Announcement & Suggestions Posting Guidelines

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I'm glad I wasn't to blame this time. :D

Although I still approve of any draconian approaches used. :D

-jay
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

kevinswatch wrote:I'm glad I wasn't to blame this time. :D

Although I still approve of any draconian approaches used. :D

-jay
Does that include incineration with fiery breath, sending them to eternal torture in the abyssal realm?
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

just checking to see if anything changed.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I suggest there could be an Announcements + Suggestions forum. People could post there and request things like an Announcements + Suggestions forum and so.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

You know, Ananda, sometimes our admins and mods are fast :lol:
A role-player, beware
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

uh-oh...
Go easy on them, Sheriff. ;)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

The sheriff pulls in his thousand yard stare, examining the human flotsam and jetsam blown into town like so many tumbleweeds. There was Mel the Drunk, shambling red-eyed into the saloon. Molly pulling the hem of her skirt a bit higher and angling her pock-marked shoulder into the shadows. Just the usual miscreants, he thinks, but there's a smell in the air, like a rainstorm coming, even if that ache in his off hand—a gift from One-Eye Pratt whose coin would have been better spent anywhere else but pooling in the dirt behind the Chinaman's—told him there was nothing in store but sweat and dust and misery. He leans over the rail and punctuates the ground next to the horse trough with a mark that's more tobacco than spit. Fingers tracing the old grooves over twin arcs of ivory separated by a narrow no-man's land of steel, he waits.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I suggest an edit to the rules for this forum. Saying off topic and frivolous posts are allowed is a bit confusing when they are not. Not everyone has perfect engrish and implied stuff while seeming to say something else can be difficult, I think. At least that is the case for me.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Ananda wrote:I suggest an edit to the rules for this forum. Saying off topic and frivolous posts are allowed is a bit confusing when they are not. Not everyone has perfect engrish and implied stuff while seeming to say something else can be difficult, I think. At least that is the case for me.
I wouldn't be too concerned. We leave things ambiguous like that for a reason. We want order (or the semblance thereof), but we do not want to stifle, say, friendly banter. So, for example, someone might (truthfully, mind) post a topic entitled SRD To Give Major Announcement Sunday! This general topic is well within forum rules as outlined in the first post by Syl (so long as it is true. If you start a topic like this just to be silly, it could get deleted. General Discussion is for silliness ;) ) Now, that means you could post something like, "OMG! I can't wait!" or something more off-topic like "Maybe he's announcing digitally removing Linden from the Chronicles!" Followed by exactly 5 posts of "THOOLAH!" Friendly banter, see?

Usually, if something is deemed outside of friendly banter, it is probably because someone outside of the moderator has complained of it. Except for very clear-cut cases (i.e. Last Chronicle spoilers in A & S), a moderator, isn't going to go crazy with mod-power and start deleting posts, locking them, or suggesting banning people in seriousness. That's work and something no moderator wants to make a decision on.

So we leave it all up to Avatar :biggrin: :P :twisted:

Nutshell: Don't worry about it.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Orlion wrote:"Maybe he's announcing digitally removing Linden from the Chronicles!"
Is that possible?!? Don't toy with me!!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yes. Her part will be played by a second Thomas Covenant brought by time travel from the First Chronicles. The character will be just as selfish, inactive, and full of self-doubt, but he won't say "fuck".

(This off-topic post is brought to you by my strong sense of irony.)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Better than an ironic sense of strength, eh?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

[This space vacated by some smart-a$$ post I thought better to remove...]
Last edited by Savor Dam on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, pretty much what Orlion said. I don't want to overly curtail people's posting in this forum, leading it to be locked to all non-moderator or non-admin comments (and accordingly ignored by the majority of users). At the same time, I want it to be at least relatively easy to find useful information related to Donaldson or the Board.

With few exceptions, this forum runs smoothly and according to plan, and most exceptions are easy enough for me to clean up (i.e., move to a different forum). I just don't want people thinking they can flagrantly ignore the rules, or worse, my admonishments. Besides making it harder for me (or giving me headaches from excessive eye rolling), it diminishes my authority and hence my self-esteem—er, I mean, my ability to successfully manage the forum.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Actually, that's really about the only way to get into trouble here...if a mod asks you to do something and you ignore it.

Even the worst offences are initially met by a mod saying "don't do that please."

It's pretty much how you react to that which determines your future treatment and the attitude of the management toward you.

--A
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

Just for the crack I did 10 posts. And that it for me.
There's a few nice people on KevinsWatch, but much too many objectionable persons, who don't properly care the way this website is used and abused.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

[mod edited for relatively mild - but still Watch-inappropriate - language. I see what you did there. Please don't. That is all.;) ]
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I'm sorry. :( :( :(

What did I do?

-jay
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

what did I miss?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Nothing to see here, Sarge.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Savor Dam wrote:Nothing to see here, Sarge.
>sigh<
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”