Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:BAH! I ORDERED the Screech ... if you have a problem ... it is with me!! A 9 DRP god threatening my 4 DRP vassal. How brave. Try your luck with ME, whining godling!!
Yeah, what he said! God of Love, I'd love for you to step off your soap box!!
Bhakti wrote:Jove and I spent a combined 12 DRP's fixing a problem that, while not entirely your fault, you were largely responsible for. Now, I must spend another 4 to resolve only the worst single aspect of my problems. In this case, the problems are entirely your doing. I am sure you have felt the Madness and Insanity that grips two of my cities, and my elemental.
I guess I did do some pretty good work if I does say so myself. :biggrin:
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

It is a hopeless endeavor, Bhakti. Even for one as hopeful as you are. They have chosen their course, now let them reap the consequences.

Sharp pointy consequences.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

So be it. I would have done my best to talk others out of destroying you, Mox, if you had begun making reparations. I've been known to stop a war or two in my time. Considering the death and horror you have caused my followers, I think it was a very generous offer on my part. But it you would rather die, I will not try to prevent it.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Asta said:
BAH! I ORDERED the Screech ... if you have a problem ... it is with me!! A 9 DRP god threatening my 4 DRP vassal. How brave. Try your luck with ME, whining godling!!
Nah, I don't believe it. Mox is clever enough for a ploy like this but I can't believe that of you Asta. You are not as subtle.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

AK, why is it that you have words of such vehemence for me - the deity who is trying to help your vassal find a way to avoid being executed - but nothing to say to those who so devestated him just now??
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

I saw your words as a threat to my vassal - extortion of his DRP that he needs for his protection.

If in truth, you seek to protect him, you shall have nothing to fear from me.

As to the WENCH and the Tin God ... they will soon trouble me no longer ... they are not worth responding to!
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Bhakti wrote:So be it. I would have done my best to talk others out of destroying you, Mox, if you had begun making reparations. I've been known to stop a war or two in my time. Considering the death and horror you have caused my followers, I think it was a very generous offer on my part. But it you would rather die, I will not try to prevent it.
If ya really wanted to protect me, protect me from the woman's scorn of your Wench!! Maybe you haven't been givin' her enough love so she went on a feminine rampage! :lol:
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:BAH! I ORDERED the Screech ... if you have a problem ... it is with me!! A 9 DRP god threatening my 4 DRP vassal. How brave. Try your luck with ME, whining godling!!
Maybe so...maybe so...

But it was not his only reason for interfering with the Song.

...posted here with Moxinomal's permission as I am no Nephirthos...
Moxinomal wrote:Yeah, I was just looking for a cheap trick to get stronger, but I reaped what I sowed... or is it sew... sewed. Currently, if the Pantheon were to see that you were helping moi, you might get lumped with us evil godlings. I am sure that if you were more powerful than you were next round, I might find your mighty dragonkin knocking at my former doorstep with Hedra's people.

You shouldn't consider yourself a fool, for you can only follow what you were brought up to follow. As a neighbor and on again off again ally, I believe it would be in your best interests to keep your followers in your own lands, for I have a feeling my punishment is not yet fully finished. I am glad you broke our silence though, my mind started twisting down some interesting paths and now they shall not be towards my Dearest.
*deep breath*

Yes...I offered aid to his followers in the form of planting fields or rebuilding stuctures, nothing more. He is my neighbor on Immeril, and felt I should do what I must to prevent disease and illness from devastation spreading to my lands, besides being in pain at seeing the devastation. As you can see above, he turned the offer aside for very valid reasons. For which I am grateful.

In response to Astavyastaata Kadna's claims that he ordered the Skreech, he had this to say when I questioned him about it
Moxinomal wrote:They're only half true. Yes, he did tell me, buuuut I was still looking for an easy way to get strong. :biggrin:
With his permission, I offer these communications for all to see.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Your words are a lot of noise but they signify nothing; other than dancing around whether you in sooth hold my Vassal in true friendship.

You are a blight upon this world, a festering wound soon to be cauterized!!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:Your words are a lot of noise but they signify nothing; other than dancing around whether you in sooth hold my Vassal in true friendship.
Moxinomal has my replies to these communications. He may judge for himself.

~*~edit~*~
Moxinomal wrote:Oh, I do not believe my Lord will be angered with me. He knows that you and I share a bond of friendship that a war would have a hard time to seperate.
~*~stop edit~*~
Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:You are a blight upon this world, a festering wound soon to be cauterized!!
Have you found cause to attack me then? I have done naught intentionally to you.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:I saw your words as a threat to my vassal - extortion of his DRP that he needs for his protection.
He would not need his drp for protection if he had not intentionally caused such devestation to all of Eiran. And I would not need his drp's if his actions against all of Eiran had not caused the horrifying situation my lands are now in.
Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:If in truth, you seek to protect him, you shall have nothing to fear from me.
My apologies for not being clear. I do not seek to protect Mox. He has caused irrevocable damage throughout Eiran, including my lands. The deaths he caused cannot be fixed. The sorrows the survivors must live with cannot be removed. However, some things can be fixed. As far as the fixable things in my lands are concerned, I believe Mox should supply the necessary drp's. Although this, as I said, cannot fix all results of his viciousness, if he does, he will have my voice between him and the righteous wrath of many in the Pantheon - a voice that has been heeded, from time to time. If he decides that he will not help clean up what little can be cleaned up, then I will make no attempt to prevent the other attacks that I suspect are coming his way.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

...I have got to learn to pay attention to details...
The AllFather wrote: Thus, heed my words, my child, for if you ask me to intervene, to stretch my hand and heal Eiran of its illness, I shall heal it of all ills, grant it time to recuperate - I shall interdict this world of Eiran to all gods and goddesses, for a time. I shall expel not only the World Breaker, but all who exist in Eiran, your brethren, those who do evil and those who do good, those who destroy and those who create. For no less shall I stretch my hand, for the World Breaker and all others are children of Eiran, and I shall heal my world of all ills, or none at all.
Brethren, am I reading this correctly? My understanding is we all shall be expelled, Light, Dark and Violator alike. And the possibility of one day returning is open to all, Light, Dark, and Violator alike. While Eiran would have a respite and heal, what would prevent the same situation from recurring after the dieties are allowed to return? I see no mention of binding or exiling The World Breaker. Only of doing to him what will be done to all.

Am I misreading what this offer to Vadhaka says?
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

As to the WENCH and the Tin God ... they will soon trouble me no longer ... they are not worth responding to!
Odd. I've never known you to be at a loss for words, Asta.
You are a blight upon this world, a festering wound soon to be cauterized!!
It takes one to know one, Asta.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

His hands resting, palms upturned, on legs crossed in a dark lotus, Vadhaka meditates upon the AllFathers words and the thoughts of the Pantheon of Erian.
Death To All Fanatics!
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Some indeterminate time later he rose smoothly to his feet.

"AllFather," he said, "your words have humbled me. The recuperation of this world and the freedom of my brother are worth the price you would have us pay. I have heard the thoughts of my bretheren, and whatever their reasons, the majority have agreed."

Taking a deep breath, he continued.

"AllFather, we ask that you interdict Eiran. That for a span of ages it be allowed the time and peace to recuperate. That you expel the World Breaker for all time and stretch forth your hand to free Simjen from his imprisonment.

But we ask that you stay your interdiction for the turn of a single season, that we may prepare for the void and our eventual return
."

Bowing deeply, Vadhaka prepared to leave the mists.
Death To All Fanatics!
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

The AllFather wrote:Iris lifts a fiery red gem and calls for you. "My lady!" She calls. "The Gem of Simjen!"
My brother and my beloved prophetess returned when I had believed them to be beyond all succour. Truly there is still hope in Eiran.

Yet I have failed the task which I set myself ere I ever joined my spirit to the Weave, for Nephirthos has again shattered our fair world and much that was will be forever lost to us. Forgive me.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Norn,

I do not offer any forgiveness, for none is needed. You have done much to keep Eiran as safe as possible, and many - inhabitants and deities - owe you their lives. So, instead, I offer you Thanks.

And congratulations on the return of Iris!!! Truly a time for rejoicing!!! :D :D :D
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

I am proud of my soldiers and their allies.
You appear to Jameak and issue him his orders, offering him glory and victory; through Jove's power, Jameak and the Gauntlets are teleported to the headquarters of the combined forces. Here, Jameak puts on the Gauntlets, and prepares for the final battle. Donning Jameak's Helm and bearing the Battle Standard of Adomorn in one hand, and his mighty sword in the other, your Prophet leads a vanguard of your best troops, alongside with several Wampyrs and some of Melirelle's soldiers. They travel by night, protected by the power of the Prophet of Adomorn, till they finally reach the location where the ancient undead and the beast Skreet are leading the armies from; and then, unfurling the Battle Standard, Jameak lifts his sword high and shouts for the attack.
The battle is hard, as the undead who protect Skreet have existed for thousands of years; but yours is the power of righteousness, and Melirelle's own might flows in her children. Amidst the chaos of battle and carnage, Jameak finally finds his opening, and beholds Skreet - a vast abomination in the shape of a monstrous rat-humanoid thing with eyes the color of sick yellowish fire. Your Prophet wastes no time in speaking; he charges Skreet straight on, and their duel almost shakes the heavens. But Jameak has been a Prophet for years, and he has had time to master the power of the divine; whereas Skreet is a foul abomination that should never have existed in the first place. With a final effort and a heave of his blade, Jameak tears the rat-thing apart, and Skreet can only emit a strangled cry as its body crumples to the floor and crumbles into dust. With Skreet's death, your people take heart, and the ancient undead are slain to the last.

Meanwhile your people continue their guerrilla warfare against the undead, and are joined unexpectedly by the Prophet of Maeror, theLord-General Admar Tellem Mekros and an army of Maeror's soldiers. The Combined Forces, thanks to these allies and to the Wampyr and Melirelle's forces, reach the tipping point, and the undead are finally forced to stand and withdraw!
May they continue to protect and serve their people, as I renturn to the Mists from whence I came.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*from the comments thread*
Lord Adomorn wrote: On another note, I LOVE badass followers. :biggrin:
The maddened dragonriders meet their doom as they aim towards Sanctuary, and are met single-handedly by Areela; the force of her conviction and her faith is such that a simple word of command from her is enough to stop the riders and their dragons, and though fire wreathes her and the blades and tips of spears seek her flesh, a cocoon of holy power protects her. Her eyes burn with holy fire as she speaks another word of command, raising her hands sharply, and pillars of divine fire erupt from the ground, enveloping the maddened dragonriders and their mounts, who screech in pain as the madness is cleansed from their minds and souls. When the riders fall onto the ground, unconscious, Areela extinguishes the divine fire, and calls for your soldiers to succor the wounded riders; once they recover, it is discovered that Areela's power did indeed cleanse them of madness, and, shamed for their deeds, the dragonriders visit your temple, asking for forgiveness and for penance.
Thank you, m'l-rd. I received the following, but knew nothing of the fate of Drahmin, Raff, and Reena.
The AllFather wrote: You learn that the two impressed dragons in Adomorn's lands have somehow been cleansed of their madness.
May I ask which two have been cleansed, and what happened to the third? I am thinking I was told of the fate of the third, but am unable to find it. To remind you, I am asking you about Cardamonth, Greneth, and Coranalla.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

I am unsure. As the mists close in, more and more become clouded to me. It might be that I will never know. But I am comforted in the knowledge that they were cleansed of the maddness.

Return to “Pantheon”