lorin's diet blog

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Indeed! Actually, other than the fact that modern bagels are the size of life rings and therefore excessively carby, there is nothing that unhealthy about the weekly smoked fish brunch. Back in the day when lorin, Menolly and I each grew up with this traditional feast in our families, bagels were real bagels: not huge, boiled before baking, and deliciously dense. With a schmeer of cream cheese, some lox or smoked chub, a bit of onion and a few capers...heaven!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Hey lorin,
I've been meaning to tell you this for a couple of weeks... (lol, weeks!)

...but, these days I'm driving around a lot from one library to another to tutor, and one day I was like "I'd better bring food and water, even though I don't 'have time' for it, because if I don't, I'll be really unhappy, and I don't want to do that to myself."
Now a 1-liter water bottle accompanies me most days.

Your stories of your commute, and craving food in the car prompted me to think about this & do something to take care of myself!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

Return to “The Galley”