How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Pleased yet infuriated. Had a nice long chat with Turiya...until MySpace IM packed up for no reason. I get to speak to her about once a year. Grrr.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

well I had thu/fri/sat off. so i could work the overnight sun-wed. then they called and swapped me out so i ended up working sat. and then they called for me to work today. so i now have no idea when i work next week.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Spent yesterday not working (bah! I need to work as SoS has school break coming up and I won't be able to do much work in those two weeks!). But my ear is driving me NUTS!

Rang the clinic and begged that someone see me yesterday. No. They suggested I travel to another town (I DON'T DRIVE!) and then told me to go to the emergency department at a hospital (in another town) so I gave up...and chose to feel sorry for myself instead! :P

Did a bit of writing (wacko!) and then just lay around with a heat pack on my ear.

It's not as bad today (thank goodness)...but it seems to get worse as the day wears on. But my balance is off...so I'll probably fall over and break my neck! At least that might make my ear stop hurting...if I'm dead! ;)
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

No, Sea, don't die just yet! Wait until we've all read The Last Dark, and then we can all die together.

You know, like the Jim Jones thing. But we'll be part of a Donaldson cult instead. We'll sip Sarangrave juice or whatever, and shuffle off this mortal coil. We'll make headlines, SRD will learn of it, and become so horrified he'll swear off any further writing, and appear on CNN to be interviewed by Larry King.

What could be better, I tell you?
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

where do I sign? and must I do it in blood? ;) :biggrin:
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Went to the hospital, but Dr Fernando (hehehehe...great name) can't see any infection. Said might be middle ear....blah blah...virus...yeah yeah...gave me across the counter pain killers and some anti-nausea/dizzy pills. So I'll put up and shut up, go see a doctor on Wednesday and in the meantime feel sorry for myself! ;)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Celebratory...
...kinda.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i feel good. like i know that i should.

maybe going to half price to look at the 50 cent comics. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I need a nap. :Z:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

It's a Monday - how am I supposed to feel? Ask again on Friday - I'll be having a two weeks Easter Break then.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Alternating between angry and upset. I've actually been quite content the last few days. This tells me something.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Good to hear things are getting better (?) for you Covvy.

I'm finally off to the doctors today. Probably a good thing since I'm feeling so ill now I'm going to be incapable of doing anything soon! Trying to work and getting no where. I'd be able to cope with the pain if I wasn't feeling like puking all the time (even the anti-nausea tabs aren't working anymore!). I'm guessing it's my wisdom tooth and NO NO NO NO NO!!! I hate dentists! But I shall beg my gp for DRUGS (as getting into a dentist here is going to take WEEKS!).
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Dentist visits are such fun arent they? 2 days ago I was informed that the tooth that has been aching since I had a filling replaced a month ago requires a root canal treatment... 3 visits and a couple of thousand dollars..... woo hoo :?
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

OMG! If they want to charge me a couple of thousand to fix this problem they can go get f***ed! I'll just get some dentistry tools and hack the tooth out myself!!
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm happy! I have medication! Hopefully it'll do the job and I'll be happy Sea once again!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Yay!
Feel well soon, Sea.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I feel very much alive! Here's why:

Last Sunday, I saw some of my friends for the first time since spring break. Now, it is important to the story that you know that 1)All my friends are alcoholics, 2)I don't drink, and 3)My friend, we'll call him Jon, had purchased a butterfly knife during spring break.

So after my friends had played a game of circle of death and had a half-power hour, I saw the butterfly knife on the table and starting playing around with it, you know, trying to open it all quick and cool like with out slashing up my knuckles. Jon, almost beligerently drunk at this point, asked me to give him the knife, seeing how he had all ready learned how to open it all cool like and he would teach me. I obliged (soberiety doesn't decrease absentmindedness). So he started to show me how it was done, and began to demonstrate when the butterfly knife, blade out, flew out of his hand straight towards my chest. Being only two feet away, there was no dodging possible, bounced off me (probably wasn't ejected too hard, or a dull part hit me, regardless, no harm done!) and fell to the floor. As Jon and I laughed maniaclly as crazy folks such as us will do in such situations, another drunk friend in the room, we'll call him Chris, procured the knife and hid it away before I could give it back to Jon so he could continue his demonstration :biggrin:

That, and Biochemistry seems to be within the realm of human comprehensibility this quarter, so it's turning out to be a great week!
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

April 1st is traditionally my least favorite day of the year for many reasons. My three biggest reasons:
First and foremost, I am a very gullible person, and this day demonstrates to me how very gullible I am. I don't like being gullible, and I feel like everybody is lying to me on this day. Gimme the truth, dammit!
Secondly, it is the day immediately following my birthday, so the "birthday high" crashes around my feet, usually accompanied by exhaustion from staying up too late the night before.
April 1st also means that the school year is nearly over, and I always feel like there's too much schoolwork to fit into that short amount of time, and despair of ever finishing it in time.

This year, April 1st isn't so bad so far. I haven't really seen very many people yet today so I don't feel like I'm being lied to, I immediately figured out the main prank that was being played in my vicinity, and my profs for todays classes are unlikely to pull anything.
I still haven't gotten enough sleep, and I have way too much homework to contemplate, but at least one of the three main reasons why this day normally stinks does not apply today.
I also think I may be coming down with a cold, so I may actually get some of my homework done this week.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I am here.
Last edited by MsMary on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm pissed to hell and back-I can't believe I voted for this guy twice and wanted him to be Secy of State!!!! This idiot Governor of mine wants to put toll booths on I-40 and I-25!!! Absurd! Insane! Ridiculous! :rant: But I really feel sorry for the poor bastards that commute between Albq and Santa Fe. Actually the ones who are going to get nailed the worst from this are the people who live in the mountains and rural areas and have no other choice. And some of the poorest people in this piss-poor state live in rural communities.

Gods this is insane! None of the neighboring states do this. Major trucking may be rerouted-we'll lose income from that. OK so it helps the environment-people will take the Rail Runner, they'll carpool even more than they are. WooHoo! The city grid will become much more congested because no one will take the freeways-total joy. Their reasoning is shortfalls from the gas tax because fewer people are driving. WTF!!!??? That makes no sense whatsoever. And during a recession? God I live in the stupidest state in the US. No wonder NM has so many great fantasy writers - our reality sucks!!!
:-x :P

(oh and btw-to make matter ever more ridiculous-the booths won't be on the freeways they'll be at the on ramps :screwy: except when you enter the state)

It's got to be an April Fools joke--please god let it be an April Fools joke PLEASE!
Last edited by danlo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”