Runes, Part 1 Chapter 10, Aided by Ur-Viles

ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Runes, Part 1 Chapter 10, Aided by Ur-Viles

Post by MsMary »

I apologize for being a bit late with this dissection. Work has been keeping me busier than usual lately.

I haven't really been keeping up with the dissection discussions, so I may touch on topics that have been discussed previously. I tried to skim through all the dissections over the weekend, but I am sure I didn't pick up on everything that was said.

I found this chapter a difficult one to dissect. It's very long, touches on many subjects, and jumps around quite a bit. Like Jay, I started working on my dissection without having gone back to re-read the earlier chapters. My dissection is unlike Jay's in other aspects, though. :P (And when I took some extra time to finish, I did get to look at those earlier chapters.)

The chapter is called "Aided by Ur-Viles." In the previous chapter, the ur-viles have just aided Linden and her companions by fighting off the kresh which have attacked them. Later, as Linden and the rest climb to the Ramen's place of shelter, the ur-viles bring the drink of vitrim to give them strength for the climb. As the chapter ends, the ur-viles once again come, answering Linden's call for the gift of more vitrim to help her heal the wounded Ramen Sahah.

The previous chapter has ended with Anele telling his tale of how he lost the Staff of Law. As he finishes, Linden states,
Now I know the truth...You're the Land's Last Hope.
Linden's thought is continued in the first line of this chapter:
When Linden said it, she knew it to be true...He knew where the Staff had been lost.
Linden seems to think that Anele is the Land's last hope because he knows where the Staff was last seen. But if the Staff is found, can it really save the Land? It helped heal the Land in the hands of Sunder and Hollian, but the Land has never returned to what it was when Thomas Covenant first saw it. Is this because the Staff was lost before Sunder and Hollian's work could be completed? Do you think the Land could have been fully restored? I have to admit, I have my doubts about that.

Immediately, Stave, on behalf of the Haruchai, objects to Linden's assertion and appears to deny the truth of Anele's story. This objection causes the ur-viles to begin barking. Are they disagreeing with the Haruchai? That is my guess. Why else would they be reacting in that way?
In Mithil Stonedown, he [Anele] had spoken of Lost things, long dead, creatures that had forced him to remember -

Though it wasn't clear then, surely this must be referring to the ur-viles.

At this point in the story, Anele wonders off and Manethrall Hami formally introduces herself to Linden and the others, and she offers them the aid of the Ramen.
Linden hardly knew how to ask for what she needed. Help me find Jeremiah. Lead me to the Staff. Tell me why you distrust Stave.
The obvious distrust that exists between the Ramen and the Haruchai is a theme that keeps coming up in this chapter. Stave and Hami seem to lose no opportunity to remark on their distrust of each other at various points throughout the story. They question each other's devotion to the Land, though not each other's honor - there is still some measure of respect between them.

Linden asks none of her questions right now. Instead she introduces herself and Liand and offers medical assistance to the wounded among the Ramen. Just as an aside, I find it rather surprising that the Ramen use amanibhavam for healing, remembering what we have learned in the past about its toxicity to humans. They say here that drying lessens the potency, but I don't remember any such use being mentioned in the earlier books.

Linden, Stave, Liand and Somo, and the Ramen begin the climb toward the place that the Ramen call the Verge of Wandering, high up in the mountains.

As they climb, Stave tells Linden what he knows of the ur-viles. None of what he says really clarified in my mind exactly what ur-viles are, though. All we know is that they were created by the Demondim. It is asserted that they are totally evil, but their actions in this chapter (and in creating Vain) suggest otherwise. Also, the ur-viles and the Ramen seem to have some understanding, but the Ramen sidestep the issue whenever they are questioned about it, seemingly reluctant to discuss it.

The presence of Liand, the Stonedowner, during this story gives rise to a confrontation about the Haruchai's role in hiding the history of the Land from its inhabitants. Liand speaks up and expresses his feeling about having been left ignorant of his history and heritage. (About time, too. ;))

During his story, Stave manages to insult the Ramen enough that the ur-viles interpose themselves, blocking the path, and the Ramen disappear. At this point, the ur-viles will not move to let the others pass. One of them comes forward with a cup of Vitrim.

Liand, impressed by Stave's stories, tries to stop Linden going forward to meet them. He has known nothing of ur-viles previously, but he says:
Linden. No. They are ur-viles. Demondim-spawn.
The ur-viles bark at her, and she recognizes the smell of the Vitrim.
According to Stave, they were a great evil. And they should all have died millennia ago. Lord Foul had certainly tried to destroy them. Yet, impossibly, they were here. Like Anele, they seemed to have been displaced in time.
They are here, and, inexplicably, they are trying to help. What is this mystery?

When the travelers arrive at the Ramens' encampment, Linden does what she can for the grievously wounded Sahah. The Ramen are impressed with her skills in healing.

Linden has been very troubled by the loss of her health-sense, and now she learns that at this altitude, they are above the effects of Kevin's Dirt, and that she may regain her health-sense. This is what happens in the morning, to her joy. Liand, too, is amazed by his new perception of the Land.

As the chapter draws to a close, Linden is desperate to find a healing aid for Sahah so she will live till hurtloam can be brought to her. Linden walks a little bit away from the encampment and, holding Covenant's ring, attempts to call the ur-viles, reminding them of Vain and of who she is.
She heard nothing except the mild curiosity of the breeze; felt nothing except the gravid silence of the mountains. Yet when she raised her head and opened her eys, she saw an ur-vile standing before her on the grass with an iron cup in its hands.

In the burgeoning dawn, the aroma of vitrim - dusky, thick as silk - could not be mistaken.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Runes, Part 1 Chapter 10, Aided by Ur-Viles

Post by Relayer »

MsMaryMalone wrote:Linden seems to think that Anele is the Land's last hope because he knows where the Staff was last seen. But if the Staff is found, can it really save the Land? It helped heal the Land in the hands of Sunder and Hollian, but the Land has never returned to what it was when Thomas Covenant first saw it. Is this because the Staff was lost before Sunder and Hollian's work could be completed? Do you think the Land could have been fully restored? I have to admit, I have my doubts about that.
I wondered too. Look at the work the New Lords did after the RoD. How much time did they have? At least some 100's of years. Although, they didn't have the Staff. The Land as a whole seemed to have mostly recovered... in TC's journey to Revelstone, he kept discovering how beautiful the Land was, but I don't remember that he noticed any areas where desecration still ruled (at least not until he got closer to Revelstone). The Lords performed great healing in Trothgard (and I believe even more healing took place between LFB, when they retrieved the Staff and 2nd Ward, and TIW, 40 years later). So, it's possible, especially had there been time for the people to discover the lore of Earthpower. Or for Anele to learn to really use his... but he chose another path.
MsMaryMalone wrote:The obvious distrust that exists between the Ramen and the Haruchai is a theme that keeps coming up in this chapter. Stave and Hami seem to lose no opportunity to remark on their distrust of each other at various points throughout the story. They question each other's devotion to the Land, though not each other's honor - there is still some measure of respect between them.
Not much, though. The only thing that seems to keep them from outright enmity is that they do recognize they have a common enemy. This distrust has been hinted at in the previous books; and of course there are new levels to it now that the Haruchai have become Masters. I was excited to see it addressed so directly in the story, but I find it interesting that the Ramen hold the Haruchai in such disdain when they also must remember the valor of Bannor who returned to serve the Ranyhyn and chose to no longer ride them. Yet they do not acknowledge this.

Is it going to erupt into full-scale war between the Ramen and Masters? Are they going to finally heal their discord? Who can Linden trust? Only time (and SRD) will tell...
MsMaryMalone wrote:Linden has been very troubled by the loss of her health-sense, and now she learns that at this altitude, they are above the effects of Kevin's Dirt, and that she may regain her health-sense. This is what happens in the morning, to her joy. Liand, too, is amazed by his new perception of the Land.
I loved this part. Not only does Linden recover her health-sense, but we are again treated to the beauty of the Land that we know from the 1st Chrons and briefly experienced again when Foul showed Linden to the hurtloam. It's easy for us to forget, too, how beautiful and magical the Land was when we first read about it all those years ago.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Thanks for the great dissection, MsM!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Thanks for the dissection, MsMM.

For some reason, this chapter speaks loudly to me about several things.

First of all, this chapter showcases Linden as a healer. This is something which is natural to her, which even compels her. There was never any doubt or any hesitation that she had to help those Ramen, any way she could. Yeah, she bemoaned the lack of modern medical facilities -- but who wouldn't.

I think that this is important because we're not supposed to have any doubt that, when the chance arises, Linden will do what she can to heal the Land. Without hesitation. It's inate.

The second thing that spoke to me was Liand's health sense. Just think about it for a second: .... Liand ... has ... health-sense.

This implies so much! It implies (or confirms) that Kevin's Dirt is a mask. And all along, generation after generation of living under the Dirt's miasma, the people of the Land have NOT lost their health-sense. If the people's health-sense is symbolic of anything, than this fact is resounding. The Land has NOT withdrawn it's graces from the people who live there.

But the implications go further --- if the people are still granted their health-sense, that means the Earthpower in the Land is not corrupted. That is, if you extrapolate from the second chronicles, where Earthpower was corrupted, which was directly responsible for the loss of health-sense. Which, in turn, means that Kevin's Dirt is NOT a corruption of Earthpower, or caused by such. Which means that it's cause need not be due to the Staff of Law being missing.

Third, there's Linden and her wild magic. This time, she reaches for the magic, and it's there. Is this, like, random?!?! No, we have to assume that there is some logic behind this, and that there are clues to the coming and going of wild magic, clues which Linden does not see but which an astute reader might.

I've been putting forth the idea that Linden needs to awaken her passions to use the wild magic. And this time, it looked as if my theory was shot through. But then I reread the last page of the chapter, and, lo ....
She thought of Jeremiah, alone and tormented. Of Anele's terrors and bereavemnts. Of Lord Foul's words in the old man's mouth. Of a yellow shroud tainting the Land.

She had heard Covenant say while she dreamed, Trust yourself.

And within her a door which she could not find shifted on its hinges.
I know it sounds silly, but it is true ... so far, every time she's been able to weild the wild magic, she's done so in response to thinking about Jeremiah. The passion of love. The passion of guilt.
Hear me, please. Otherwise a young woman," hardly more than a girl, "who fought with you against the kresh is going to die."

Reaching out as if blindly with the fingers of her volition, the hand of choice, she grasped for the handle and unfurled white flame into the new day.
Thinking about the dying woman is the clincher. Not the pragmatism of a necessary medical task, but the passionate yearning to succor the hurt and hurting. She's touching on the fundamental passions that make her choose to be a doctor.

Also, this time, she didn't drift off into feelings that the ring wasn't hers, she didn't have any right. Instead, she thinks, trust yourself.

On the other hand, maybe it's the new health-sense that opens the door. Or may it's just a muscle that gets stronger with exercise.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Linden discerns with her new health-sense: Yet they [the Ramen] were more human than Stave's kind. They lacked the surpassing strength of Haruchai; did not live as long.

Are the Haruchai long-lived? Where did this come from?

- - - - - - - - - -

This chapter's kind of like a funny party where you invite a bunch of different people and surprise surprise everyone seems to know each other somehow.

The Ramen and the Haruchai know of each other. The Ramen know the ur-viles. The Haruchai know of the ur-viles. The Ramen know Anele; the Haruchai know Anele; the ur-viles know Anele.

Geez.

You have to wonder how it is that the Masters did not recognize that the attack on Mithil Stonedown was caused by the ur-viles? There magic was recognizable immediately to Linden, whose been in the Land for like less than two days.

- - - - - - - - -

The ur-viles practically forced their vitrim on Linden. But they had to be coaxed with wild magic to cough some up for Sahah.

I'm sure that the motivations of the ur-viles will come under closer scrutiny in the future.

Here we see them starting at a place where they are thinking solely of the lofty purpose of helping the ring bearer. But they are learning to be more compassionate in a general way ... like their brethren, the Waynhim. They open up to the idea of helping regular joes, for no deep purpose whatsoever.

- - - - - - - - -

Okay, we gotta talk about Demondim.

Their description jars somewhat with the earlier Chronicles, no?
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Relayer wrote:
MsMaryMalone wrote:Linden seems to think that Anele is the Land's last hope because he knows where the Staff was last seen. But if the Staff is found, can it really save the Land? It helped heal the Land in the hands of Sunder and Hollian, but the Land has never returned to what it was when Thomas Covenant first saw it. Is this because the Staff was lost before Sunder and Hollian's work could be completed? Do you think the Land could have been fully restored? I have to admit, I have my doubts about that.
I wondered too. Look at the work the New Lords did after the RoD. How much time did they have? At least some 100's of years. Although, they didn't have the Staff. The Land as a whole seemed to have mostly recovered... in TC's journey to Revelstone, he kept discovering how beautiful the Land was, but I don't remember that he noticed any areas where desecration still ruled (at least not until he got closer to Revelstone). The Lords performed great healing in Trothgard (and I believe even more healing took place between LFB, when they retrieved the Staff and 2nd Ward, and TIW, 40 years later). So, it's possible, especially had there been time for the people to discover the lore of Earthpower. Or for Anele to learn to really use his... but he chose another path.
It may be true that there were no obvious areas of desolation. On the other hand, When TC first came to the Land, the Lords had not yet mastered even the one seventh part of Kevin's Lore that they had in their possession.
Relayer wrote:Is it going to erupt into full-scale war between the Ramen and Masters? Are they going to finally heal their discord? Who can Linden trust? Only time (and SRD) will tell...
Ooh, I tend to doubt it would ever come to that.
Wayfriend wrote:The second thing that spoke to me was Liand's health sense. Just think about it for a second: .... Liand ... has ... health-sense.

This implies so much! It implies (or confirms) that Kevin's Dirt is a mask. And all along, generation after generation of living under the Dirt's miasma, the people of the Land have NOT lost their health-sense. If the people's health-sense is symbolic of anything, than this fact is resounding. The Land has NOT withdrawn it's graces from the people who live there.
I don't think there was ever any question that the reason the people of the Land had lost their health-sense was because Kevin's Dirt was masking it. I never had the sense that it was lost irrevocably, or that the current people of the Land were inherently incapable of feeling it.
Wayfriend wrote:Are the Haruchai long-lived? Where did this come from?
In LFB, some of the Haruchai (those who took the vow of the Bloodguard) were clearly extremely long-lived. When TC asks Bannor about himself, he says that he came to the Land "when Kevin was young in High Lordship." But it may not have been a general characteristic of the Haruchai, cause Bannor also tells TC that his wife died 2000 years before that time.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Those Haruchai were bound by the Vow and were sustained by Earthpower. Otherwise, to my knowledge the Haruchai were no more long-lived than the people of the Land. After the Vow was broken, Bannor seemed to age very rapidly.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

MsMaryMalone wrote:
Relayer wrote:Is it going to erupt into full-scale war between the Ramen and Masters? Are they going to finally heal their discord? Who can Linden trust? Only time (and SRD) will tell...
Ooh, I tend to doubt it would ever come to that.
I agree, but it seemed that if Stave and Hami kept insulting each other, they could come to blows. Being who they are, all Ramen and Haruchai would then take sides and declare their enmity towards each other. Crips and Bloods in the Land :-)
dlbpharmd wrote:Those Haruchai were bound by the Vow and were sustained by Earthpower. Otherwise, to my knowledge the Haruchai were no more long-lived than the people of the Land. After the Vow was broken, Bannor seemed to age very rapidly.
Yes, the Bloodguard were sustained by the Vow. Once it was surrendered, it's not surprising that Bannor aged quickly. His flesh and soul had borne 2000 years of being sustained.

I don't remember ever seeing this in the story either, but apparently the Haruchai are still somewhat longer-lived than normal humans. Back in Mithil Stonedown, Liand mentioned that Stave had not appeared to age in the time he had know the Masters. Being more Earthpowerful, perhaps they live for 100-150 years or so.
Wayfriend wrote:You have to wonder how it is that the Masters did not recognize that the attack on Mithil Stonedown was caused by the ur-viles? There magic was recognizable immediately to Linden, whose been in the Land for like less than two days.
She did? I thought it was only when they came to save her in the rift, she recognized the force as the same as what had been used at Mithil Stonedown. And she only recognized the ur-viles because they looked like the Waynhim she had met in WGW (?)

I think the only way the Masters would've recognized the ur-viles magic was via memory of past battles. The Masters did not know of their existence; though Stave did speak of "old evils" which lurked in the mountains. Whether they knew what those evils were is open to question. And IIRC we don't see any Masters' reaction to the attack on the Stonedown. Since they are so committed to withholding information, we aren't privvy to whether or not they knew who caused that attack.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Relayer wrote:I think the only way the Masters would've recognized the ur-viles magic was via memory of past battles. The Masters did not know of their existence; though Stave did speak of "old evils" which lurked in the mountains. Whether they knew what those evils were is open to question.
I got the impression that Stave knew exactly that the ur-viles were the old evil.
In [u]The Runes of the Earth[/u] was wrote:"Ur-viles!" Stave told her firmly. "The old evil."
:)

Now, I never did quite understand what all the defenders of Mithil Stonedown did when they all rushed out to defend against the attack which we now know was the ur-viles. What did they do, run out and wave branches at the dark cloud, muttering "crepuscular, crepuscular, go away, come again some other day" ???

But I also why Stave didn't recognize the ur-vile's magic. It's not inconceivable that he wound't, but it seems likely, especially since the Masters seem to have personal knowledge of everything the Haruchai have ever known.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Wayfriend wrote:I got the impression that Stave knew exactly that the ur-viles were the old evil.
In [u]The Runes of the Earth[/u] was wrote:"Ur-viles!" Stave told her firmly. "The old evil."
Ah. That seems fairly unambiguous :)

Wayfriend wrote:Now, I never did quite understand what all the defenders of Mithil Stonedown did when they all rushed out to defend against the attack which we now know was the ur-viles. What did they do, run out and wave branches at the dark cloud, muttering "crepuscular, crepuscular, go away, come again some other day" ???
LOL.

Which leads me to another question that's been on my mind for a while:

:?: What's been going on in Mithil Stonedown for the last couple of days since Linden fled? Even though the Masters wouldn't have told them anything revealing about her, surely the Stonedownors know that a strangely-clad woman was being held with Anele, and that they left, and that Liand was with them. Liand may have told his people other things about them, and heck, Kevin's Watch fell! That must've also at least gotten their attention. They even know that Liand leaves from time to time to do services for the Masters, but surely this is unlike those other times?

Are there even any Masters at the village right now? Jass and Bornin went into the South Plains in search of Linden and Anele. I don't think the Haruchai can mind-speak over any kind of distance, so we can assume it's very possible they're still searching the Plains and have not returned.

Either way, just what are the Stonedownors doing? Sitting on their hands, thinking, oh, just another of those strange things like the Elohim that we should not give another moments' thought to? Searching for Liand? Partying like mad, now that their village is safe and the Masters are away?

I suspect that this will become important at some point. After all, they are the people of the Land. They certainly have a stake in the future, and may well have a role to play.

tonyz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by tonyz »

One of the things which showed up about ur-viles earlier was that while they were <i>allied</i> with the Despiser, they were not his <i>servants</i> in the same way that the Ravers or the Cavewights were; they had their own purposes, and their own plans, and eventually those separated from the Despiser's will.

Having achieved their perfect making in Vain and the restoration of the Law, it's possible that they underwent a fundamental change. Or maybe this is just the way they've always been and we never got to see them outside wartime conditions until now.

I suspect that we're' going to learn a lot more about them and the Demondim next book.
Choiceless, you were given the power of choice. I elected you for the Land but did not compel you to serve my purpose in the Land... Only thus could I preserve the integrity of my creation.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

dlbpharmd wrote:Those Haruchai were bound by the Vow and were sustained by Earthpower. Otherwise, to my knowledge the Haruchai were no more long-lived than the people of the Land. After the Vow was broken, Bannor seemed to age very rapidly.
Maybe the Haruchai made a new vow that is sustaining them, when they made themselves Masters of the Land.
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

MsMaryMalone wrote:
Maybe the Haruchai made a new vow that is sustaining them, when they made themselves Masters of the Land.
That is certainly possible. I have wondered in the past if Kevin's Dirt was the consequence of some Haruchai Vow.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Some of the following passage has already been quoted in this chapter dissection, but I wanted to quote a larger section of this chapter's conclusion, as I found it the most heartwarming part of this book.

The ur-viles have once committed acts of horror (such as their Wraith-destroying actions when we've first encountered them in the LFB chapter The Celebration of Spring) and have an appearance so alien to us as to inspire further trepidation and loathing.

Yet they did indeed save the world from succumbing to the spreading disease of the Sunbane, and many of them suffered for it at the Despiser's hands.

I like this part I'm about to quote so much because their heroic efforts are now overtly acknowledged by Linden Avery, the Sun-Sage who made their Earth-saving aspirations into solid reality.
In [i]The Runes of the Earth[/i] part I chapter 10 was wrote:Anxious and uncertain, Linden paced the wiry grass until she felt in the sensitive skin between her shoulder blades that she had reached a safe remove. There she stopped, facing away from the camp. Because she had no lore to guide her, and no experience, she sank to her knees. Perhaps that suppliant stance would convey what words could not.

"I don't know how to do this," she told the dawn and the mountain breeze. "I don't know if you can hear me. Or if you care. But you've already helped us once.

"And once you saved the world."

As she spoke, she slowly closed her eyes, turned her concentration inward. Without watching what she did, she pulled Covenant's ring from under her shirt and folded it in her cupped palms as if she were praying. Somewhere hidden within her lay a door which could be opened on silver and conflagration. She knew that: otherwise she would already be dead. But it seemed to occupy a place in her heart and mind which she could only approach as if by misdirection. She had not yet learned how to find that door at will.

"You know who I am." She spoke softly. If the ur-viles could or would not hear her, no shout would reach them. "With this white gold ring and my own hand, I used Vain to make a new Staff of Law, as you intended." Vain had been given to Covenant, but he had acknowledged and served her. "With your help, I went as far as I could go against the Despiser."

Far enough to heal the ravages of the Sunbane. But only Covenant's self-sacrifice had sufficed to contain Lord Foul's malice.

"Now I'm back. This time I intend to do more."

She thought of Jeremiah, alone and tormented. Of Anele's terrors and bereavements. Of Lord Foul's words in the old man's mouth. Of a yellow shroud tainting the Land.

She had heard Covenant say while she dreamed, Trust yourself.

And within her a door which she could not find shifted on its hinges.

"I want your help again," she continued, "if you'll give it. Not against the Despiser this time," although she sought that as well. "One of the Ramen is dying. She needs vitrim. You can save her.

"In Vain's name I ask it, and my own. Hear me, please. Otherwise a young woman," hardly more than a girl, "who fought with you against the kresh is going to die."

Reaching out as if blindly with the fingers of her volition, the hand of choice, she grasped for the handle and unfurled white flame into the new day.

It could have been a high sheet of fire or a small tendril: she neither knew nor cared. Only a moment of wild magic; scarcely more than a heartbeat. Then she opened her hands and let Covenant's ring fall; left it dangling against her chest. Still with her eyes closed, she bowed her forehead to the grass.

If the ur-viles helped her now, they might do so again.

They might help her save Jeremiah.

She heard nothing except the mild curiosity of the breeze; felt nothing except the gravid silence of the mountains. Yet when she raised her head and opened her eyes, she saw an ur-vile standing before her on the grass with an iron cup in its hands.

In the burgeoning dawn, the aroma of vitrim--dusky, thick as silk--could not be mistaken.
Linden is indeed almost prayerful as she concentrates on her inner power while supplicating the Demondim-spawn. And the ur-viles show they are reachable. A really beautiful moment in the Chronicles! LOVE it!:hearts:

Return to “Last Chronicles”