Pink Floyd!!

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Pink Floyd!!

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote: I just received my album yesterday. I will listen to it this weekend and see what I think,
Interesting. I had to stop myself from hearing the original in my head as I listened. This really is a new album more than a reduex. Its going to take a few listens for sure to really experience it.

My one critique is not the contents but the vinyl does not play loud enough. I usually put albums on loud and then get housework done while I listen. But it doesn''t carry enough even when set my volume on max.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Pink Floyd!!

Post by SoulBiter »

I bought a new pressing of the remastered Live at Knebworth 1990. The album is very high quality 185 gram and recorded at 45 speed for the best sound.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Pink Floyd!!

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:26 pm
SoulBiter wrote: I just received my album yesterday. I will listen to it this weekend and see what I think,
Interesting. I had to stop myself from hearing the original in my head as I listened. This really is a new album more than a reduex. Its going to take a few listens for sure to really experience it.

My one critique is not the contents but the vinyl does not play loud enough. I usually put albums on loud and then get housework done while I listen. But it doesn''t carry enough even when set my volume on max.
So after a few listens, I have not warmed up to Rogers version. I wont got into many details but after the second listen it became obvious that at most of the parts where he speaks, he is speaking over the parts where the other band members would have been, as a way to tune Gilmore and other band members out, and replacing that with his thoughts and monologues. It falls flat for me. On the vinyl there is a side 4 (with no name) that is nothing more than 20 minutes of wandering thoughts and his describing sounds from some place where he is or has been. It was very odd.

Return to “Vespers”