New trailer

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Jerico
<i>Elohim</i>

New trailer

Post by Jerico »

There is a new trailer at the SRD web site!!!
Way cool!!! 8)
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Wow. Crazy, interesting stuff.

It sounds like Linden is sure slutting it up. Heh.-jay
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Somehow, I just knew that trailer would elicit a THOOLAH-tinged response from you, Jay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Guided by her heart’s passion for healing, Linden Avery formed the new Staff of Law
With love and power she restored the land’s health.
But now her heart has darkened, and the Staff with it
Betrayal and battle have burned her to the core
Leaving nothing of her former self except a Fatal Revenant.

“Oh, Linden,” Covenant gasped. “What have you done?”

Wow. Her heart has darkened? That fits with some of our interpretations that she isn't exactly working with pure intentions. But "the Staff with it"??? The Staff itself has darkened? Whoa.

Nothing is left of her former self (except the Revenant)? The Fatal Revenant is part of herself? I suppose in a Land where characters meet parts of themselves as personified characters, this shouldn't be surprising. But it does suggest that Covenant isn't really there as much as we'd like him to be. Even when he's there, this suggests that he's still part of herself.

Oh well, i guess we shouldn't read too much into this. It's just a teaser trailer.
Last edited by Zarathustra on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Ok, ok. I'm kinda dumb, so maybe someone could spell something out for me? Isn't a revenant something that came back to life from the dead? Linden never died... Covenant did.

Well, there goes my personal theories about the book. /sigh.
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Waddley Hasselhoff wrote:Ok, ok. I'm kinda dumb, so maybe someone could spell something out for me? Isn't a revenant something that came back to life from the dead? Linden never died... Covenant did.

Well, there goes my personal theories about the book. /sigh.

A revenant is something that remains from a lost or used whole. There are TONS of potential "fatal revenants" in the upcoming book:

1) Roger: the remainder of TC's mortality in the "real world"
2) The Illearth stone shards: Revenants fo the original pulled through a caesure
3) Jeremiah: The remainder of the Cult that served the despiser in the "real world"
4) TC himself, in whatever form he takes

See?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Got it! Thanks a ton Guns!
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

@*&!

!(E*@W(#@!

.... IDUYD(!!!

... Gggggg!!!!!!!!!

oh geez oh geez oh geez.

Wow.

Very interesting.

Oh, a revenant is a ghost, or rather, it is that also. Linden is a ghost, in a way, since she died (and is now free to transcend.)

I bet anyone a million electrons that Linden is not really the Fatal Revenant ... that's just Donaldson being a tease.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I think you're right Wayfriend. Still, the language used here is at the very least intensionally misleading.

And what do you make about the Staff being darkened? Is it darkened merely by her use of it? Perhaps this bolsters your theory about the Staff being more intimately, personally tied to Linden than we currently understand.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

There are many and various people who have speculated that the "darkness" of the Elohim has, through Findail, infected the Staff of Law:
In [u]The One Tree[/u] was wrote:"These Elohim consider themselves the center of the Earth. According to him, everything important happens here. The rest of the world is like a shadow cast by Elemesnedene. Foul and the Sunbane are just symptoms. The real disease is something else - he didn't bother to say exactly what. Something about a darkness threatening the heart of the Earth. He wants my ring. He wants the wild magic. So he can attack the disease."
But personally, I think that if the Staff is used frequently by Linden, they shall become spiritually united: darkness in one would then be darkness in both of them.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Excuse the double post ... is that Gallow's Howe at the end of the clip?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Wayfriend wrote:Excuse the double post ... is that Gallow's Howe at the end of the clip?
Has to be!

WOW!!!!!! ;)

Only 10 months to go!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Um...pretty much all topics elicit a THOOLAH-tinged response from me.

:P ;) -jay
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Wayfriend wrote:There are many and various people who have speculated that the "darkness" of the Elohim has, through Findail, infected the Staff of Law:
In [u]The One Tree[/u] was wrote:"These Elohim consider themselves the center of the Earth. According to him, everything important happens here. The rest of the world is like a shadow cast by Elemesnedene. Foul and the Sunbane are just symptoms. The real disease is something else - he didn't bother to say exactly what. Something about a darkness threatening the heart of the Earth. He wants my ring. He wants the wild magic. So he can attack the disease."
But personally, I think that if the Staff is used frequently by Linden, they shall become spiritually united: darkness in one would then be darkness in both of them.

How about this? Mhorma understood the paradox that TC WAS the white gold... could Linden herself BE the Staff of Law?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I love the trailer...pretty tricky (in more ways that one!)! ;)
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Bah. I need to ban ALL of SRD's readers.

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

kevinswatch wrote:Bah. I need to ban ALL of SRD's readers.

Come on, you love being tormented! :twisted: :P
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

If I want to be tormented, I'll read Runes again.

Ooooooooooh.

Hehe. ;) -jay
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

ROTFLMAO!!!! Brilliant response! Brilliant!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

A Gunslinger wrote: How about this? Mhorma understood the paradox that TC WAS the white gold... could Linden herself BE the Staff of Law?
According to the author ... absolutely yes.
In the Gradual Interview wrote:This whole conundrum would be much simpler if you accepted Mhoram's statement ("You are the white gold") as a metaphor. (He could have said of Linden in TROTE, "You are the Staff of Law".)
(04/26/2006)

Return to “Fatal Revenant”