Burnt Out

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Despiser, you were not even in the running for the troll academy award. Sorry, I know it's gutting, but there have been others who have just displayed more troll-like symptoms.

;)

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The feature I was talking about... I've seen it on other boards (like chuckpalahniuk.net). Basically, if you're tired of looking at somebody's posts and can't fight the temptation of reading them, you can choose to ignore that person, maybe even that person's IP. instead of seeing the blocked person's posts, you see a message saying something along the lines "You have blocked this user... yada yada" where the post would be. I've never used it (personally, I think trolls can be fun... though I haven't seen anything I'd consider a troll here... however, if you do choose not to ignore, remember, don't feed the trolls), but it would be better (easier and faster for non-admins if anything) than banning.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I had not heard of the before, Syl. Indeed, perhaps that might be easier on the admins than having to ban people?
Love as thou wilt.

Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

Hail Sly. Stone and Sea this is the first that I've read on this topic and I agree with the Giant's axiom... joy is in the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.

I can see how it can be annoying. I've got my own board to monitor/moderate and I see the same problems.

You've got friends here and it's obvious. Sooo do what is best for thee and returneth to us. For we doth love your posts/insights/replies/dissections.... bla bla bla's and everything else.

Hail!

;)
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”