Nightmares & Dreamscapes, the mini-series

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Chassit
Giantfriend

Nightmares & Dreamscapes, the mini-series

Post by Chassit »

I think this is great so far!
Spoiler
The little toy soldier one was just... funny, in a sad way. I found myself laughing every time they launched some new attack. :lol:

Was glad to see "Crouch End". Somehow it was almost as scary as the actual short story. Nice touch with the creepy voice reading the strange Druidic signs.

I thought the husband was a little creepy, though. I couldn't quite figure out why he wanted to get to "the other side".
I wish I'd recorded it last week. Guess I'll wait for the DVDs.

Other opinions?

[Edit: fixed typo.]
Last edited by Chassit on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
- John Stuart Mill, English philosopher
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

only one of hopeful anticipation :cross: I've seen the previews, and it looks incredible.....and one thing thats become an issue for me is those dam dvd's! You get scenes they can't show on TV, and all that extra stuff, I feel like I'm getting cheated....like watching an R rated movie on TV, they chop it up and spoil it if you haven't seen it beforehand, and then watch the dvd too....bastards! :rant:
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

Esmer... I can't remember where you live. Do you get it in your area? If so, the next ones are on this Weds. night. :)
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

yea, I get sci fi, what I'm saying is on TV I will be watching a "made for TV" version of the show, and will have to buy the dvd's just to see the "good stuff" and scenes they couldn't show because of the FCC....it's like extortion, heh ;)
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

Oh, okay, I see what you mean now.

Yeah... sad but true.

It's like with "Pirates of the Carribean" (the first one); I saw it on TV the other night, even though we have the DVD, and there was an extra scene at the end that none of us remembered from the theater or the DVD:
Spoiler
The monkey took one of the gold coins back out of the treasure chest and became cursed again, along with the rest of the crew, I guess, and then sort of snarled at the camera.

Return to “Stephen King Forum”