Illegal Aliens

Archive From The 'Tank
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

This is very interesting.

Forgive me but, I post an article about how illegal aliens came across the southern border with weapons, firing upon and forcing our border agents to retreat and no one even comments on it.

Do we not care that this happened? Our border agents were fired upon by men attempting to cross our border illegally (probably drug traffikers is my guess) and our government does nothing. I have heard no new report other than this article on this matter and it cannot even spark discussion in this forum.
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Try puppies. It seems to work ;)
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

:lol: :lol:

No kidding!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Jove, I think the issue is that no one's surprised by this. Our government has proven that it is unwilling/unable to deal with the illegal immigration issue.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Yes, I agree, Cail. How sad that we have become so de-sensitized to our own safety and our government won't do anything.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Jove wrote:This is very interesting.

Forgive me but, I post an article about how illegal aliens came across the southern border with weapons, firing upon and forcing our border agents to retreat and no one even comments on it.

Do we not care that this happened? Our border agents were fired upon by men attempting to cross our border illegally (probably drug traffikers is my guess) and our government does nothing. I have heard no new report other than this article on this matter and it cannot even spark discussion in this forum.
I say they ought to be shot in their tracks, especially if they fired first. I mean honestly, who could honestly blame the border patrol for shooting back at an armed invader? It borders on disgusting.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

You know as well as I do that there'd be riots everywhere if that happened.

That said, I agree with you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

You know as well as I do that there'd be riots everywhere if that happened.
Not here, If they shot at a person crossing the border who pulled a piece at them.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cail wrote:You know as well as I do that there'd be riots everywhere if that happened.

That said, I agree with you.
Yea, I know there would be complaints, I jsut don't understand why we tolerate the complaints and allow that minority to dictate our security policy. The average joe who would have no issue with it, I think far outweighs the small vocal minority that would see something wrong with it.
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

The second ammendment kind of becomes more and more important as the years go by. You'd think that the "progression" of society and cultural mores (sp?) would mean less need for self defense by the individual, and yet last summer driving through a town on the way home from work, I found myself slowly crawling through the gauntlet of america hating people, walking past cars finding someone to pick a fight with. I should've thought about it before leaving and driven another way home, but I really didn't imagine those kind of mobs directly confronting people such as myself who were just trying to drive home.

The next week, they were told to bring American flags... as if that would cover up what those people were about... For the race everything, for the rest nothing..., which isn't some white supremacist's slogan, but the slogan of the mobs that were out "peacefully" demonstrating.
"Humanity indisputably progresses, but neither uniformly nor everywhere"--Regine Pernoud

You work while you can, because who knows how long you can. Even if it's exhausting work for less pay. All it takes is the 'benevolence' of an incompetant politician or bureaucrat to leave you without work to do and no paycheck to collect. --Tjol
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Wow, where was this, Tjol?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

What do you mean "America Hating Mobs"? What people were comprising these mobs? Where were they? What is their America Hatred caused by?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

sounds like the Mexicans who were demonstrating their love for the USA with their Mexican flags?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Esmer wrote:sounds like the Mexicans who were demonstrating their love for the USA with their Mexican flags?
Well, if that's the case, and they were here in the US, and are opposed to cracking down on illegal Immigration, I'm sure they can find their way to the Mexican border, where hipocrasy can be appreciated, since Mexico expects us to welcome illegal immigrants, while they jail the ones from this side of the border.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

being in Texas i ca tell you that for every march they unfold the Mexican flag. we also have an idiot pizza chain in Dallas exchanging pizza for pesos. I thought it was illegal to use foreign currency in transactions here.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

sgtnull wrote:being in Texas i ca tell you that for every march they unfold the Mexican flag. we also have an idiot pizza chain in Dallas exchanging pizza for pesos. I thought it was illegal to use foreign currency in transactions here.
Not sure about illegal. Mexican Currency is no different than Canadian Currency, and you see Canadian currency being exchanged often (not dollars mind you, but, coins). It is true many won't accept Canadian or Mexican currency, but, I'm not sure it's actually illegal, is it?
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

sindatur wrote:
sgtnull wrote:being in Texas i ca tell you that for every march they unfold the Mexican flag. we also have an idiot pizza chain in Dallas exchanging pizza for pesos. I thought it was illegal to use foreign currency in transactions here.
Not sure about illegal. Mexican Currency is no different than Canadian Currency, and you see Canadian currency being exchanged often (not dollars mind you, but, coins). It is true many won't accept Canadian or Mexican currency, but, I'm not sure it's actually illegal, is it?
As I understand things, it's illegal to conduct currency exchange at banks and stuff like that without a license, but it's legal to use it in consumer areas and stuff as long as the seller takes 'em.
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

Jove wrote:Wow, where was this, Tjol?
Santa Ana, CA on Bristol Ave. Took me twice as long to get home that day, because the streets were rendered sidewalks.

p.s. and for what it's worth, I don't think crossing illegally would be so bad if the people crossing had an ambition to become an American rather than remaining loyal to the corrupt country that they're fleeing. Not that America is pure virtue, but it's hardly as corrupt as the countries that these people are fleeing. Yet, when they make their money in America, they send remitances back to their homeland so that their corrupt governments can steal a little bit more from them.

I'm not big on rounding people up, but it's important to control who comes in and out of this country, that people who are deported once because they've committed a crime aren't allowed to re-enter.... and that people who commit a crime in America aren't allowed to cross south and take advantage of Mexico's preference to not extradite(sp?) violent criminals.
"Humanity indisputably progresses, but neither uniformly nor everywhere"--Regine Pernoud

You work while you can, because who knows how long you can. Even if it's exhausting work for less pay. All it takes is the 'benevolence' of an incompetant politician or bureaucrat to leave you without work to do and no paycheck to collect. --Tjol
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I'm not even against them sending money back to Mexico, because, if done properly, it's good for the Mexican economy, and anything that improves their economy, will prevent ours from being dragged down.

My problems are:
1. Being illegal, they can be abused and bought too cheaply, eroding our wages.
2. We should get our tax percentage from their wages
3. I want a background check on them before they get here, to ensure we're not inheriting Mexico's (or further south) known problems
4. Any expenses for hospitals or other services incurred by states due to illegals using our services and not paying for them, should be billed to and paid for by their home country's Gov't, as Mexico (and probably further south) encourage the illegal immigration and work against our enforcement.
5. Mexico should treat our illegal immigrants to their country as they expect us to treat theirs to ours.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Tjol said:
Santa Ana, CA on Bristol Ave.
NO WAY!!!! I grew up in Westminster. Small world, huh? Made the move to Arizona but I miss the OC.
I'm not big on rounding people up, but it's important to control who comes in and out of this country, that people who are deported once because they've committed a crime aren't allowed to re-enter....
In some of the cities here in the Phoenix valley, they have estimated that 80% of the crimes comitted are from illegal aliens from south of the border.

Return to “Coercri”