Superman V. Captain Marvel (via YouTube)

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Superman V. Captain Marvel (via YouTube)

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I thought this was very well done.

Superman V. Captain Marvel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0VNjribyY
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

see Kingdom Come as well.

but the writers don't really ever explore Marvel's full array of powers. he should be able to throw thunderbolts like Zeus and change his size like ATlas. he is magical and that side is never really explored.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Damned good fight! :D Always good when those two, or one of them and Black Adam, go at it.

In the current incarnation of the Squadron Supreme, Hyperion is fighting a bad guy with his powers, except for flying. He fought him once before. This guy is as evil as they come. He says, "Hey, watch this!" and skewers a family of four with a flag pole, snaps a few necks, uses his heat vision on a swimming pool filled with people to boil them all to death in seconds, etc etc etc. As horrifying as can be!
sgtnull wrote:see Kingdom Come as well.
I was gonna say the same thing. The "Shazam!" trick is cool.
sgtnull wrote:but the writers don't really ever explore Marvel's full array of powers. he should be able to throw thunderbolts like Zeus and change his size like ATlas. he is magical and that side is never really explored.
I wasn't aware that Atlas could change his size.

I don't agree about throwing thunderbolts. He has used them in various ways. This cartoon, for example. But I'm not aware of any precedent for him being able to hold/throw them. Of course, if a writer thinks of it, he could. Not a good idea, imo. He's powerful enough.

The thing he should use more often that there is precedent for is the wisdom of Solomon. Of course, comics are supposed to be knock-down drag-outs, so solving problems with his brain too often wouldn't be be good for sales.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Atlas can't change size, but I would guess that since he was a giant, Marvel could tap into that. the point being that Marvel's powers are magic based. he should with the wisdom of Solomon be able to do more than fly and punch things hard.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Ah. I see what you mean. However, he has Atlas' stamina. After all, the guy supports the world on his shoulders for, what, ever? Something like that.

But yeah, the Wisdom part is basically ignored. Partly for the reason I said, partly because the writers probably aren't up to the task of writing what an omniscient being would do. :lol: But I saw him use it once, in the last several years, to talk some folks out of a war. Supes was failing miserably to force the opposing sides to be peaceful, but Marvel used diplomacy. It was pretty cool!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I love this but it does seem a bit one-sided, doesn't it? Supes should be taking his fair share too.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Captqin Marvel, if not for the fact thgat a portion of his brain is ruled by a boy... would defintiely cause more trouble for big blue. great fight...what is it from?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”