Voting rules

Spotlighting Watchers and posts that go Above and Beyond the call of duty.

Moderators: Menolly, [Syl]

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Voting rules

Post by [Syl] »

Well, I think that's about it. If there's anything else, it better be good and you better message me soon.

The nomination threads will run for a week. After that, I'll turn them into voting threads with polls.

So, for each category you only get to nominate one person. A nomination will require a second before it's put on the polls (if there ends up being more seconded than the polls allow, ten I think, then we'll go for thirds). Each nominee must be being nominated for something in '06. Jan 1 to now, though considering the Watchies were held about this time this year, a month or two before is ok (if your memory's that good).

<edit to add>Please be as specific as possible in your nominations. For best thread and such, name the thread. For post awards, try to describe the post. Quoting and linking would be great (and help convince people to second your nomination or vote for it in the future).

So... uh... have fun.
Last edited by [Syl] on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Menolly asked a good question in the Best Moderator thread. Do we allow repeat winners? As long as it's for something this year, I say 'yes' with one exception... Watcher of the Year (sorry, danlo). Someone else had suggested a kind of Watcher Hall of Fame. And since a Watcher of the Year has already proven himself...

Now if Av wins again, we may have to make some changes next year. ;)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
SothuTheUnfetterdOne.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by SothuTheUnfetterdOne. »

can we nominate some for anything as long as its watch related?
I have learned a lot in the Modern Art of words.

Poetry is the Art of words, random is the modern art.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Sorry, Sothu, but I think I missed the thrust of your question (I'm waiting for the melatonin to kick in, so forgive me). To answer the best I can - you can nominate anyone for any category so long as it fits, even if partially, I suppose, the category and the time frame (2006).

Actually, you can nominate anyone you want, really. It just might not get a second, or it might not fit the guidelines. If the latter, I'll point it out.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Attention, K-Watch shoppers. VS has offered to help me out with the Watchies, and I've taken him up on it. So if he gives any suggestions or answers any questions, it's legit. He's still in the running for all the awards, though (one guess on who would get my vote for Most Helpful if I was voting), since I still have all the power hence am the only one who can be corrupted by it. :mrgreen:
-George Steiner
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! You can be corrupted? Does this mean you can be bought?
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Only one way to find out.
-George Steiner
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

SWEET!!!! I'm a little cash poor right now so I will just pm you with a list of negotiable offers of potential barters.....
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Hmmm...

I could always make up a second box of shippable goodies...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

If there's any last minute nominations, you better hurry and get them in. As soon as I post this, I'm going to start putting the polls up.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Only rule I can think of is that you can only vote once. Do not use other ID's. If you do, both votes will be invalidated.
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Ok, so that took a lot more time than I thought. My brain's fried. I'm going to bed. Nominations for categories with few contestants are still eligible. I'll put them on there. Just let me know. Polls close in ten days.

Happy voting.
-George Steiner
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

God damn it Syl, I was on vacation and didn't get to vote! What kind of stupid stunt have you pulled on me? I demand my vote!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Figures that a guy that lives in Florida has issues with voting....
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Wow, guess you don't want me voting for you.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

If nominated I will not run.

If elected I will not serve.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I was gone from noon on the 22nd till 7 this morning. I bet there are others who were gone for the holidays, too.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

No doubt. Av's been gone for a while as well.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

You'll have to talk to VS or Jay. I'm stuck in GA with limited dial-up.
-George Steiner
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Bah, I bet you couldn't even vote under your stringent rules!

Help! I'm being repressed!!
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Return to “The Watchy Awards Forum”