11%
Several days a week
5%
Daily or almost daily
No votes

Total votes: 19

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

It sure does. And that's just from being more careful/aware of one area of the many. Convenience may be..well, covenient, but its expensive too.

Just a little extra effort can make a big difference.

--A
ur-bane
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ur-bane »

drew wrote: It's only been the last century or so, that we (as Humans) stopped caring for Mother Earth.
We don't really care how much damage we're doing, as long as we're comfortable for our short little stay.

It's so sad
I agree that we are destroying Mother Earth, but I don't agree that it is "only been the last century."
I think the attitude has always been the same, but now we have the technology to destroy it faster. It is more visible because it is happening on a larger scale.

We are our own worst enemy.

Just a little effort can make a big difference, Avatar. Raising awareness levels helps, but it still is up to the individuals to change, thus changing society as a whole.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want
to test a man's character, give him power.
--Abraham Lincoln

Excerpt from Animal Songs Never Written
"Hey, dad," croaked the vulture, "what are you eating?"
"Carrion, my wayward son."
"Will there be pieces when you are done?"
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Aye, unfortunately it is as individuals that we're probably most opposed to change.

Anything that threatens to complicate, or make slightly more difficult our lives, tends to get largely ignored by humans.

I agree that it's the effects of centuries that are being felt now, but that is largely because, as Drew suggests, the technology we have now is doing exponentially greater damage. Although we've been burning fossil fuels for millenia, it's only in the last century or two that it's been done on a scale massive enough to make obvious the ill effects.

By far the majority of the earths destruction has been accomplished in a relatively short time.

Return to “Coercri”