Vynarkus wrote:Finally, should you attack, you will be far more accurate, since they cannot dodge in any way. All in all, even if you attack immediately, it is still useful to turn invisible before entering battle."
He has a point.
Still
... as she rubs the hilt of her dagger.
Vynarkus wrote:"I don't know if you can deactivate it voluntarily, but it only lasts three minutes, so that is not much of a problem. If you really want to, just try willing it, or take out the earring."
The bard regards the warlock with a long steady stare. "Thank you, Vynarkus. This gives me some more possibilities to contemplate."

*bows*
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Seven Words wrote:Skyseeker looks at the tracks, and points at something...."The tracks of the others obscured this ere now, but look...here are bear tracks as well. The zombies are being marched along in an attempt to have their tracks obscure those of the bear."
Led kneels down to inspect the tracks. Then scans the ground further and spots something. He picks up a twig, and uses it to lift up a feather. "This looks like an owl feather." He snifs it, and drops it to the ground. Ahead another couple spaces, he lifts a fragment of something else, snifs it and makes a face.

Turning to Skyseeker, he holds up the scrap of fur. "Owlbear, maybe? I think it's also dead... or undead. Smells like old and rotten, anyway."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"An owlbear, aye. a fearsome enough enemy, now undead. Zombies are scarce affected by arrows and similar attacks. Led and I shall be of much less use here, as they have no vulnerable points for us to strike. But their master, now.....I would suggest Led, Laurel, and I seek to slay him, whilst the rest of you deal with the zombies, as blasts and axe-strikes are of undiminished effect."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Looking at the two scouts, the bard feels suddenly even more out of her element. "An Owlbear? Luck of the draw, tell me. What is an Owlbear?"

Turning towards Skyseeker, again fingering the hilt of her blade, she continues, "And why would Led or I be of less use against zombies? Do not Led's claws slash in a most effective way?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"They slash, aye...but our ability to strike on the move, finding weak points is null against undead."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As your path comes around a promontory of strangely out of place granite, you see your foes ahead of you...

/ooc--map is up...

Initiative

Led--23
Skyseeker--21
Necromancer--18
Vynarkus--17
Barak--14
Marrik--12
Zombies--7
Owlbear Zombie--6
Laurel--5
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Focusing her intent on activating the earring of Invisibilty, the bard whispers "Barxonas!" and vanishes from sight.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The undead all turn and commence to shambling towards you.

The necromancer begins to cast a spell.

/ooc--PM with spellcraft results for successful rolls..if you get nothing, you failed.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led does nothing except sprint forward, though at an angle to the south, so he can move around the zombies without engaging. The necromancer is far enough away that the scouts will need to race for quite some time before they get there.

[ooc] - Run action (4x movement, straight line) - Using MS Paint, I drew a straight line and then moved 32 spaces (every other diagonal is 2 spaces). This ends up being:
West 29 squares
South 7 squares

West 2 - Total: 02
Southwest 1 - Total: 03
West 2 - Total: 05
Southwest 1 (counts as 2) - Total: 07
West 3 - Total: 10
Southwest 1 - Total: 11
West - Total: 13
Southwest 1 (counts as 2) - Total: 15
West 4 - Total: 19
Southwest 1 - Total: 20
West 4 - Total: 24
Southwest 1 (counts as 2) - Total: 26
West 2 - Total: 28
Southwest 1 - Total: 29
West 3 - Total: 32
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus looks at the necromancer, and grimaces.

"Guys, I have no idea what he is casting, but he already has the spell Shield active on himself. He'll be immune to Magic Missles Barak."

Vynarkus then draws the double-bladed sword while attempting to get into a position where he has a clear shot at either the bugbear zombie or the necromancer. If he cannot get a clear shot at either one, he uses a regular Eldritch spear on a zombie. If he can hit them, he attacks the one available with an eldritch spear and attempts to channel the sword's power along it. He attacks the necromancer if both are available.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

SKyseeker mirrors Led, save she moves to take teh northern side.

Marrik heads straight ahead intending to simply hew his way through the zombies, as light cuts through darkness, carving a path to the necromancer.

/ooc--just waiting on Barak's action to update map and get on to next round....:)
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Post by Barak Windblown »

ooc: I'm sorry, all. Hella weekend at work. Ahh, but enough of me bitching, if Laurel will pardon my French...

" 'Ware his arrows!" Barak shouts, "He casts Flame upon them!"

As he speaks, Barak reaches frantically into his small satchel, removing a weathered scroll from inside. "Marrik, Come here! This will protect you for a time."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led sprints, covering an amazing amount of ground quickly, maneuvering to the southern flank of the undead formation

Skyseeker duplicates this feat to the north.

The necromancer is now recognizable as half-elven, and completes his spell....a flickering nimbus of flame is visible around the arrows now discernible in his quiver, as he unlimbers his shortbow in preparation for next round.

The necromancer's protections very nearly fend off Vynarkus' blue-wreathed blast, but prove inadequate to this well-aimed strike. ( 7 points + 3 points cold---10 points total)

Barak casts Protection from Arrows upon Marrik, who promptly sprints off in a meager effort to duplicate Sky and Led, save he proceeds straight down the road at the undead. His armor limits him to a mere half their speed.

The zombies all march forwards downt he road.

The undead Owlbear is kept back to protect its master from the swift scouts.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

With the owlbear standing where it is, Led can't get a clear run at the necromancer for a charge. So, he slows his pace a bit, in order to maneuver better, and jogs around the owlbear to the rear of the necromancer. This should set him up nicely to make a charge in a moment.

Move 8 squares west, move 5 squares northwest (two of those cost 2).
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus heaves a sigh of relief as he manages to penetrate the Sheild, then grits his teeth as he repeats the attack.
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Barak takes a step south, towards Vynarkus, improving his view of the Owlbear. Then he draws forth power, sending it flashing towards the magical creature.

ooc: Move one square south and cast Magic Missile at the Owlbear
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led maneuvers to get a clear line on the half-elf...

Sky closes in from the north, hurling a flaming javelin on her final steps....but this time his magics protect him, the fiery missile plunging into the turf a few feet shy.

The half-elf barks out orders...the undead owlbear starts to turn to close on Led, while 2 zombies orient on Skyseeker. He proceeds to incant a spell...he finishes and his image starts to Blur]

Vynarkus unleashes another cold-infused blast...this one goes wide of the indistinct target.

Barak sends a pair of mystic projectiles down the road, unerring in their aim, gouging small craters in the rotting flesh of the reanimated beast. (8 points)

Marrik waits..letting the zombies shamble closer...he is clearly preparing himself for another headlong charge

The zombies continue their trudging advance, eerily silent...and Marrik plows into them like an avalanche, axe blade flashing in the fading light. (11 points) The corpse deanimates as it is brutally hacked, and the paladin smoothly continues his swing into the next undead horror (7 points)

The zombies charge at Skyseeker, attempting to bludgeon her with clumsy slam attacks....the lithe elf avoids them with almost contemptuous ease.

The undead owlbear charges Led. one massive paw swipes at the scout, deeply scoring him. (7 points)
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus groans as his attack misses, and decides that the combined protections are too much for him.

he launches another "cold-infused" blast, but at the Owlbear zombie this time. Unless someone else finishes it first, in which case he just attacks the necromancer again.
Barak Windblown
Woodhelvennin

Barak casts again, sending another pair of magic missiles at the Owlbear.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led winces at the pain, and then shifts to his beastial form. He snarls and dodges around the Owlbear, running over to the necromancer then clawing him.

First turn shifted.
Move:NW,NW,N,E,E,E (charge)
Claw / Claw attack.
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”