Fantasy Bedtime Hour

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I do almost all of the filming. Occasionally if Julie has a particular shot in mind she will get just that and I do the rest. Alot of the action sequences are all handheld and I must say that sometimes after lugging a huge camera around on my shoulder for hours it will sometimes take days for my shoulder to stop hurting. The bedroom shoots are alot easier since they are almost all tripod with the exception of the crazy chart stuff and the outro. During the outro I stand on the bed and steady myself with one hand on the ceiling...heheheh

CJ
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Kewl, have you filmed anything else?
Are you in the Camera Persons Union? I hear they're as tight as the Teamsters.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I am strictly an amateur so no unions for me. This is just my hobby and a total labor of love. As far as other filming I have done alot of filming for our full length film we are working on. It's called "Raised by Crows, The Jessica Glade Story." It is a lifetime style spoof about a girl who is lost in the woods of San Francisco and she is adopted and raised by crows. The story begins with her leaving her crow family and her re-emergence into human society as a high school teenager. It has mean cheerleaders and jocks and a battle against Big Business to save her childhood woods from being paved into a parking lot....it's good stuff.....REALLY....and it stars pretty much everyone from FBH.

We also have another project mapped out for after FBH which is a series that is best described as Star Trek meets the Loveboat.....

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

It must really suck having such a hum-drum boring job eh?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:It's called "Raised by Crows, The Jessica Glade Story." It is a lifetime style spoof about a girl who is lost in the woods of San Francisco and she is adopted and raised by crows.
That sounds fantastic! I want to see it. A lot.

Oh, wow, I just found this thread! I missed it when I was in Europe -- great pics, Luci! What a brilliant sunny day that was.

For my part, I VERY much want to go back out to SF around the time of the last ep filming. Such an achievement must be celebrated! The production must be lauded! And the cast-persons must be cooed over shamelessly once again!

ETA: And now I realize this was posted even before I left... wow, I need to get out of my forum rut from time to time. Jeepers. Anyway, great post!
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

We are planning a final episode party around April and of course you are invited my dear....might even get a special guest but there is no certainty on that one...it's in negotiations.

jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

Awesome. Whenever you have it, I'll do my positive absolute best (warding sign against the evil deadline eye) to be there. :)
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

You better be there Jwaneeta....

Drew, it's not my job it's my hobby. I actually run an auto repair shop that specializes in BMW and Mini Coopers for a living. The camera hobby is what I live for, not what I make my living from.... :D

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Watch party in SF in April?

:shifty:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

That's fo sho!!!

I'll line out the master plan for y'all....

We are currently airing ep 35. We have everything filmed for Jwaneeta's episode (36) and are about to go into maniacal edit mode. Jwaneeta's ep will air the second showing in Novemeber and probably all through December. We already have Romeo's expert footage filmed (ep 37) and will be filming the reading and analysis and the action for his ep in early November. His ep will air in January. There will probably not be any filming in December due to travel schedules etc. We have already filmed Tadhg O'Higgins expert footage for ep 38. We will try to film the R&A in November and the action footage in January. Ep 38 will air for February. SRD is going to be here in early November to film the expert stuff for eps 39 and 40. Ep 39 will be set up as a regular ep with action sequence etc and stay true to format. Ep 40 will be different. We are going to do a look back type bit and then have SRD as a general book expert so he won't be limited to just that action sequence. Ep 39 will air for March and then ep 40 in April, BUT we plan to do a large pre-release party before the final ep actually airs on the station. Everyone who has been a part of the show will of course be welcome to come....provided they bring handsome single men to fix me up with..... :D

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Everyone who has been a part of the show will of course be welcome to come....provided they bring handsome single men to fix me up with.....
so again, i implore you....WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP!!! :biggrin:

i'm a pretty good cook. i could um...be craft services for any filming.
i can do running crew. set construction (altho i have no tools). um...set dresser. set gopher. i sing. :biggrin: i know an awful lot about shoes.

have you ever done an episode regarding the post-modern structuralism in The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant? i can talk for days and days about Joseph Campbell and the Monomyth as relates to TCTC!!

and, as you know, i take pretty decent candid photos!!! i could document "The Process" of the last episodes!!!!
you know, sort of how Coppola's wife did that documentary about Apocalypse Now...for posterity!!

just call. anytime. whatever i can do. :biggrin:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Sorus wrote:Watch party in SF in April?

:shifty:
Sounds like a mini-Elohimfest, to me. Hmmmm...keep me posted on the timing. Youngest Daughter's birthday is in mid-April, so I couldn't get away then. But another time in the month, maybe I could come.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

And for the final ep party we will probably try to rent out this place called "The Attic" because they have large screen projection capabilities. It was totally perfect for Steve aka Thomas Covenant's release party for his mockumentary he made. Should be a grand event.

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Allright Lucimay, gotta serious question regarding filming in November. I am overstaffed with actors for the filming of action sequence 37 on that Saturday BUT on Friday night for the filming of SRD's expert footage I could replace my usual camera B person (myss Terry aka Atrium) with say....YOU Lucimay? The job is easy, you get to come over and meet the man and then stand behind a camera on a tripod and get a second sight view of the expert footage and also the precious backup tape. Honestly we never shoot expert with a backup camera except for SRD cuz GOD FORBID anything happen to that!!!! So, you interested?

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

8O 8O 8O 8O

um... YEAH :lol:

of COURSE! dudelette! i was so busy keying in returned merchandise and thinking about scary movies i didn't even SEE this!!! :biggrin:

i'll do it. i'm in!!
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Luci, you lucky bastard, I'm green with jealousy....
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

SWEET!!! and just to clarify a little further, I want you to just film the whole thing even the "off camera" stuff for potential outtake shots. This is gonna be so much fun! Incidentally, that is also my birthday. HEHE I get to film SRD for my b'day! WHOO HOO....

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Party on, CJ!

:letsparty:

Luci -- you are soooooooo lucky! We'll want a full report, missy!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

dlbpharmd wrote:Luci, you lucky bastard, I'm green with jealousy....

i only begged and cajoled and publically emotionally blackmailed poor Jenn into FINDING me something to do, which she so GRACIOUSLY did do!!

i feel somewhat ashamed of my horribly obvious behaviour but...as my mate is fond of saying,

be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!! :biggrin:

THANK YOU Jenn...many many thanks. what an adventure!!! and just another one of MANY adventures i've had since hooking up with The Watch.

you're right dlb...i AM lucky bastard-ess. :biggrin:
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Lucimay, you did not browbeat me into it, I wanted to find some way to include you. Besides, why should I not share the wealth. I mean seriously, I never imagined I would actually become FRIENDS with SRD. I only hoped he wouldn't serve us with a cease and desist order, then when we found out he loved us we were elated. And really that was enough, then he asked to come on the show incognito and we thought that was the uber all moment, then he asked me to do him a favor, and even better he asked us to share in his monumental life events, and he's flying to see us again..... I certainly don't think I deserve all this bounty and joy and I would be even more undeserving if I didn't try to share it with the amazing people who have come into my life thanks to FBH.

Besides, you take great pics....see above postings...although you could have cropped out my fat rolls before posting that one....heheheheheh

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”