2014 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Steeler's get beat by the Jets??? Go figure. Any given Sunday.

Detroit breaks the Falcons curse and gets a win against Miami.

9'rs take one away from the Saints.

Cards look really good. Give a 50 mil contract to Carson who 4 hours later gets a season ending ACL injury. Wow.

GB looked great against Chicago after dropping one to the Saints last week.

Seahawks destroyed the G-men.

Falcons broke their losing streak but its a win against the Bucs. Amazingly with the Saints losing, and the Falcons winning, the Falcons are only one game out in the division.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Saints actually win the game on a Hail Mary, refs take away win on iffy push-off.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:Saints actually win the game on a Hail Mary, refs take away win on iffy push-off.
I agree. There wasn't much there to call.

But Coaches will always say "we cant make excuses for letting it come down to a Hail Mary to try to win a game". There are questionable calls every year, some are game changers. It sucks when you are on the receiving end of one.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Saints actually win the game on a Hail Mary, refs take away win on iffy push-off.
I don't know about that. If you're saying "he didn't really push very hard/it didn't really affect the catch much/they should just let them play" you may be correct...

But it clearly WAS a push as the rule is written, and it was a must call according to the NFL's current policies/enforcement priorities in re receivers and defenders.

My shocker this week: Mark Sanchez didn't completely suck! We'll see how it holds up against better competition, and if he can become consistent which was always his biggest problem. Still...Sanchez didn't suck!
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I always thought that Sanchez was better than he showed, but the Jets are/were a circus.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Vraith wrote:
SoulBiter wrote:
I don't know about that. If you're saying "he didn't really push very hard/it didn't really affect the catch much/they should just let them play" you may be correct...

But it clearly WAS a push as the rule is written, and it was a must call according to the NFL's current policies/enforcement priorities in re receivers and defenders.

My shocker this week: Mark Sanchez didn't completely suck! We'll see how it holds up against better competition, and if he can become consistent which was always his biggest problem. Still...Sanchez didn't suck!
After watching the video on this, it was a blatant pass interference. Both players were in a position to make a play on the ball and Graham shoves the other player away and then catches the pass.

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426927 ... en-flagged
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

la-la-la-la can't hear you.

:)

Saints ain't winning the Super Bowl this year regardless of one game.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

No one in the NFC south is. However it is fun (for as long as it lasts) for the Falcons to be leading the Division.

Now if we can just beat Cleveland.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:No one in the NFC south is. However it is fun (for as long as it lasts) for the Falcons to be leading the Division.
Probably said before, I can't be a Falcons fan...but I have a weak spot for them to win when not playing teams/games where anything matters much to teams I DO like.
But NFC South is a freaking JOKE right now. Heh...my go to statistics guy said...though it's not likely to really happen...in one of the simulations the Panthers made the playoffs and won the division title with a 5-10-1 record!!

Different thing: Green Bay [my go-to team when my OTHER go-to teams are totally out of contention] is looking better.
And that matters to me so I can at least semi-root for someone. I hate flipping coins to decide cuz I really want BOTH teams to lose.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Much as I hate to admit it, Chiefs played a great game yesterday against the Hawks. The team that so often wins on their physical style of play, their fan's crowd noise, and the misery of their wet weather got a dose of their own from a team that matched/beat them physically, a crowd that forced false-starts from the noise, and bone-chilling cold weather.

Schedule isn't getting easier, either. Five of the next six are in-division, including next Sunday against the division-leading Cardinals (at least it's at home...) and then four days later, a Thanksgiving game at 49ers.

Go Hawks!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

what happened to the Steelers. Ben looked like a world-beater for a few games.

JJ Watt is an amazing athlete. maybe Mallet will prove to be the solution at QB?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote: maybe Mallet will prove to be the solution at QB?
I've been curious about what Mallet might be since he first entered the league. He's a monster, and his college work was pretty impressive, and Houston has some threats he can work with...could be interesting.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Vraith wrote:
sgt.null wrote: maybe Mallet will prove to be the solution at QB?
I've been curious about what Mallet might be since he first entered the league. He's a monster, and his college work was pretty impressive, and Houston has some threats he can work with...could be interesting.
and he has the incentive of playing for his next contract. does well and he could receive multiple huge offers. he is primed to set himself up. Houston has tools all around him. (Andre Johnson, Foster, Fiedorowicz, Hopkins)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Mike Smith needs to be fired. Thats two games he has cost us because he made poor Clock management decisions. It cost us in London and it cost us against the Browns.

As a fan this is the most disappointing loss of the year. Why you ask? Because that was a won game. Mike Smith, what are you thinking? You are in field goal range, you are 3rd and 2 and the clock is ticking. Why call time out? Then instead of run to burn time, You pass? If he had not called timeout, the Browns would have needed to burn one of theirs, then you run, the clock keeps ticking, they have to burn a second time out. Now you kick and they have one time out and 30 seconds.... Instead we give them 40 seconds and 3 time outs to burn. Then we go into full Zone and only rush with 3, giving the QB all day long to find someone open..... I have nothing good to say about that one... Hate losing won games.

I will be VERY surprised if the Mike Smith era isn't over and its overdue. When a team has this much talent and you cant find ways to win and you give away the ones you do win, you gotta go.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Mallet is out for the year. so much for that.

Saints lose and are tied with Atlanta at 4-7 for the South lead. wow.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

How about them Falcons beating the 9-2 Cardinals!!!

Of course it just figures the Saints win against the Steelers. Keeping pace with the Falcons. Falcons are division leaders but only because they won that first game against the Saints.

It gets harder from here, Packers, Steelers, Panthers, Saints. If by some miracle the Falcons beat the Packers, they have a legitimate shot at playoffs and a chance at the big game. If they can't, then even if they win the division, its one and out.

Saints have a easier schedule going forward, Panthers, Bears, Bucs, Falcons. They could run the table in the next 3 ending with a hard fought game with Atlanta at the Superdome, which always comes down to the wire and a few plays.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

well I have to say.... if the Falcons had a defense they would be a contender. GB is being touted as unstoppable and they looked it. I thought the GB game was done at halftime with GB winning by 20 at that time, but the Falcons still almost pulled off and upset and scored 30 points in the second half. Game deciders..Matty throwing an interception, and number 99 taking a cheap shot at Aaron Rodgers and getting a penalty that turned over a turn over. A winnable game.

Saints organization is in disarray. They looked horrible against the Panthers. Cam got hurt in a car accident and wont play this week.

Steelers looked great against the Bengals. Again.... momentum.... Andy Dalton mishandled a fake handoff and QB keeper play and dropped a ball, the Bengals never recovered from that and that gave life to the steelers who took it to the house.

Arizona somehow pulled one out against the Chiefs but without a better QB how will they do in the post season?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Well, I was rooting for GB not Atlanta...
But, starting in the 4th, I was rooting for Julio to get that receiving record.
Didn't work out...but he had a shot.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Arizona won again on Thursday Night Football. After losing to Atlanta everyone said they wouldnt win another game and they have now won 2 since then.

Falcons play the Steelers at home. This is the one the Falcons need to win. Expect another shootout. Falcons poor defense against the Steelers atrocious secondary with both Offenses throwing up points. This may again come down to who makes the first penalty or mistake that costs a turnover.

Return to “Sports”