What's for dinner?

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

What's for dinner?

Post by Infelice »

It's the first thing I think of when I get home from work. Have to admit that at times the thought of cooking a meal after a long day battling mini-ravers can be unappealing......sometimes a toasted sandwich suffices :roll:

Tell us what you're having tonight (it'll help give me a few ideas) :?
Tonight at my place it's pumpkin soup and oven roasted vegetables and couscous.
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I don't know what the other people are having, but I'm making burgers. :wink:
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Went out on the town in Palma, Spain tonight (and last night, too). For dinner I had some bread with a garlic mayo spread, a plate of assorted cheeses (the blue cheese was magnificent... especially with a little olive oil and vinegar... mmm), and vanilla ice-cream with honey and walnuts for dessert. Oh yeah, and some sangria (the only reason we decided to eat at that particular restaurant was because the guy offered us a free liter... Palma does not hold back when it comes to free booze, let me tell you).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm having an italian beef sandwich with hot pepper cheese, and a salad with bleu cheese dressing. :)
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Wow Syl, that sounds wonderful....its hard to knock back a place that has free booze on tap......sangria.....mmmmmmmm :)

Sounds simply delicious Damelon....I'm a big fan of salads :)
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

It's Friday and every Friday night I have a seafood tradition........I buy oysters in the shell, prawns galore and crab.....and I sit down and have me a seafood feast. :) I love Fridays :D
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Near the ocean, Infelice? :) There are a lot of Friday fish frys around here. There's a place where I go where on Friday where there's a choice of a cod, lake perch, walleye or some variety of ocean fish dinner. Lake Perch are my favorite, but something like Halibut is also good. Mmm... Wish it was Friday here instead of Thursday evening. :D
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Ahhhh a fellow fish lover :D.
I'm only about an hour from the ocean Damelon....there's tons of seafood joints around where I live. We call them Fish 'n' Chip shops :D
If you are ever in this neck of the woods, you need to try barramundi....the best eating fish anywhere.(IMO) :D
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Ryzel »

Infelice wrote:It's the first thing I think of when I get home from work. Have to admit that at times the thought of cooking a meal after a long day battling mini-ravers can be unappealing......sometimes a toasted sandwich suffices :roll:
Are you a teacher?
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Yep...that's right Ryzel. :)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I didn't even eat dinner last night...I had met my husband for lunch and was too full to want any dinner. I had broccoli-cheddar soup, Caesar salad, and a big hunk of French bread. And a glass of fresh lemonaid and a fat shortbread cookie as big as my hand for dessert. Ans a honey dew melon/ green iced tea smoothie! That was wonderful!
Tonight -- I'll probably make up a taco salad, and some cheese quesadillas for the kids, maybe some Spanish style rice and black beans on the side. :) If they don't want that maybe some pork chops and corn bread and salad and cheesy potatoes...
This forum is making me hungry! I think I'm going to go make up some lunch now -- maybe some New Orleans style red beans and rice? I'll have to see what's in the pantry that I can make up fast! :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have almost the same things each night, just little differences: Chips. Today it's baked beans, fried egg, and chips. Not really the most healthy or creative meal, but who cares - it tastes good.
Can't stand Fish and Chip shop chips, though - they have to be home made.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Tonight's special is Hungarian sausage, mac & cheese, and a salad.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Dinners on the weekends are very simple affairs....tonight its homemade broccoli soup and...a salad. :)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well, dinner is turning out to very simple tonight. :wink: My husband is bringing home a pizza, probably our traditional double cheese and pepperoni. :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Hmm... Let's see what I had. I had frozen meatloaf, frozen mashed potatos(with green food colouring), frozen broccoli, and nearly frozen cherry coke. My favourite. :)
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Like frozen foods eh...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

*nods head* Yep. :D
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Pizza...but I burnt it :(