Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Also, the maelstrom to the east of Yekithii is entirely natural, and a result of the sinking of the Domain of Chaos. The malevolent maelstrom that was located to the west of Yekithii, has been dealt with!
That is not entirely true. While it is true that I did not create the maelstrom, I certainly helped it along its way.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Apologies, Jove.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Hedra Iren wrote:
The Allfather wrote:[Antovar] says something that both strikes you with dread and fills you with hope. "Simjen is not dead, my Lady", he says tearfully, "ere I was cast out of Eiran I saw the World Breaker trapping him into a fiery gem - a gem from which he will draw Simjen's own power until our Lord is free!"
I assumed Simjen was still alive. After all, Maeror did not feel the soul of a god enter his/her realm. And the soul of one such as Simjen would surely be noticed! If things were ever calm enough, I intended to examine this situation more closely. But now we know he is still alive! The search may be a bit easier since we now have something to go on. Jove's affinity for gems may, indeed, help considerably!

Alas, Mox's action against Eiran caused a fairly big problem for me, and that problem is about to... escalate. For all I know at the moment, "explode" might be an appropriate word to use. But when I have cleaned that up, I will be able to help with the search for Simjen.

Not that Simjen does not deserve to be freed immediately, of course. Our Brother deserves far more than we can ever repay him. However, his strength surpasses all of us, and I'm sure he will be fine. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to free himself without our help, and returns with a star-powered, planet-throwing gun, or some such! :lol:

Also, I recommend we not discuss any rescue efforts in public. The attempt to strengthen Eiran against you-know-who with the Song was made public, and the result was sabotage that many of us are still dealing with. There could not be reason to believe an attempt to rescue the one who attempted to defeat that same threat will not also be turned against us.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

See now, Argothoth, how your ambitions will bring about your downfall. In your arrogance, you chose not to dissipate the time distortion and instead allowed it to grow, as you used it to accomplish what you could have easily accomplished with your armies alone, and now that power has turned against you. With each season, the distortion grows in magnitude, and now it bears down on your own lands. It seems obvious that soon it will be completely beyond your control. You should have ended it when we asked of you.

----------------

To the rest of my brethren, I regret that my efforts to counteract the madness were effective only to the smallest degree. Too much power was required, while too much of it was needed elsewhere. I still hope, however, that I can continue to reduce the number stricken in this way, and as the power of Moxinomal wanes my efforts will become more effective and more lasting.
If any of you can spare power toward the healing of this madness, it would be greatly appreciated.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Melirelle, on behalf of all my living people who would be dead without you, you have my deepest thanks. It was a dark moment when Maeror and I agreed to stand to the last and fight, rather than retreat or let someone else fight. We had no illusions of winning, simply doing our best to take down as many of the Undead scrouge as possible before succumbing.

By yourself, you changed all of that. Now the Wampyr have a chance to become truly effective, and my soldiers do not lie under the ground. We have had words in the past, but I am glad that we came to terms. You have my deepest thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argothoth and Astavyastatta Kadna: the time for giving quarter has passed. If you run, I will follow. If you hide, I will root you out. You have invaded my home and killed my people, INCLUDING refugees. Innocent women and children. I will have their souls rest in peace, knowing your amries are dead. My people are at their best. They have powerfull allies. Prepare yourselves.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Jove wrote:To Vadhaka:

My deepest thanks. Can we discuss why you want to enter the mists? What do you hope to gain?
I have aided Erian and those who have sought help from me without question, and often without discernable benefit to myself.

The skills of my followers have saved the lives of countless thousands of worshippers of all deities, know they it or not.

The petty squabbles of power-mad fools holds no interest for me. Erian is beset by far greater threats than than the bickering of good and evil.

Trust me or attempt to stand in my way.

The choice is each of yours.
Death To All Fanatics!
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

I will trust you, Vadhaka. You have come between me and disaster so I will not question any device of yours.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

*bows*
Death To All Fanatics!
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Whilst I trust you my brother, might I ask what you hope to achieve beyond the encircling mists?
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

The salvation of Erian.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Jove wrote:I will trust you, Vadhaka. You have come between me and disaster so I will not question any device of yours.
...ditto...

Do you need the support of additional DRP?
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Vadhaka wrote: I have aided Erian and those who have sought help from me without question, and often without discernable benefit to myself.

The skills of my followers have saved the lives of countless thousands of worshippers of all deities, know they it or not.

The petty squabbles of power-mad fools holds no interest for me. Erian is beset by far greater threats than than the bickering of good and evil.

Trust me or attempt to stand in my way.

The choice is each of yours.
While I do not trust you OR suspect you, as is fitting for one who sells his services, I DO have great respect for you.

I will neither hinder nor help.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

*nods* That is all I ask from anyone. I seek no aid, but I shall brook no opposition either.
Death To All Fanatics!
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Vadhaka wrote:The salvation of Erian.
Salvation from what? The World Breaker? The Planar Beast? A threat as yet unknown to the rest of the Pantheon?

My brother, I have no desire to oppose you. However, it is said that entering the encircling mists would destroy our world. Whilst a full explanation of your plans is not necessary, surely you can see how a little more than "The salvation of Erian" might be required.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

The prophecy is at hand sister. Close at hand. Each of us does what they can, according to their needs, desires and natures. It is not my intent to harm Erian. That must suffice. The future is uncertain.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Norn wrote:
Vadhaka wrote:The salvation of Erian.
Salvation from what? The World Breaker? The Planar Beast? A threat as yet unknown to the rest of the Pantheon?

My brother, I have no desire to oppose you. However, it is said that entering the encircling mists would destroy our world. Whilst a full explanation of your plans is not necessary, surely you can see how a little more than "The salvation of Erian" might be required.
Vadhaka wrote:The prophecy is at hand sister. Close at hand. Each of us does what they can, according to their needs, desires and natures. It is not my intent to harm Erian. That must suffice. The future is uncertain.
Vadhaka...Brother...

I have stated I trust you and will not hinder you. I mean to hold to that.

But the AllFather said besides helping or opposing you via DRP, we can attempt to talk you out of this as well. Is it your belief that by entering the mists you can stave off the completion of the prophecy? What purpose is there for you taking such a step?
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I too would know your reasoning, Vadhaka.

We have little time to reach a decision on this matter, and proper decisions cannot be reached without some form of debate or explanations being offered.

Besides, things are just starting to get very interesting here on Eiran.

Undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

They are indeed, and I would keep them so...and keep it possible for them to be so.

Ware the last verse of the prophecy, my Lord of the Waves, and tend to your own affairs.
"Beneath the ocean's silent waves
Beneath the rolling haze's song
And all that was and could have been
Will lay at last where does belong
Whether on pedestals or quiet graves."
If this is prophecy, then the final verse must yet come to pass before the world loses hope, and I do not see any action or domain of mine mentioned therein.

Tend to your own affairs brother. We have never been opposed thou and I. And I would keep it so. I act for the good of Erian.

Trust me, or oppose me.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Vadhaka wrote: Ware the last verse of the prophecy, my Lord of the Waves, and tend to your own affairs.
"Beneath the ocean's silent waves
Beneath the rolling haze's song
And all that was and could have been
Will lay at last where does belong
Whether on pedestals or quiet graves."
If this is prophecy, then the final verse must yet come to pass before the world loses hope, and I do not see any action or domain of mine mentioned therein.
*cocked eyebrow*

You were not addressing me, brother. But what are you implying by drawing attention to the domains mentioned in this last stanza? I have already been involved in this prophecy. Surely I will be left in peace, despite The World Breaker's own prophecy.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

All I am implying is that the yet to be fulfilled parts of the prophecy of end times do not mention me.
Death To All Fanatics!

Return to “Pantheon”